• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Semiautomatic power armor beam weapon?

SaltedFish

Inactive Member
I was reading over the description of the Lamia M1 Power Armor:

Description of the M1 Power Armor said:
WickedArms Corporation WA-03 Scalar Pulse Cannon: (blahblahblah)
Purpose: Anti-Personnel
Damage: Destroys ammo, fuel, or electronics. Kills animals. Ignores non-gravitic shields.
Range: 200,000 miles
Rate of Fire:
Semiautomatic beam fires so long as trigger is depressed
Payload: Unlimited

the gun fanatic in me died. -_-

I had to read it about 3 times before I got what you meant. A semi-automatic gun fires once each time you pull the trigger. But an energy weapon doesn't need to 'fire', it can be shooting continuously. I think he just used the word semiautomatic to communicate that it shot in pulses of energy rather than a continuous beam

No no... the weapon fires as long as it's depressed. That means that you have to press the trigger for the weapon ~not~ to fire! XD

Edit : I fail at english. Nevermind.

Because an continuous beam is one shot (of indeterminate duration), I consider it semi-automatic. Pulses, on the other hand, are considered automatic.

Wes said:
Because an continuous beam is one shot (of indeterminate duration), I consider it semi-autmoatic. Pulses, on the other hand, are considered automatic.

Riiight... ._O

*brains squeals in pain as this new idea is assimilated*

Okay. Nevermind then.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back