• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SANDRA [SANDRA] Pod People Living Like Ancient Times

Hanako’s World – Jiyuuian refugees from the former United Outer Colonies have found themselves in a paradise world – but living lifestyles that are often primitive. This year, the last of millions of people, now considered Yamataians by the government, were placed on Hanako’s World, a warm ocean planet primarily known as a resort and agriculture world. While most refugees have been placed in comfortable camps scattered across the Yamatai Star Empire’s most habitable worlds, the people here have been provided with a novel alternative born out of housing supply shortages: escape pods.

The pods come from older Star Army of Yamatai ships. Over a hundred thousand were removed from the ships laying in the scrapyards of UX-12 and moved by cargo ship to Anisa and Hanako’s World where they were moved to the planet for use as temporary housing for refugees, who have begun work on constructing villages and carving farms out of the jungle with the help of engineers from the Star Army of Yamatai. Star Army engineers also have been deploying sanitation facilities using Star Army portable outpost modules containing toilets and showers, as well as building starports for incoming supplies. For the most part, however, life for the refugees is primitive.

“I feel like I’m on a camping trip,” said refugee Sakamoto Toshiro, “or maybe really a boring renaissance fair.” Mr. Sakamoto has volunteered his services as a blacksmith using Star Army tools and an anvil donated by Second Chance Salvage Company.

“Sometimes I feel like a slave,” another resident complained. “We move stones all day, building terraces around these mountains. But I know these will feed us next year and fresh food would sure beat these Type 31 rations we’re stuck with. And at least I’m not in the quarry.”

Yamatai has been paying the refugees for their work, but wages are low, partly due to the free food and the vastness of the refugee population. Refugees who are working full time make about 200 KS monthly, a little less than a Santo Hei in the Star Army of Yamatai.

“It is important to us that the people have jobs and to transform their living areas into sustainable habitats,” says government spokesperson Sigrid Gythjasdottir. “Yamataians are tough and willing to work for a better future. These are strong people who not looking for a handout. They just want a stable future and say in their destiny.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back