• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei Ship position

Spartan_cloned

Inactive Member
Hello, I'm Spartan_cloned and I have a character named Angela Hitomo, who would like to get the Warrant Officer position as an Operative on your ship. I'm new to role playing so I don't know how post a link directly to her. My contact email is [email protected]. I believe my AIM is the same.

Spartan,

Welcome to the SARP.

First a few things, all characters have to go through a review process. I can find no review for Angela Hitomo, so she is unapproved.

Second all new players/characters start at the Santô Hei rank.

Its great that you want to get started but let's get things taken care of properly so you can start playing.

Please create a post in the New Character Biography forum with a link to the character page, for review.
viewforum.php?f=16

Then after your character is approved, you will need to post a request for orders in this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=374

Well, I had a whole spiel and wonderful amount of information typed up and then Nashoba ninja'd me. Alas.

At any rate, welcome and glad to see someone expressing interest in the Genei. Nashoba's given you the basic steps to getting the ball rolling with your character. One thing that I might suggest before you submit to the approval thread is to flesh out your character's history. You have some great descriptions of her physically, psychologically, and in terms of skills, but you don't have anything under the history section yet. If you have more questions, including about what might make an interesting history, feel free to ask anyone on the boards. We're all quite friendly and willing to help. Also, there is almost always someone in SARP's IRC channel and they will be happy to answer your questions.

Since you mentioned you weren't sure how to link url's and it's rather helpful for posting a character approval thread, I'll step in really quickly. When you are writing up your post, you'll notice that there are a number of boxes under the text field for the subject line, with labels such as "B," "Quote," and, most importantly, "URL." If you click the "URL" button, it will automatically insert the code for the link; all you have to do is enter the url itself.

Alternatively, you can type
Code:
[url=http://www.theurlofwhatever.com]whatever[/url]
This will result in the text, in this case "whatever," being a hyperlink.

Hopefully that makes things clear. Good luck with the approval and here's hoping to see you back here soon.

Hello Spartan_Cloned, I'm Yoroko GM for the plot. I've glanced over your character and it looks interesting. There are some things that need to be fixed up first though and those are generally taken care of in the new character boards. Sean and Nashoba are right about the rank though. In general we try to heavily encourage new players to play Santo-Hei (Soldier 3rd Class) ranked characters. This is done because there is an expectation for players of higher ranked characters to really know the setting and the information contained within. Everyone starts at Santo-Hei usually. For instance my character Shifuda Kuriko started as a Santo Hei and now she is a Joto-Heisho (right before Warrant Officer).

There's a second reason though. The Genei, as you are probably aware, is a SAINT plotship. The captain herself is a relatively low ranking captain (actually the lowest rank possible for a captain I think). I would like players to be lower rank (usually Santo-Hei through Itto-Hei with the latter being a good reason) so that players can easily adjust to the differences that come with a plot focused more around spycraft and less on combat. Send me a PM if you have any questions at all, or feel free to ask them here.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back