• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Senate: Misc Senate meet - Road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxanne sat down next to her, smirking. "See, if you had a drink, you wouldn't have that anxiety. It'd be a lovely flight. And what's wrong with a little drunken snuggling? I've been told I'm built for it."

Maysaki elbowed Roxxy playfully after sitting right next to her. "Based on rumors you tend to use a whip. Nasty scars and stuff, Eh?" She grinned teasingly, dropping the subject which she dreaded just as quickly as she brought it up.

Speaking of which, the shuttle's meager intercom crackled a little as the receiver was brought to one of the pilot's lips: The less Yammie one. "Alrighty then! I will be your Captain today, so just call me Cappy McCaptain. And the other one here Bob." There was a sound which seemed to be the sound of a smack. "'Ey, cool it... Bob. Anywho... We'll be goin' up in two minutes... I didn't check how long it'll take to get there, being a dunce and all, but it shouldn't take too long. Safety regulations say that you gotta sit down for the ammo- " Atmosphere "- trip... And its recommended you stay seated, although I really don't care as long as you don't come and bother me. Um... Thats it. Oh! You lot didn't give us any kisses. So cheap. Tsk." The receiver seemed to be forced from the man and it went silent again. The two pilots, though, could be heard chuckling to each other.

Roxanne appeared hurt — she wasn't a fan of whips — but she played along, until she heard the captain.

"Kisses? I'll kiss him if he gets us there quickly and in one piece," she said to the taller woman next to her.

Maysaki stiffened a little at the thought of it NOT being a one piece journey. Although she just gave Roxxy a light elbow. "Shush..." She spoke a little mellowly, not sure where to go at further.

"I have a feeling that you'd have better luck saying you'd show off some crotch cotton... Although don't..." She didn't think Roxxy would, but one must make sure. "... Your hair really is silly looking..."

"... Right. It looks horrible on you Roxxy. Someone will laugh at you." Maysaki grinned lightly, but stiffened when the rear door suddenly closed up and the shuttle suddenly pushed upwards, sending the passengers downwards a little.

Not to long after the shuttle shook a bit as it cut through the atmosphere, and the journey was on.

... And not to long after, it was over. The shuttle docked to the station via the side instead of landing in a bay or such. "Now shoo... We aren't late, but it was getting close. Chop chop. I was told people will take your stuff to your temporary rooms... But you might not stay anyway."

Maysaki, shaking a little, quickly hopped up from the seat and half-ran half-attempted-to-look-like-she-was-walking out of the shuttle and into the station. She almost forgot her bag in the escape.

(Kay, go.)

As one of the nameless, faceless security guards, Joey didn't much feel like he was in a position to do much of anything but follow the rest of his detail and watch - CAREFULLY - for any nut-jobs who decided that they wanted to die today and wanted to take one of the Senators with them. Still, with all the strange goings-on, especially the two perverted Ittou Heis' crude attempt at a joke, he almost felt tempted to do something exhibitory himself. In the end, though, his inhibitions and his commitment to his duties forced him to shrug off the urge to do anything stupid; this Senate hearing would be a crucial convergence of a great many people from far and wide across the galaxy, and he didn't feel like endangering the chances Yamatai had to establish friendly ties with the other delegates by acting out-of-line.

As the shuttle took off, Joey was reminded of his first out-of-orbit experience: the shuttle he had flown on as he departed from his home on Yamatai to the YSS Celia, where he had been stationed prior to the call for the Senate hearing. He remembered the exhiliration, the vertigo, and the sudden urge to let his lunch jump ship all too well and was forced to relive them as the shuttle left and re-entered the atmosphere, bringing the group ever closer to their destination. Somehow, though, the newly-appointed Ittou Hei managed to hold himself together this time; the ship docked without a hitch, and its egress hatch opened outward, allowing its passengers to disembark.

Trying not to act too hastily, Joey stood up with the others on his detail and prepared to leave their shuttle. He watched as one of the Senators hurried past him and power-walked down the egress ramp, her carry-on left behind in her rush. Joey picked up the forgotten bag, careful not to disturb its contents, and took it with him, planning to return it to its rightful owner upon his own departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…