• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Scheduled Maintenance Wednesday (Completed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forums will be closed on 26 August for an SQL server move. This affects our forum database. To protect your post data, I will need to disable the forums during the move until it is completed. The rest of the site (the wiki) will operate normally. Below you can find the notice sent to us by our webhost:

Our technical operations team is constantly working to improve our services. As part of these improvements, we will be moving your MySQL VPS to a new location while upgrading the MySQL version to 5.6. This migration will take place this Wednesday, the 26th of August, starting at 10AM PDT. Migrating the databases from their current location will take all day to complete, however you will only experience 5 to 20 minutes of downtime when your VPS is actually moved. During this maintenance, please try not to make any updates to your site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Well at least I can still Wiki, have many projects I need to make some progress on.

The wiki always beckons with its soothing and alluring call. You can't resist its decadent temptation, the way it caresses you like a lover in the night. >.>

No? No one else gets that feeling?

Thanks, Fixed.

Hello everyone! The move has gone smoothly and the forums are now back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…