Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Size/scale for airlocks, cargo containers, deck height, corridors and ordonnance?

Fred

Retired Staff
Hello SARP,

please help me get up to date? I'd like to know what Yamatai/KFY modernly uses as a standard for its:
  • Airlock sizes
  • Cargo container sizes
  • Torpedo sizes
Is there a standard for doorway/corridor/deck sizes as well? Dancing inbetween articles, I'm not sure... but maybe my search-fu is failing me.

Thank you!

Solution
Here are the current international standards:
So basically that standard round airlock seen on the top of the Racoon T7 and the Yui-class Scout is 3 meters in diameter.

I think on KFY ships, there tends to be 3 meters of usable deckspace and 1 meter of crawlspace for a total of 4 per deck. But individual ships should say.

KFY torpedoes are 0.5 meters in diameter and 2.25 meters long.

Here are the current international standards:
So basically that standard round airlock seen on the top of the Racoon T7 and the Yui-class Scout is 3 meters in diameter.

I think on KFY ships, there tends to be 3 meters of usable deckspace and 1 meter of crawlspace for a total of 4 per deck. But individual ships should say.

KFY torpedoes are 0.5 meters in diameter and 2.25 meters long.

Solution
RPG-D RPGfix
Back