• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Side] Meeting a Fresh New Face

"I'm off duty remember? No need for bowing, a simple thank you would've worked just as well." Rina said as she sipped from her wine glass once more. Sighing a bit, the Shosho continued. "When I am off duty, I'm not a Shosho, or the Offensive Operations Director. I'm just a simple woman who enjoys the freedoms of well, being off duty."

The waitress bowed, and trotted off again to get the orders filled.

"Oh, yes of course," Faye almost instinctively bowed again, but she was able to control herself. "So... may I ask what you expected what I would be like?" she asked with a little uncertainty in her voice.

"Most people cringe when I look at them, or even speak to them." Rina explained as she sipped on her glass of wine again. The golden colored liquid sloshing in her glass gently. "You however, do not. That is something I like."

Faye cocked her head to the side as she remembered the reactions of every single person they had encountered along the way here. She scratched her left ear in thought, "Well, maybe they do that because you have the power to demote them back down to Santo Hei if they do something that somehow displeases you." The Neko then shrugged as if her own idea was a little foolish.

She then looked at the Shosho seriously, "I, for one, do not have that fear. I am not the sort of person who worries about my rank." The Nito Juni sipped some more of her refreshing water as they waited for their food.

"They do not fear my demoting them. I tend to be rather elusive most of the time due to my job. Add to that my reputation before I became a Shosho. So, rumors spread like wild fire, and fear, awe, and quiet respect have taken root. I speak to them, and they flinch, but they flinch because they are nervous." She placed the glass down and sighed just a little bit.

"Not having fear is either foolish, or brave, both fall hand in hand. Fear may seem like a negative quality, but it is also one that pushes us forward, and onward to something better it drives us. So, while it can be negative, it can be positive as well."

Faye nodded at Rina's statement. "I believe that everything has its pros and cons. Emotions, such as fear, anger, or kindness, can be judged in the same way." She didn't want to get into too much detail as to not bore the Shosho. However, she did say, "I never said that I feared nothing, but I just don't fear you too much." She grinned slightly as she continued, "Maybe because I am naive or have never heard those rumors about you, ma'am."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back