• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SAOY Tenba-Class Variant

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
Submission Type: SAOY Variant of ship
Submission URL: Ge-E1-1b Tenba-Class Transporter

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? Yes, last night

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope
Previously Submitted? Nope

Notes:
Pretty straight forward, a simple variant with SAOY color schema and the addition of torpedo hard points.

Its history seems rather lacklustre. Why was it adopted? Are the T8 and Type 31 insufficient craft?

Also, I don't see a SP rating or weapons sections that details its capabilities.

We are using them in my First Expedionary Fleet as prisoner transports. The previous shuttles did not have a prisoner transport version.

Those are on the original version, as a variant the only things that are different are listed.

Sigma said:
Its history seems rather lacklustre. Why was it adopted? Are the T8 and Type 31 insufficient craft?

Also, I don't see a SP rating or weapons sections that details its capabilities.

SP isn't needed on veriants.

Maybe I'm just out-of-touch, but torpedo launchers on a shuttle? That seems like an enormous amount of power to put on just a shuttle.

They are not tubes, just mount points similar to how the Yuuko and the Plumeria mount torps for a single fire. The Tenba is almost as large as a starship. It was Wes' suggestion.

Ah, I was wondering about that. So they're single-shot weapons, not the kind that are reloaded mid-flight.

As I see no problems, and no one's pointed out any further issues in the past few days:

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back