• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Ship idea

Samuraipizzaman

Inactive Member
I was scrolling through https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... activities and i saw some thing that caught my eye. It was a Mass cloning Ship idea.
I immediately thought of a troop ship idea i had been using in MRPs on other sites. Basically a flying box that is a Troop Carrier and it focuses on moving troops to enemy planets during space battles. This was this best place in my humble opinion that I could bring this idea to spot light.

Basically what the major problem with a ground battle is the defenses of the enemy are easily used against you and your forced into an offense because you don't have a base of your own. That problem would be eliminated by my proposed Troop Ship. Basically it becomes a HQ on the ground that can defend against most attacks. It also could make Nekovalkyrja or Yamataians quickly and send them into battle. IT would need essentially a internal factory to build mindies, daisies, and armaments for the new soldiers.

Another thing is It would probably be better to have a new Nekovalkyrja made for this kind of strategy. One that has combat memories already implanted, has a faster growth(so you can have combat ready adults in days instead of a month or two(that is if i understand the NH-29 correctly)), smaller, and maybe require little to no food or water. That would be a cost-effective ground pounder. They could also have some anti-bodies against the Mishu eggs and other drugs that the Mishu have been known to use against the SA. This could also offer male bodies that are made for war(because they wouldn't have ovaries that could be inseminated by the Mishu), yet they aren't as good as the Neko because they have an incredibly short life-span (probably 15 years maximum) due to the advance growth and no psionics only a sub-conscious psionic blocker to prevent the Mishu from attacking psionically.

I'm being preposterous i know. These things cannot be rushed or in fact suggested by a neophyte that has only been on here for a few weeks. It's just i wanted to type these ideas before i forgot them.

You can design this yourself, or even design a modification for a pre-existing ship containing gear for this on the interior.

For the troops, a good robot type might satisfy all the requirements you listed. Male nekos are something I'm interested in finding an excuse to implement, though.

For the ship, maybe an updated version of the Sydney? If the new ship design was better, I'd be willing to switch, too. The Sydney is primarily a transport, although it does have the ability to clone troops and make vehicles. The "Mass Cloning Ship" idea I listed was the opposite - primarily a manufacturing ship, it'd be where PCs that died ended up (after being reincarnated from ST backups) and where new Neko PCs started in the RP. It would probably be too large to land and to valuable to use as a fighting warship.

+1 what Fred said about male Neko. If you want the advantages of a Neko, but don't want to play a female, nuts to you, sir. We have enough odd exceptions to that rule as it is.

Quite, Nekos are female. If even that.

Besides, I like the slight... Symbolism, as it were, of Nep's male biological weapons (ID-Sols) and Yam's female biological weapons (Neko).

Regardless, off topic.

Well, I'll throw in my two cents.

1. Agreement with nearly everyone else. Nekos are female except for the very rare and very few exceptions. I kinda think that this is highly relevant to the setting. Anyway now onto what SPM proposed.

2. The ship isn't exactly a new idea, but if it were written up it would be interesting to see. The issue that a ship like that would face however is a massive drain on resources. Mass Producing anything takes resources out the nose and since part of the goal of the war with the NMX was to reduce Yamatai's ability to make anything it wanted as fast as it wanted with no respect to its cost in resources I think the ship would be at a serious disadvantage in a drawn out fight.

Even ignoring the constant production of troops there is still equipping them with weapons and armor, again not a small drain on resources.

On the note of production times for the NH-29, the standard cloning facility can pump them out at a rate of 1 per hour per tube. IF my understanding is correct, they are full adults. The youngling versions are specifically designed and built or come from "natural" reproduction of a NH-29. Also, there are power armors that youngling 29s and in the past NH-12s can pilot (Sylph M4) without problems. In fact these armors were designed with smaller pilots in mind. ((One of my NPC characters Fuse Mai is a former Sylph pilot)) Though currently the Sylph is outdated I can't imagine that the YSE wouldn't keep it updated for that very reason, youngling pilots.

i was thinking on utilizing a robot instead of the male neko idea i had previously, that uses an optional geth/zerg/tyranid-like group mind. Basically the more of them around the more "intelligent" they get. Also they would be about 2-4' tall and weigh only 100 some pounds. They would have built in weapons and minor shielding. and instead of popping out daisies, and mindies the ship makes these (as i have thought to call them) Rapidly Assembled Robotic Infantry. It would cut costs both on building suits for cloned people and guns for those armors and people. The RARI would turn three separate costs/drains into one cost/drain. The RARI would also be able to be piloted by a uploaded mind transfer. There could also be different RARIs designed for each foe encountered. RARIs would be well suited to fight the NMX because the poisons and such would have no effect on them; and the gruesome appearance of the NMX wouldn't effect a robot either. Also since most of the RARIs would only be semi-intelligent(A.I. not S.I.) the psionic powers of the NMX would be only slightly detrimental.[/rant]

Anyway i am working on the ship it is called the Paradigm class. Basically it would be a version of the Sydney that would be capable to produce the RARIs or if RARI idea is no good then it would be a more stream lined and cost effective version.

Instead of Rapidly Assembled Battle-ready Robotic Infantry (RABRI) , might I suggest Rapid Assembly Battle-ready Bionic Infantry (RABBI) or Rapid Assembly Battle-ready Bionic Infantry Troop (RABBIT)?

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=c1 ... op_carrier

I think I'm getting close i just need some second opinions.
929361-mass_effect_86geth_warrior_super.jpg

that is what i want the RABBITs to look like. And yes i know it's a geth from mass effect. I won't use this picture in the Wiki but i want to make something similar.

Yamatai historically doesn't use robots to do its dirty work. Wes would have to approve of this.

If we can make Neko as fast as we can make these robots, and Yamatai still has no qualms about sending sentient beings out like cannon fodder ... kind of suggests this won't go very far.

Sorry I don't have more constructive criticism. I've never been a fan of new players trying to rapidly change the setting.

Actually, Wes, the main OoC reason the nekomachina was never really looked forward to as a legitimate Yamatai-used unit (though I recycled it for the Daughters of Eve) was because it seemed extremely against character of the things you had established before.

Well if you think about it robots would be cheaper then a living being. Because robots don't need to eat, sleep, or drink ever, the current Neko does(once again as far as i know it does). Anyway I'm not trying to replace the Nekos the RABBITs are merely a cheaper method of saturating a planet with troops. Also in-character the Yamatai government wouldn't scrap the Neko's they already have, they wouldn't even slow down their production, the neko is simply too valuable an asset. So the RABBIT or Nekomachina what ever you want to call it is to complement the Nekos and to reinforce the strength of Yamatai.

Tactically and Strategically, I think its unsound to have a vessel that contains mass armament (Robots and Weapons) manufacturing capabilities land where the enemy can possibly capture it and use those very resources against the owning faction.

The ship should have some kind of drop-ship craft as a means of deploying the forces to the battle area. Perhaps with the drop ship being a disposable design, or serving to provide cover fire while the troops deploy from it.

You can have the soldiers, or robots, or whatever for cannon fodder. :)

I'm just aying that it would be bad logictics to risk the manufacturing assets in the battle arena.

Also keep in mind the travel time that SAoY ships would have. Considering even a 'slow' troop transport could reach almost any combat front in less than 30 minutes their really is not a reason for the factory to be on the ship in a warzone. Make it several times bigger and put it on Hoshi no Iori (were it would be safe from any but the most massive fleet attacks) and just shuttle the robots to their destination. Much more efficient.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back