• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Character [Section 6] L.J Serange, Creator of The Clockworks

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have no problem with the character or concept, but I think trying to backdoor in a whole subfaction/species/whatever with a character app that just needs GM approval is going a bit too far. I think there might also be a problem with backdating stuff in this manner.

I mean no offense whatsoever to @BMan142 - you weren't around for it, so you couldn't have possibly known - but, well, this is almost exactly how the Vekimen initially entered the setting.

Perhaps a solution would be to remove the last line in the History section? That way, there wouldn't be anything being backdated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the clockworks were ever approved. This would shoehorn an entire species/faction in by proxy.

As far as I was concerned when reading over the page, this is the creator, though agreed why you would think that. Namely the rule of "don't mention things happening IC before they happen" floating about somewhere - though don't be mistaken. I don't think neither myself nor Jack Pine would let just a blatant shoe-horning slide.

Me less, considering the work I put in for both the Tsumi and Gunja.

Yeah, if he's just a scientist/engineer that will, later in the RP, create an experiment that will, even later in the RP, attempt to become a faction (after going through the proper application process) then that's totally fine.

But sliding in a mention of an unapproved species/faction and backdating it to say it's already been around for a while definitely isn't great, for a simple character approval.

The Clockwork aren't listed as unapproved, even though they've never even been submitted. I don't know if this was intentional, but it LOOKS veeeery sneaky.

Alex trust me when i say this, bman is not doing that intentionally, whats more likely to be happening is that similar to how i have operated he's just going one step at a time making stuff for them so everyone just cool your jets and have some patience, no one even waited for an explanation.

Not everyone who comes to the site is trying to bust in the doors with their very own OC by any means necessary, that being said maybe its a good idea to submit this guy with the faction, I'll probably talk to him during the day anyway.

Alright everyone, so i didn't mean to start an uproar so i'll explain what i was doing. What i intended with L.J was as a starting point for the clockworks, as i did not feel comfortable with any other forms of history for The Clockworks. I submitted him now to ensure that when i submitted The Clockworks everything was in order. I will request that a gm/fm moves this to the abandoned category and i will change and update The Clockworks to fit a slightly different style, so that L.J is not required.

I get that it might not be intentional, but because the Clockwork haven't been invented yet, they probably shouldn't be mentioned on the page since it hasn't happened. It's reasonable to have him do experiments later in RP to create *a* clockwork and maybe even later they go and form their own faction, but a character's purpose is to be a character which you play, so it'd have to happen in RP.

Actually this character is just an element of the faction and serves a historical purpose. As Bman already said he'll take them down for now till the rest is ready for submission, and I've already discussed with @Jack Pine about the clockworks having been present in the S6 territory before they arrived, and for the moment he's said that's fine but everything is still in the works.

There's just been a little miscommunication about the whole thing, but for now he's asked for the character to be abandoned till a later date so I don't see any reason to continue this.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back