• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check Service to the Free State Plot

Sigma

Inactive Member
I'm back and I'm re-booting 4th Fleet and the Freespacers. Things will be very different, however, since both the Spacers and Neps must vie for the limelight in my new plot.

For those of you who don't know, the Free State is a protectorate of the Imperium of Nepleslia. But that's only in a literal sense. Nepleslia protects them with its military forces but the Freespacers are not bound to provide tithe or tribute to Nepleslia, though many individuals volunteer to help them. Most Spacers occupy three areas: the Blue Rift expanse which is so remote and dangerous, Nepleslia doesn't try to patrol it; and the systems of Null & Void and Port Hope. These two are where our story will take place as both are excellent places for pirates (and other undesirables) to use as raiding points and bases.

The Spacers, given their general tradition of pacifism, do not have a standing military but have increasingly had to deal with armed camps springing up all over the galaxy. Now they have begun towards limited military cooperation with the Nepleslians, providing sentient patrol vessels to aid Nepleslian Marine boarding teams and training Free Spacers as border guards. But this doesn't sit well with everyone because true pacifism abhors the use of violence in any regard.

Here's where the plot comes in - Players can be Nepleslian military personnel or Free Spacer trainees in the same boarding team. We will be using Power Armor and Golems for the Neps and Golems for Spacers who need them. Some spacers are entirely able to survive without pressurized suits due to mechanical body or other enhancements. Spacer equipment is far less uniform than Nepleslian military standards. :D

Players will be riding one of those new sentient patrol ships I mentioned. They'll be in a shuttle attached to the warship and detached when ready to board. Not all boarding missions will be boarding missions. Some may take place on space stations or barren asteroids. Others may be acting as bodyguards for a VIP transiting. We will be fleshing out what duties peace time Marines in Nepleslia have when not threatened by genocidal squids or cats or any other animal you care to name.

Roles:

Nepleslia
Marines
Navy Personnel who might have a role in a boarding party
IPG - Could always use an IPG spook as a liaison or an undercover operative investigating something or what have you

Free State
Anything that you can justify being part of a boarding team.
Border Guards in training
Representative to witness, evaluate and learn Marine skills and methods
A curious Spacer who wants to make a documentary on the Marines
A Spacer who is attached as liaison to provide data for the Marines

I am hoping to be ready to launch the plot on Friday so if you're interested, please let me know here or via PM. I do not think I'll be launching on Friday but everything should be in place by then, barring character profiles.

Join Nepleslia, see the galaxy, meet new and interesting species, kill them with new and interesting weapons if they bite!

So far, I've had a strong commitment from MoonMan, tentative commitments from 2 players, perhaps a 3rd.

Status UPDATE!!!

Thus far: I have Kampfer, MoonMan, and Moogle, committed to the plot. I also have three other players (one of whom only contacted me today about this) who are interested but on the fence. All that is remaining is for Moogle's character to pass the approval process before I can launch.

We are now at 5 committed players and awaiting one to post the character for approval. Still have 2 on the fence about joining. Am waiting to get a forum for our usage.

Please start the first IC thread in Open RP.

SFS is moving ahead. All relevant parties have received a PM with my current plans. If you did not receive a PM, please let me know and I will add you to the list.

Add me in, now that I'm back. It'll take me a day or two to get into the swing of things, but I'll join with Max.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back