• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Site Speed, Stability Increased via Cloudflare

Status
Not open for further replies.
The server has been being pesky over the last 3 days and I think it may be because some robots are trying to index the site too hard. As a result, I've added Cloudflare CDN services, which will help cache the site and also protect us from DDOS type attacks. These are free but we can upgrade them later if we need to.

As a result of the above, you will probably notice a significant increase in the page load speeds throughout the site.

Definitely helping here. Internet got way worse when I moved, and that just made a HUGE difference in load speeds for me.

Reactions: Wes
Suddenly I can't make new wiki pages
Sorry, I enabled an add-on thinking it would help but it got in the way. The wiki sends a "404" for pages that don't exist (for SEO reasons, so the site doesn't appear to have a bazillion pages that just say "this page doesn't exist") and the feature put a search page up for 404s, preventing the non-existing wiki page from appearing. I've removed the add-on so now things are back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ