• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

So where are the male NH-29's?

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
I know that the vast majority of NH-29's are all female. But from this quote on the Reproduction, it does say that a male is possible.

So this begs the following questions:
- How would these NH-29(M)'s fit into society?
- Would they be seen as abberants?
- Also since they would have the same DNA would they be able to reproduce with NH-29's without medical intervention?
- Lastly would they be allowed to serve in the Star Army and could they be a player character?

Just more wunderings of a bored tech geek.

While essentially an advanced form of self-cloning, it is possible for a NH-29, with medical assistance, to reprogram the genetic material submitted to the child to actually be able to simulate bearing the child of ‘another’ – even then, the nanomachines will monitor and remove any possible defect caused by mismatching chromosomes at the sub-atomic scale and the gender typically defaults to female,

There are only two male Nekovalkyrja to my knowledge, both of which are the NH-27 variant.

NH-29's are basically Asexual, and do not need males to reproduce.

True, but the write up for the NH-29 doesn't preclude such a thing as the verbage does not say the offspring is always female. Only that it typically defaults, which means it could happen.

Yes, it's possible for a nekovalkyrja to bear an offspring that'd qualify as a male. Wether that offspring remains a nekovalkyrja, though, is another thing entirely.

Fred said:
Yes, it's possible for a nekovalkyrja to bear an offspring that'd qualify as a male. Wether that offspring remains a nekovalkyrja, though, is another thing entirely.

Hence my wondering question.

Thanks for your time.

It would be noted, however, that Neko are not human. They do not share human qualities outside of what is emulated by the designers to make them seem somewhat human-esque. They are biological war weapons... Bio-androids, really.

Out of mere technicality there is no male or female Neko. There is just Neko. It would be a extreme rarity to ever see a 'male' neko, namely because that... Just isn't a Neko. Wouldn't be able to reproduce, for example.

Based on a handful of previous situations 'male' Neko are usually ignored (Their 'male-ness', mind, not they themselves) and attempts to make them are frowned upon simply because they are unneccessary.

Plus there are the good lot of Neko supremacists, too. :lol:

Thanks, I had no real problem, just the writer in me had to ask the question since the article left possibility there. I just got to wondering how would a society that is pretty all female handle something out of the norms.

CYA. :lol:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back