• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Yamatai News (YINN) Senator Honours The Fallen

The news cameras gather around the figure of Senator Iemochi, speaking from Fort Hikari on his electoral seat of Virginia. He is clad in his formal Star Army attire. Behind him is a large grey silk sheet covering a statue of some kind. He stands at the podium bearing his system's flag and looks out to the small audience of news cameras. An honour guard of Nekos flanked the hidden object, seeming to be a planetary militia of some kind. A couple of other Star Army officers stood nearby, most notably Shosho Chinchu Rhikiya.

The Senator began, taking his position and flipping open a file upon the podium. "Good morning everyone, I trust the journey wasn't too far for anyone." A smattering of chuckles swept through those assembled. The fiery-winged Elysian glanced down at his notes and then grinned as he looked out once more.

After a moment of silence, Seinosuke began. "I'm here to unveil something that I've had in commission for a long time. One of the great artists of Virginia, retired Chusa Jijui Irokei, has been working on this piece for a number of months now."

"Eight months ago, a storied battle took place towards the end of the Kuvexian War that ravaged many nations." Mochi began, leaning gently on the podium with both hands.

"We often talk about the war in various retrospects. Some see it as a catastrophe. Some as a moment of liberation. Others as a valiant defence of our values."

"All too often we forget that the final battle - Glimmergold - was a joint effort. A shining example of multilateral cooperation between the nations of this universe we all share."

"It was only by the grace and cooperation with the Essai civilisation that the alliance was able to engage with Glimmergold, and we would have been unable to win the battle under our own strength alone."

"The Star Armies of Yamatai and Uesureya, the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, the New Dusk Conclave and the Kingdom of Neshaten all had to join in a grand and final alliance to win the war and return us all to peace."

"Some nations are too little talked about for their effort in the Battle and War as a whole. The New Dusk Conclave, for example, lost a staggering amount. In Glimmergold alone, out of 164 ships, only 49 even made it home. They suffered a heartbreaking 70% fatality rate that day - their people know it quite rightly as 'Black Dusk Day'."

Mochi paused, giving that a long second to hit home before continuing. "Virginia is a planet of veterans and servicepeople. The orange and white of our flag symbolise unity and a drive to push on. Many of its citizens have known conflict and the loss of comrades, friends and loved ones. I myself am among them."

Mochi shook his head, remembering a certain SOFT raid, pressing on. "In spirit of remembering all those who died in Glimmergold and the Kuvexian War, I'd like to unveil this memorial."

With a wave of his hand, forces unseen pulled back the cover to reveal a grand statue measuring at least 10 feet high and 20 feet across. It was made of black, well polished stone. Upon it, soldiers from all of the mentioned nations could be seen fighting valiantly against Kuvexian and L'Kor opponents.

The memorial would shift entirely every minute or so, depicting a brand new scene of some battle from the war. It was certainly a masterpiece, each depiction rendered in astonishing detail and all inspiring. One could guess there were a great number of such variations that the artist had given it.

The Senator continued, after the chattering of the small crowd had died down. "This shall be dedicated as the Joined Hands Memorial, in memory of Glimmergold, Nataria and the countless other conflicts that all allied nations of the Kuvexian War fought in."

"In addition, building will commence of a Joined Hands Center on the grounds of Fort Hikari, which will serve as the new home of the Star Army Exchange Programme. It will be state of the art and our hope is that the budding new recruits of Fort Hikari will be inspired by this memorial and our allies on-site towards closer relations and greater appreciation of our shared histories."

"It has been my pleasure to arrange and reveal this to you today. I hope that the spirit of cooperation long endures within our hearts in this great nation and within our friends abroad. Thank you."

Senator Iemochi closed his notes and tucked them under one arm, departing the podium and exited into a nearby building, saluting a few soldiers as he passed by.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back