Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character Skyanaris Flight

Sorry for taking so long to see this, I think you did a good job.

I was wondering if perhaps the Elysian Wars should be included in the history since they were major events for most Elysians.

@Kashton1 (UKA)

I sincerely apologize for the delay on this, @Kashton1 (UKA) - here's my review of Skyanaris Flight.
  • Would you mind adding more internal wiki links - Archangel, Elysian-sounding, please? Even something like "Skyanariel" would work. Also, what made him want to change his last name to "Flight[?]"
  • Given what's stated in the Physical Description section, wouldn't it make more sense for him to be able to glide - or even fly - for extended periods of time due to his wingspan?
  • What events/influences/etc. led to his Personality becoming the way it is now? What led him to become such a hard worker?
  • In the History section, would you mind making "Pre-Business History" and "Before that" into proper sub-headers, please?
    • Pre-Business History
      • Why did he receive an inheritance from his father? Did the latter pass away - and if so, from what? Old age? Patricians, remember, tend to live for centuries.
      • What help did he receive from family and friends? Money and supplies?
      • Where did the "shipyard and facility" come from? To the best of my knowledge, the only space-based shipyards Elysia had were the Rampart-class Fortresses - and only one of those (the ECI Aspasia survived the Second Mishhuvurthyar War. Perhaps he instead used the majority of his inheritance to purchase a Sanza-class Shipyard from Geshrinari Shipyards?
      • Where and when did he take the "...crash course which taught the art of business ownership[?]"
    • Before that
  • Would you mind expanding the Social Connections section a bit, please? For instance, what is/was his relationship with his parents - and how old are/were they? What are/were their names? Who are his "inner family" and "inner friendships" - and what is his relationship with them?
  • Skills Learned
    • Would you mind expanding the Communications skill just a tad? The way it's worded now, he's fluent in speaking and comprehending Yamataigo, Trade, and Seraphim - but doesn't know how to read or write it.
    • Business/Management, unfortunately, isn't a character skill area - hence I'd recommend listing it as Knowledge (Business/Management) instead. Also, would you mind expanding upon it a little - as in, another sentence or two?
    • For the remaining skill areas, I'd recommend something along the lines of:
      • Architecture, with a brief description (2-3 sentences) about his skills in designing habitats such as space stations and houses.
      • Engineering, with a brief description (2-3 sentences) about his skills in designing luxury starships and the aforementioned habitats.
      • Mathematics, with a brief description (2-3 sentences) about his skills in the black magic field of accounting.
  • Inventory & Finance
    • The closest currency equivalent to the USD in the setting would be the KS, as far as I'm aware.
    • Would you mind expanding upon this section? Someone with his wealth, for instance, would be able to afford some classy custom apparel - and would you mind listing exactly how much wealth he actually has? (What would a good value for this be, @Wes? It says here that you can start off with up to 7,000 KS by going into debt, but that doesn't seem to be particularly...accurate for this character.)
I know it seems like a lot, and I'm not trying to be harsh or anything - I'm just curious about Skyan and about what his motivations are, and I can't wait to see the first-ever Elysian corporation within the setting open its doors for business. :)

Is there anything I can help you with regarding le birbs? I'm going on vacation tomorrow, but I'll do my best to stay in touch and reply within a timely fashion (as opposed to the four days it took me to respond to this :oops:).

@FrostJaeger I did my best to fix my character's profile. I'd like to think I have addressed all of the issues.. As far as formatting goes I kind-of have my own style but I have tried to match it as close to your expectations. Please tell me what you think. :)

Seriously!?, I will be the first Elysian Corporation... wow.. Cool. (lol)

( @Wes Everything looks good?)

:)

Note- now the company needs some little tweaks, but lets focus on the character right now..

RPG-D RPGfix
Back