Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Sector Searchers] Mission 1

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex Hart
  • Start date Start date
"The Ship"

A woman broke down and gripped at the dead man's arm. "NOOOOO! Aric!" She wailed in despair, and turned to Evee, who was covered completely by the intimidating power armor she wore. The woman ran over to Evee and began to bang her fists against the armor's chest.

"Damn you..." The woman whimpered, "Why couldn't you have been faster???"

A man walked over and placed his hand on the woman's shoulder, giving it a squeeze, "Kariin, it isn't their fault. They did the best they could under the circumstances." The woman simply turned away from Evee and began to cry into the man's arms. As the woman sobbed, the man patted her on the back in an attempt to comfort her.

Space space space! I'm in spaaaaace!

As Alex gripped the now melted face of the pirate's mecha, he wondered at the voice of the pilot. "Listen, little miss, I'm really hoping not to hurt yo-" He was cut off midsentence by the Pirate who yelled at him.

"Did you just call me little?!?!?!?" She screamed in anger and lashed out at Alex, causing him to reel back and lose his grip on her. The following onslaught of attacks was ferocious and skillful, as if someone of Alex's potential or skill was making them. It was all Alex could do to keep on the defensive as he blocked attack after attack with his arms and they were cut into.

Alex began to dodge desperately, attack after attack coming within a hair of hitting his cockpit. "Why won't you just sit still and DIEEEEE!?!?!?" The pirate screamed. As she did so Alex saw an opening for a brief moment, and took it. He rammed his fist into the torso of the enemy mecha, not enough to kill hopefully, but enough to cause the pilot inside to be buffeted around.

A cough was heard over the radio and what sounded like blood being spit out. Alex cleaved the sword arm off with his fist in the shape of a blade, and pulled back, he himself in terrible pain because of the feedback from his mecha. The pirate began to withdraw speedily, clearly injured and in pain like Alex was, and soon docked with the cargo ship that seemed to belong to the pirates.

A video communication was sent out to Alex and the Araxie, showing a little girl with blood running down her temples and a fierce expression on her face. "Damn you..." She growled, "You haven't seen the last of Anabelle Killigrew, pirate queen!"

ISS Araxie
The somewhat confused female Elysian sighed to herself, relaxing in the bridge as the "Pirate Queen" retreated. Araxie pulled the Araxie up to the damaged Leftovers starships idly as she communicated with her boyfriend, "Try to get on board before you faint or something, please. We'll figure out what's going on with her from inside." The hummingbirb frowned again when the small not-really-a-child shoved her bleeding face onto the display, before sending a neutralish, but somewhat lawful, response: "You should attempt to reconsider your choices. Failing that... Get a back-up voice synthesizer or something."

"The Ship"
Evee was stuck to the ground, she was too emotionally distraught to move. Evee started trembling and she felt very hot. In Evee's eyes she had ruined somebody else's life, she could have been faster, if she had been entirely focused on this mission. It was her fault Evee made clear to herself. She broke out into an intense sob; out of pure disappointment in herself (and embarrassment) Evee blindly stumbled out of the room. She laid curled up in a hallway nearby.

It wasn't long though until Evee was reminded of the mission. Loud alarms filled the hallway with a loud obnoxious sound. "Oxygen levels low!", repeated the ship's AI throughout the ship. At the same time smoke started to fill the roof of the hallway. Panic was audible through the walls, the crew was very frightened, and for good reason. The smoke along with the strobing alarm lights was very disorientating and blinding. A blaring fire-alarm added to the chaos. "Fire detected in life-support!", repeated the ship.

Evee got back onto her feet, she needed to act immediately unless she wanted to cause more lives to be lost. This could be her chance to save many more. She set her past situation behind her and concentrated on this one. She could be a hero after-all, but she must work quick.

Evee ran into the smoke, not knowing what to expect.

Last edited:
"The Ship"

As Evee dashed into the smoke, fire and carnage, several crew members dashed out. One man grabbed her arm and shook it, despite her faceless visage because of the armor. "Freidric is still in there, trying to put out the fire! Please, you have to get him out!" If Evee didn't get there soon the man would die, either from burns or smoke inhalation.

As soon as Evee arrived, she would find the man, fire extinguisher in hand, fruitlessly battling the flames as the fire licked at his jumpsuit. By virtue of the worksuit's fire retardant nature he was still mostly unharmed, but that would change soon.

ISS Araxie

Alex coasted in for a landing, transforming on the way it, his wings tattered, hull scored with scorch marks and gashes in his armor plating. He managed to pull off a landing without incident, but when he got out there was a strange expression of pain on his face, as well as blood running down his face from his forehead, where his helmet had bitten into it. He looked at his craft, and sat for a moment, and then slumped, spread eagle, to the hangar deck.

ISS Araxie
Bridge

The staship's helmswoman-slash-gunner-slash-executive-officer groaned loudly as she saw Alex stumble out of his mecha. Standing up, she made for the mecha bay as she sent a command to the AI- "Marie, see if you can help with repairs, and keep an eye out if those assholes come back please. I'll take care of Alex."

Mecha Bay
Serai burst into the room with a small first-aid kit in her hands, almost immediately kneeling beside Alex to check for if he was breathing; if he was she checked his heart rate before starting to apply anti-infectant chemicals to the visible head wound and starting to wrap it carefully and tightly in layers of gauze, holding it steady and mostly still with some clever motions. "You really need to be more careful..." She talked to herself and him, giving him a kiss on the lips softly after she had finished using a fair amount of the gauze.

Evee charged into the flames and towards Freidric. It felt weird walking through the fire, and being unharmed. Evee was close to the man when the flames started to jump onto his suit. Out of desperation Freidric began smothering out the flames in the immediate area with materials from the debris hanging from the roof. Evee made it to the man but now she was unsure how to get Freidric out. Even if she were to carry him on her shoulders the flames would burn at least the lower half of his body. The blaze was getting very tall and very hot, giving anybody trapped inside the effected area only seconds more to live, if nothing was done. Evee thought quick and a solution came to mind. Upon impact it seemed like the ship's fire suppression system had been pinched in a line above. She tore a long jagged piece of metal from the roof and started jabbing it into a pipe overhead. "What are you doing!?", Freidric doubted. "Just- a- few- more- hits", insisted Evee, BLAM! The pressurized foam violently sprayed into the room. Evee pulled out her plasma pistol and shot the pipe multiple times, in different locations. Why didn't she do that instead...? Oh, well, effective anyways. Foam coated everything, it looked like the room had been hit by a huge snow storm. Somehow it had managed to coat the walls and roof. It was kind-of comedic, the foam now whipping out of the multiple punctures in the main, splattering on the ground. What a mess. Huge globs dripped from the roof as the last of the foam left the system. The fire was gone, but the room was still dangerously devoid of clean air. Freidric was suffering, maybe from the heat, lack of oxygen, smoke, or worse, all three...

Freidric was going to die if he didn't get clean, cool air. Evee rushed him out of the room and to the Medic onboard.

The medic began to treat the man. After Freidric was stabilized and his burns had been treated the medic turned to Evee. "Thank you. If you hadn't been here, our whole ship might have gone up in flames."

"The Smokey Ship"

Evee was preparing to repair the ship when the Doctor approached her. Evee nodded at the Doctor in great happiness and thankfulness. She was relieved that she was successful at quenching the flames. "I am so glad I could make a difference! But it is not over, I must fix your ship's hull", she replied. "Lets assemble your team here", she added. After a brief group-up Evee along with any mechanics on-board headed towards the charred rooms, her job was to fix the outer hull while the ship's crew attended to the damaged (interior) systems. (If they had the skills to do so.) The team gathered in the room adjacent to the life support and discussed a plan.

We didn't start the fire (and I can't think of a way to make SARP lyrics for the rest)

Aboard the shouldering ship the team of mechanics came up with a fair division of labor, and after an hour or two the ship was travel-worthy again. The captain of the ship Evee was on shook her hand rigorously, and asked "Thank you for all your help! Is there anything we can do to help you? Repairs to your ship? Supplies?"

ISS Araxie

Back on the Araxie Alex woke up after a short rest in a makeshift medical cot. He approached the bridge and asked Araxie "What's the status of the salvager flee-"

He was cut off as pain pierced his chest, feeling like a hot knife was being twisted around in it. He coughed and brought his hand up to his mouth reflexively. When he pulled it away, it was wet and red.

ISS Araxie

"Alright you, you have to sit down and sleep for a while. You're coughing up blood, Alex. Whatever you want to say in defense, I don't care, because that isn't good. I will bind you to the bed if you try to keep going." The cobalt-winged female sighed as she gently-but with little room for argument-manipulated her boyfriend back onto the cot. A head injury, sure. The medical kits had instructions for that. But nothing in there indicated how she would fix internal bleeding...

"Queen, where's the nearest habitable planet with an up-to-date medical facility?"

A wireless message interrupted Evee in her repair work and congratulations, "Oi Evee. Alex is hurt, badly. You have five minutes before we're pulling away for some proper medical assistance... Even if we have to go to Yamatai." She practically hissed the last few words.

Evee was finishing her conversation with the captain when she received the transmission. She politely excused herself and replied to the bird, "Okay, reporting back to the Araxie." She worried, how bad were Alex's injuries? "Sorry, but I must return to my crew, a medical emergency has popped-up...", she explained to her new friends. She continued, "It sounds like it requires professional attention."

Last edited:
I need healing

Alex mumbled incoherently on the cot, tossing and turning and occasionally coughing some more.

As Araxie asked the ship's AI the question it paused for a moment before answering.

"The Koukotsu system is nearby."

Evee boarded the Araxie, making a last minute arrival. she had all of her tools on her, she double checked of course, but did it hastily. She didn't even bother to take off her power-armor, Leaving her tools near the bay Evee immediately rushed towards the Bridge in search of her crew. She wanted to talk to Araxie but more importantly Evee wanted to make sure Alex was okay. Is anyone even on the bridge?, questioned Evee (mentally) ... or are they elsewhere in the ship? Evee entered the bridge.

"Ah, yes, that binary one." Serai stood up carefully, making sure Alex remained somewhat still on the cot. Never liked these damn Yamataians... But they have great medical tech. Thoughts bounced about the hummingbirb's head rapidly as she cooly entered the bridge, eyes locking onto Evee.

"Alex is down in the hold for now, on a cot. I've done the best I could... Do you know anything about medicine or healing people? No?" Araxie dropped into her command chair, plotting a course for the Neko-infested world. "Probably not you're more of a technician and once never heard of someone who understood machines AND living bodies on a system level. Just... Go down and make sure he stays as still as possible and doesn't die m'kay? I'm setting a course to some actual experts, proper doctors I guess."

"Yes Araxie", replied Evee. She headed for the door and paused for a moment, then she proceeded to exit the room. Did she want to say something? ,Evee had forgotten... Evee descended to the hold in order to watch over Alex. ...A few moments later she was in the room, sitting beside Alex.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back