• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character [Setareh Wing] Thao Tuyet

Can you detail that the horns are that color because of somatic tuning.

"cybernetic enhancements" Cybernetics aren't compatible with Iroma so this is a bit misleading, even though you linked enhancements compatible with Iroma right afterwards.

I don't think she could have military-grade enhancements done ("Mental capacity was increased...").

(So-KM1-1A Graiv VAHIN) I don't think she can have a military-grade VANDR. A Civ Erla is what she'd likely have.

"...ideas of of VANDR..." (Delete extra of)

"... standard native Iroma tongue." (Saalsari)

"Cyborg hygiene stuff" (Cyborg may be the wrong word.)

I'd probably include some prajna. It's a miracle drug/ ointment. Good for symbiotes.

I like her a lot, though, despite all of the changes I'm requesting! ^-^

Some fair points. I'll change things, but just for some reasoning;

• I wasn't actually sure what color the horns were supposed to be. If it mentions in the species article, I must have missed it...
  • Aside from being of organoid construction, I wasn't really sure what the difference was either, mechanically speaking. But I don't mind changing the terminology anyway.
  • Not completely tied to the brain modification thing. It was supposed to be a more minor version anyway. I'll just remove it.
  • I actually chose the VAHIN because it's a quarter the size of all the other VANDR, if you look at the specs... And, I mean, it's a Solan Starworks design in the first place. I don't mind changing it, but wouldn't carrying an entire extra VANDR around with just radio equipment on it take up pointlessly loads of room?... The basic idea was just to have somebody else on the team drop them off when they needed some hacking/ground-based C&C done, but the rest of the time, Thao would just remain on the ship.
  • Everything else is fair enough. I'll get to changing it.

Changes are done!

I actually just removed the mecha, since I realized that Nanise Elisara has a spare seat. If it comes to it, I can always just have her build one during the plot, too.

Thanks for being patient, Ame. I realize my knowledge of this race is still pretty naff.

Just chiming in about the symbiotics of the Iroma. Pretty much the key difference is that the symbiotics are organic. Even when they're a 'device' and look mechanical, they're actually living organisms. This means that they can get past metal detectors, but it also means it needs to 'eat' so it means the host has to either give it some kind of compressed biomass, or take in more nutrients themselves to accommodate it, a literal battery wouldn't work.

As for the type you link to on your sheet, extend types attach to the signature 'entry ports' of an Iroma, making it easy to attach and detach them, as well as control them. They're similar to modular gear on a power armor. This makes them good for situational or simple equipment, but they're less precise than the barnacle type, which directly attaches into the nervous system and such via tendrils, so still removable, but would require a minor operation. The other type of external mod would be a Coralian, but they can't produce those arms so that's not really relevant.

PS: I like the looks of the character.

She bathes in prajna lol

I love the concept and character. I would love for her to have her own VANDR, though, as Nanise provides a perspective far from the actual fighting to get wide-angle camera shots (and her player is an infrequent poster, so relying on them to be a part of the plot may slow you down a bit).

Approved, with or without a Civ Erla VANDR!

@Syaoran ; The arms are supposed to be removable, with wires that interleave into her spine ports, making them indeed the Extend-y type. The magnetic 'control unit' on her forehead is the Barnicle type, though.... Guess I could have made that a little clearer, but wasn't sure how to do that without dedicating a whole section to it?... Thank you for clearing up the organic/mechanical distinction, though...

I've basically just been going off "it's like Metatron from Zone Of The Enders" until I actually have the chance to read everything. :D

@Ametheliana ; Yeah, it's okay, I'll just have them build something neat during the plot then. Maybe in a JP or something.

As always, thank you for the super fast in-depth response! Picking up on the mistakes makes for a better plot in the long run, so I totally dig the effort you put in!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back