• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Suggestion SARP needs more Junk!

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
This comes from a discussion on discord.

SARP needs more junk! more salvage! I was noticing the selections at the swap were a bit wimpy.

• There are space battles going on! - has to be junk.
  • It is space, there have to be various things banging apart, breaking, being evacuated, junk flying, things being forgotten just about everywhere and every day.
  • It would be cool to see something pop up once in a while in addition to the swap meet where just various junk is up for grabs.

The list in a black box on the current salvage page is a manifest. Overly organizing junk beyond that seems like a mismatch to the spirit of a junkyard, and would make it even easier to strip IC salvage lists bare.

I generally agree with the sentiment of Wes's question a few posts ago. Junk exists and nobody buys it.

(Why would i want to buy anything from some dirty reds? Even secret reds? You trying to get me killed by my own faction?!)

When i started here forever ago there was sale and salvage threads people bought stuff from with their PCs money (i remember one item was a pair of hanako's panties...)

An organized list that someone can update with neat things from the salvage list within reason and an open thread where PCs can bid on, sell, or buy like one we had in the past that i think bullroarerererer ran isnt a bad idea and can get PCs cool stuff without them needing to scour the wiki or come across by chance or need to make a page for it when instead they can just buy some cool thing and add it to their inventory.

Except manifests can actually be read and are an organized list, that's a paper napkin that had everything jotted down messily on it.

I've been running Second Chance Salvage Company for years and I don't think I've had anyone buy any salvage from them in the last 2+ years. If people want junk why is no one buying it?
I feel like a lot of the more interesting stuff is probably straight-up illegal to own in Yamatai because a lot of it is SAoY military equipment.

@Wes I found some neat stuff on that sight, and wouldnt mind certain characters getting their hands on them. these are.

Major components of an AI system (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 16-90, IC: 1497-5187-105)
Custodian War Android (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 8-9, IC: 121-957-17)
Gun Modification Tools (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 59-53, IC: 3184-4774-105)
Sexy Lingerie (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 62-83, IC: 5203-11179-138)
Box of Medical Nanomachines - High Value! (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 70-53, IC: 3697-7053-115)
Silk pajamas, boxers, and nightgowns (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 52-91, IC: 4789-12797-137)

Small Jewelry Box (Expensive Jewelry) (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 67-58, IC: 3876-6379-117)
Weight Set (for workout) (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 90-35, IC: 3117-2122-115)

Civilian Car (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 51-29, IC: 1536-1884-74)
Fully intact shuttlecraft (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 90-98, IC: 8877-6721-178)
Large box full of blankets, sheets, and pillowcases (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 55-41, IC: 2257-5018-90)

Donut Making Machine (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 94-87, IC: 5885-12585-170)

Handheld communicator/camera with photos and diary stored on it (YE 42 Salvage Giveaway, TC: 38-86, IC: 3325-17945-120)

i think its too late to go again for the giveaway, but I wouldn't mind buying them.

Okay, please use the transmissions forum to request them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back