• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Sm-M1-1 Delta

I like it, but isn't the secondary rate of fire supposed to be higher than 950 rpm to be 1.5 times higher than 750 rpm? It should be 1125, no?

Wes said:
#1 result was an erotic Sailor Moon tickling gallery.
MEIOH Setsuna (JIS character codes are 4C3D 3226 3B26 4661; this board seems to filter JIS) is the name for Sailor Pluto. "Meioh" means "king of the dead" (like Pluto or Hades), and "Setsuna" is a common Japanese word meaning "moment" or "instant," but the Kanji very roughtly translates to "what to kill?". She was introduced in Sailor Moon S, and was a very reclusive, background character. Her special ability was stopping time, but with severe restrictions. The one time she used it, it allowed a couple of other characters to escape an exploding helicopter, but she did not make it out herself. Easily one of the better characters in an at best mediocre anime series.

Wes said:
Mike (Diver), I need your last name so that you can be properly credited for your works. You failed to put in in the contact info thread.
I just got here Tuesday! Seriously, though, Diver should get full credit on this one. What I did was merely some minor bug fixes. Now, if I dragged out my copy of "Guns, Guns, Guns", and worked out all the physics for the weapons, then I'd ask for minor credit, but I didn't, so I'm not.

I'll update the contact info thread shortly.

Diver said:
the ammo is fed to the gun by a motor driven by the armor's internal electrical system.
Given that the WickedArms guns are powered by capacitors rated in tens of MJ, you might be better off using one of those so you don't have to have a power connection from the gun to the mecha. That said, if you keep the power link, then the gun stops functioning when it is disconnected from the mecha; this could be a safety feature. Your call.

If there is a power link, it would take a tech 5 minutes (in hangar conditions, not in combat, and with proper tools) to hook it up to something else that is electrically compatible. If not compatible, he's going to have to find a transformer to mate them up, and it's going to take at least another 10 minutes (not counting finding the transformer; you're on your own there), and will be a fragile hack (spend more time and duct tape to toughen it up; take a few hours in a machine shop and you can build a proper armored cable and adapter box). (I'm mentioning this because the situation could come up in RP.)

Diver said:
a quick-change barrel with a handle to remove the need for heat mittens (a feature added for the sake of armorers),
Nice feature. At worst, they'll need a rag if it's been baking in the sun.

Diver said:
Headware: The Epsilon features more or less the same fire control system as the Delta armor. The only significant upgrade being that the system now calculates the approximate 'beating zone' of its machine gun; projecting an area where the fire being laid down by the armor is likely to land.
Somebody's going to want a datalink to feed this info to the squad mates, too. Or maybe they'll cheap out and leave that out. Caveat emptor.

Diver said:
The drum raises the Epsilon's ammunition capacity to 850 and is fitted with a blow-out at the top for safety.
So, instead of an ammo explosion making you faceplant forward, it makes you fall over backward. ^_^

Diver said:
The arm sections of an Epsilon, HVAR or not, aren't simply given extra armor weight to counteract climb. They feature built-in gyroscopes and the new actuators developed with the help of the Industrial Machinery engineers to aid in the control of the Epsilon's weapons.
An autostabilizer. Sweet.

Regarding the HVAR's higher rate of fire, I figure Marketing would say "over 1000 RPM", "around 1100 RPM", or "almost 1200 RPM". Take your pick.

So where's the cake and keg? Let's get this party started!

Mike Patterson-Tran.

Recent legal developments have shortened it down to Mike Tran, I trust you won't mind if I withold details on that.

Ah, another victim of the institution. That's all I need to know about that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back