• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Shinjiyuu Star System Revamp

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
Submission Type: Star System Remake
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:shinjiyuu

Faction: Nepleslia/NJFA
FM Approved Yet? (Yes/No; Who, When): Approved via Discord
Faction requires art? (Yes/No): Such pretty art it has.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? (Yes/No): Nope
Contains New art? (Yes/No): Nope
Previously Submitted? (Yes/No; explain reason if rejected): This article will be replacing the existing Shinjiyuu article.

Notes: Due to the lack of detail and unrealistic nature of the existing article ( https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=system:shinjiyuu ) I've concocting a replacement to set the standard that all Nep star systems will hopefully be up to in the near future as well as remove the habit of making a planetary article and sticking it in the system nameplace.

The approved (canon) version of the system article is this one: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=system:shinjiyuu&rev=1421787024

The changes Arieg has suggested are drastic and essentially would take this system out of Nepleslian control. Therefore they should only be allowed with Gunhand's consent.

Hard Canon
Things are considered “hard canon” if they have an approved wiki article that is based on events in the roleplay. They are part of the universe's continuity (e.g. the series of events that make up the timeline). For example, the history of the YSS Eucharis or the The Freespacer Genocide. Star Army is a long-running roleplay so a lot of our history found on the wiki actually occurred in the RP, making it hard canon. You can tell these type of articles because they often have links in the footnotes to the related roleplaying threads (and we encourage you to do that).

Hard canon should never be changed unless absolutely necessary, as this could invalidate people's RP. Such a retcon can only be approved by the Setting Manager.

Firm Canon
Firm canon consists of content that has been approved as canon on the wiki, but has not actually been featured in the RP. The wiki is considered to be higher level canon than the forum RP because it's the shared space that all forum RPs are based on.

Firm canon can be changed if needed, as there's some flexibility given by the fact that no one has used it yet, but it should only be changed if necessary, because players and GMs might be making plans based on it. Once it's used in RP, it becomes hard canon and should not be changed.
Why would these changes be necessary? There is no IC RP right now to back the existence of the new faction.

I think that's the version that Arieg was talking about as "Sigma's version", Wes. Arieg makes it sound like he just wants to revert the article back to that version instead. This resubmit was approved with FM consent.

The idea was that the "faction" portion was going to be supported as Arieg continued to develop the faction with Gunhand's consent and involvement. With that no longer being the case, there isn't anything stopping the planet from going back to Sigma's version except RP. I want to make sure that RP doesn't exist.

If Arieg only wants his data back and will revert to Sigma's version, I'm cool with that as long as Gunhand is. In that instance, everything returns to pre-submission status and the two part ways.

This is no RP backing the article Doshii. If Arieg wants to scrap the article and revert it that's fine.

I was merely saying that the article was fine as long as the edits I noted were made.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back