• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Should We Refine the Technology Approval Process?

Excuse me, God (Wes), How the F*ck am I suppose to get feedback and thus further improve my work if I am essentially tossing it into oblivion?

The Contributions and Improvements Discussion Forum.

While I know I didn't speak on this earlier, I would like to now.
I can perfectly understand this process for all the ships and massive uber-weapons and power armors that get thrown around on the forums, but I think it's utterly outrageous to try and dump every little drug, hand-held pistol, and all the other tiny little nuances in the setting that will rarely see use on that council.
It's just inefficient and a bit of a waste when the exact same verdict could easily be come to in 1/8 the time using the old forum.
I know this might sound like a complete damnation of the idea of the mystery box, but it's not. I think that the huge ships that were being submitted and causing so much pain and so many tears on the forums definately need a refinement to their review process, which is exactly what the box is.
But, at the same time, a drug that gives your character a bit of a rush shouldn't require careful parsing by 9 different people and a large vote. It should only require the submitter, a moderator, and possibly one or two other members giving their feedback.

Perhaps to avoid ambiguity, we can break them down into the Contribution drawing board and the Contribution submission system.

Uso Tasuki said:
While we are at it, how long is it going to take to get some feedback from the drop box?
FUCKIN' A.
I vote we improve the submission and approval process with an ATOMIC BOMB

Apparently some of us are above others when it comes to submitting items. Luca has had his submission, posted over the weekend, approved while numerous others that have been dropboxed before-hand have either been ignored or thrown into some pile.
Explanation, please?

How about: the evaluation staff are not just a bunch of machines and have half their day dedicated to work and commuting, with a third of the day also being for sleeping, leaving one sixth of a day for other things?

So, yes, some submissions garner more interest than others. Some pass, some fail. If you wish to ask about what progress has been done, simply send a PM to Wes; I'm sure he'll come around to discussing with you the going ons and prod the discussion some if it was stalling.

We look at it. And they'll come out with comments sooner or later. If you feel it takes awhile, ask Wes for a bump so people can give some neglected submissions another look.

Sorry, but we don't have a schedule like "Friday, 8h00 PM EST, create YIM conference and discuss the oldest non-approved topic". We're not that selfless yet. ~_^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back