• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Scarecrows PMC

Zack

Inactive Member
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Are the following WIP articles also going to be reviewed as part of this submission?
Although I've only skimmed the article, I have some questions regarding its contents:
  • Aren't corporations required to be created in the current year? I ask because, well, the article mentions events happening as far back as YE 29.
  • What kind of starships does this corporation have? The article mentions them, but doesn't detail what they are.
  • I'm assuming this corporation only has a single shipyard?

I agree with Frost. I would like to see the history start in YE 40. The current history doesn't really say where they were and what they were doing anyway, and in the times specified it was basically only Yamatai and Nepleslia in the RP.

The idea is that they were on unspecified colony worlds out in the west, making use of the unspecified aliens rule (but, being humans).

The history is just them scraping by doing whatever mercenary work they can until the present day when they can start up a small company.

That’s a little bit silly though. We allow for offscreen stuff to exsist for aliens but humans can’t come from areas off screen?

Human colonies can be discovered in the RP but it's not related to the random alien rule.

The About section is just the template's sentences about what to put there.

Facilities section needs complete sentences.

Structure header needs text before the next header.

There are still a few formatting and grammar issues.

My main concern is that they still say they were formed in YE 20.

I ran a spell check on the article, and changed the text at the top to be 'officially formed in YE 40'. Are there any further grammar issues I missed?

This review is for: Scarecrows PMC with URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:scarecrows

The submitted article is/has…
[✓] A very high level of overall quality
[✓] A general topic sentence under the title header
[✓] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)
[✓] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[✓] In the proper format/template
[✓] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[✓] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[✓] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[✓] No red and/or broken links
[✓] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[✓] Reasonably neutral point of view
The submitted article is/does not…
[✓] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[✓] Obtusely redundant
[✓] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[✓] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[✓] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[✓] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[✓] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[✓] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[✓] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[✓] Lacking Detail
[✓] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)
The article has…
[n/a] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[n/a] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[n/a] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[n/a] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back