• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Secretly Not a Love Letter

Miko

🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
To: Aelya Caeyara

To the one that got away,

I hope this letter finds you well. Should you get past the from in the letter head I wanted to take a moment and write to you. While it has only been a short while I felt compelled to reach out. I'd prefer to have done this in person and plan to do so at the first possible moment. First order of business, I am sorry, truly sorry for my ego to cloud my vision of what was in front of me. I do not picture there being enough "I told you so" in the universe to indicate the magnitude of failure of this scale for my actions. I make no excuses, we had something truly special.

While we may never see each other again I wanted it to be known that you will always hold a special place in my heart. That when in need I shall come for you without a second thought. I can only hope that there might still be a faint flicker of love that still burns in your heart.

I wish for you to have a wonderful day and hope to hear back.

tl/dr I f*cked up, will you take me back?

PS. Aelya > Empress, XOXO

To: Alastair Belmont

Alastair,

As I sit here waiting for my beloved brother's return I cannot help but to wonder. Where was this testicular fortitude months ago? Your letter found me in the midst of mourning for a child that no longer is of this world. Which I am certain you were not aware of, as you did not deign it worthy of your time to bother inquiring last time we did meet in person. While you may have preferred to have this conversation in person the time for such pleasantries has long since passed. You may not have moved on, but I no longer wish to pursue a life not meant for me. What we had was not business, far from it. It was the one chance I had dared to hope for a life of my own outside everything I have known. The universe cannot comprehend such anguish as that I have felt for the loss of what could have been.

It is for the best for your future that you forget I existed. Waste not false hope on anything that whispers of imagination might tempt you with. I will not need you, I do not want you, and I will move to erase such times from my existence. There is nothing left in my hearts for you as the fire that once burned within is now ice.

Alastair had prepared his notes prior to heading to the armor bay. He noticed that he had mail waiting and figured why not a quick read. He sat down and seen who it was from. A smile formed across his face.

To: Aelya Caeyara

Aelya,

For a change I am thinking with the head on my shoulders instead of the one in my pants. I am sorry to hear that a child had been lost. I too have seen many young people parish far too young. In my haste to do right by you I missed the signs that there was more going on. I should have been there for you in your most trying time. I allowed my call of duty to cloud my vision. A mistake that I shall ensure does not repeat.

Asking that I forget you exist is like asking the sun not to rise in the morning. I shall not forget and will bask in the light of the morning each day knowing you do exist. I am saddened to hear what was once a fire has now turned to ice. I shall embrace the burn of frostbite. For with the cold, snow and ice comes an unspeakable beauty. A perfection which can only be described as breath taking.

I am not asking to be forgiven, only to be given a second chance. What started as a culture exchange had turned into so much more. Let us punish the universe together and show it why not to mess with chaos and have it bring untold anguish to you.

Your Puddin
Alastair

To: Alastair Belmont

Not my anything,

Surely we both have seen lives ended far too early in their journey. However, with it being our daughter, things hit much differently when she was lost. I do not expect you, nor do I want you to be there for me in the future. There will be no chance for a repeat between us, either with relationship or with child.

You shall not embrace what is not yours to do so as I now belong to no one. I can only hope that you understand given the circumstances that not all things are granted a second chance. For if I was to lay myself vulnerable to someone who has so thoroughly broken me would be as if to lose all sense. We do not belong together as the past has proven. Whatever you choose to do in life, let it be without me as I am destined to be alone.

Not your anything,

Aelya

RPG-D RPGfix
Back