• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP (SP)[ITC] Chapter 2: Building a town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoerik

Inactive Member
(See first chapter here:https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/index.php?threads/sp-chapter-1-a-new-objective.15265/

ITC Headquarters, Ushobrakflug, 21/6/YE 36

" Everything is going as planned sir. Within three months, we'll have tripled the city's capacity. You have my word." Said Foreman Edgar. He had been placed in charge of the operations at Prototype City Alpha. Not that he disliked the job, but he had been under heavy responsibility, which he did not like. Kenichi looked up to him, and then to Odaka. " You're sure this will work? We've got other things on our mind too." Said Odaka. Kenichi nodded. " I know." He said. " We got the subject on the stolen files. But this project has to much of a head start to be scrapped right now. No, we must continue this, alongside Skegg's investigation. We have to keep those things separated. Foreman, for now, continue the good work. You are dismissed." Edgar nodded, stood up and made a light bow to Kenichi. Then he walked out.

" These Black Hand people troubles me, Kenichi. They are well organised, well armed. We cannot fight them alone. We need help from the Legion, or we ain't gonna survive." Said Odaka a little later. Kenichi looked up to her. She is truly concerned. He thought. He nodded. " You are right. They are to strong, we must hope for help from the Legion. If that is all, you're dismissed Odaka. You look tired. Take some rest. That's an order." Kenichi said. Odaka bowed and walked out of the office. Kenichi sighed. " Where will this lead to? When will it end?" He mumbled, and looked outside the window.

Battle-Torn Fields
" Anything new, sir?" Asked Franklin. He had seen the foreman walk out of the building, and together with Donald and Rodney waited for Edgar. Edgar looked concerned. " Anything wrong, sir?" Asked Donald carefully, for he had not forgotten the incident that had happened before. " Why are you still here?! We have a lot to do, and it ain't gonna happen if we stick around here! Get a move on!" Answered Edgar.

Danketsu Station, 28/5/YE 36
The station was in full array. People were repairing, for the station was hit hard, and also were adding new parts for completing the station. Skeggason had not come out from the archives for ten days, nor did the Space-Port Master.

Monique Velaquez was just working on a repair of the computer system, when a technician walked by.
" Ma'am, we've got news from Bjarkmar. He has found something. He says he wants you to see it." He said. Monique nodded. " I'll be there in ten minutes." She answered.

ITC Archives
A while later, she walked into the archives. She found Skegg in front of a data-computer, with the Master beside him. " You wished to see me?" Monique said. Skegg nodded, and pointed to a chair right of him. " I've found what we're looking for. What they've stolen. It's not good. Look." He pointed towards the computer. What Monique saw, filled her with anxiety.

ITC Headquarters, 9/6/YE 36

Several ships were flying in to the hangars on the south of the complex. Yamataian, knew Odaka. She was supposed to meet some of the leading staff from the Yamataian crew at Prototype City Alpha. They would get a full tour around the building, but after that it would be strictly business, for their was a lot to be discussed. It was only bad luck that Skegg and Monique could not be there.

Kenichi Tower

" You are sure about this?" Asked Kenichi. " Yes. No doubt about it. That's their target, they won't stop until they got it al down." Answered Skegg. Kenichi sighed. " Dear God. We can't allow that. If they attack it, months of work will be wasted. Do you get how important this is?!" " Yes, I know. But I'm sorry to say, I've got bigger problems. You need the Legion to handle it." Answered Skegg. Kenichi remained silent for a few moments. Then he sighed again. " You are right. I will contact them then. Get back to your work. Kenichi out." Then he switched the comlink off.

Prototype City Alpha
" I need a wrench here! And a pliers, needle top!" Said a construction worker. Everyone was hard at work, getting the city moving. But at least one district was completed. Foreman Edgar was proud to announce the Main Passage opened. They had worked hard on it, but when the city was complete, Edgar could really be proud. He was to give a speech today, to announce the opening.

Sqinq Square
" Ladies and Gentleman, I welcome you all. I stand before you today, to make a big and amusing announcement. The opening of the Main Passage. I must say, that I was a bit sceptical when Director Kenichi first announced this plan. He had a vision unlike anyone else. He wanted to build a city. Well, I was not the only one doubting that it would succeed, and I still doubt it. But I'm proud to say that one part of his plan is completed. Yes people, I can now say: I announce the Main Passage opened!" People cheered when Foreman Edgar took his scissors and cut the ribbon. " Thank you, thank you. And let us not forget all the people who build this part of town. A big applause for them!" He continued and people clapped to the workers stationed on the podium. " Well, If you'd excuse us, there's a lot we need to do. Enjoy your day!" Edgar made it off stage, and walked back to the Command Base. " Sir, we need some more people in Sector 11b." Said a worker when Edgar walked in. " Well, send those who are done here to there then." Edgar answered. Five workers ran by to their new assignment. To Edgar's surprise, Captain Ryou was inside. " Captain, what a surprise. Anything wrong?" Edgar asked.

Sqinq Mine
" Holy shit! Contact HQ!" Screamed Foreman Arnold. He saw several ships dooming up from the sky. They did not look friendly. This mine was not safe, knew Arnold. They only had a small security force assembled here, and they were not able to withstand this type of attack. Just as Arnold had anticipated, the ships opened fire. The security forces quickly returned fire, but to no avail. A mining vehicle exploded. " God-damn-it, take cover!" The crane just swooped over their head by a millimetre. " Get those things down immediately, damn it! Ben, were the hell are you?!" Arnold screamed towards Security Chief Ben. " Right here, Foreman! We're trying the best we can! Your men best retreat inside!" Ben answered from the right of where Arnold sat ducked away. " Copy that, Chief! Get those bloody things down!" Said Arnold. " We got it! Now get the hell out!" answered Ben. Arnold needed not be told twice. He and some other workers quickly made it to the entrance of the mine.
" HQ is coming sir! ETA is ten minutes." Arnold heard when he passed into the mine. He heard Ben scream something back, but then a explosion dropped in, and Arnold heard nothing anymore.

" Sir, are you all right?" Arnold heard when he opened his eyes again. " I'm fine, get your ass into the mine!" He answered. Then he stood up and ran back, further into the mountain. " Close the opening!" Ben screamed to the front guards. And a concrete door was slammed to the side. Arnold heard nothing from outside anymore. " Well, now we're stuck I guess." He said.

Outside, the battle continued. Soldiers came down from the ships and began shooting. But the security superior skills easily swept them off. " Get those ships first!" Ben screamed out just before another vehicle was hit and flew over from the mountain path and took down four guards. " Get them out of there! We'll cover you!" Ben screamed. Two guards ran forward, covered by two others. one was shot down. " Damned! Where's our reinforcements?!" " ETA in six minutes sir!" said a guard from the rear. " We don't have six minutes! We need them now!" Ben said. He had just enough time to duck, after another explosion from the right. " Take cover behind those crates! Get some Frag grenades, and blast them into the engines! Take them out, damn it!" Several guards ran forward. No new soldiers came out of the ships. Apparently, they learned their lesson. As Ben had instructed, several grenades went up. They were however unsuccessful, for the ships weapons shot them out of the air. But several explosions ensued nearby the ships' cockpits. They were confused, giving several guards time to get behind the ships, and blast the grenades directly into the engine pipes. Several explosions from the back of the ships followed. Some were blasted out of the sky, but not before coming down nearby the covering guards. A few ships flew directly towards the mine before exploding above the heads of the guards, who quickly took cover. After nearly a minute, the explosions stopped, and nearly all ships were destroyed or lay pierced into the ground. " Look HQ, sir!" A guard said and pointed to the horizon. " They're a bit to late." Answered Ben, exhausted. They opened the concrete door to the mine. " Arnold? We got them. Come on out now, it's safe." Ben said. Then, a huge explosion followed from behind him. He had just enough time to take cover. " What the hell was that?!" Ben screamed. But then he saw it. All of the mining equipment was gone.

ITC Headquarters, Kenichi Tower, 9/7/YE 36

" What a mess. Again." Said Kenichi. He had just seen the destruction at the Sqinq Mine, undoubtedly inflicted by Black Hand. " We did not have enough men, sir." Answered Foreman Arnold. Kenichi looked up. He nodded. " Indeed. You were overrun. We cannot let that happen again. Chief Ben, send in a extra platoon of guards, and take some heavy equipment, like anti-air weapons. We must avoid a second attack." Ben bowed lightly, and walked out of the room. " Foreman, search for any survivors among the equipment, and scrap the rest of the metal." Kenichi continued. " Understood, sir." Arnold answered. He bowed and walked out. Kenichi tapped in his comlink. " Odaka, how about those Yamatai visitors?"

Hangar Bay
" They are just entering sir. What about it?"Answered Odaka on her portable comlink. " Nothing serious. Let them in." said Kenichi back trough the comlink. " Copy that. Odaka out." Then three figures walked out of the small Raccoon T7 Transport Shuttle. Odaka knew who it were. " Manager Sheruishen, Foreman Tsuiguri, Officer Yuoshin. Greetings to all three of you. How has your journey been trough this beautiful world?"

Danketsu Station
Everyone was sill hard at work. Skegg and Monique ad come out of the Archives, and were now coordinating the rebuilding process. The Space-port Master had gone back to his station, but not without a hard sermon from Skegg. " That will teach him." Skegg had said. Monique was now working on a part of the Dokuritsu-sei Labs, which were apparently also slightly damaged. Nothing mayor, luckily. She saw the project advancing first-hand. Skegg himself was in charge of most of the operations, but left also some work to another Head scientist named Damian. They were currently working on modifying the new Mucoyi shuttles they got from Novacorp. They had a small prototype under the project name of "Aratana Hono". The rebuilding process, however, took much time out of Skegg and the project was not moving very fast. The development facilities were still largely damaged, which halted almost everything they tried to get published.

" Ma'am, Skegg asks your assistance in the outer development facility corridor." Said a repairman. " Alright, send someone to fix this wiring, okay." answered Monique. The repairman nodded and ran further down the corridor.

Outer Corridor
" Ma'am, you need to take on a dusk suit. Beyond this point there is only vacuum." said a guard. Monique nodded and took a dusk suit from a clothing hanger. A few seconds later, the two guards opened an airlock. Monique went inside, and the airlock was soon de-pressurised. " This is Monique, Skegg do you copy?" She opened the outer door. She was now outside of the station. She quickly floated to a side were she saw a flickering light. " Load and clear Monique. This is Skegg, a minute maybe?" Answered Skegg trough the radio. When she came closer, it was indeed Skegg who was handling a malfunctioning cable. " What seems to be the problem?" Monique asked. Skegg pointed to a switch above them. " as long as power is on, I can't reroute the power. I need you to switch it off." He said. " Copy that." Monique answered. She floated upwards, towards the switch. But when she tried to turn it, it didn't do it. " Damn, it's stuck." She groaned as she tried to get it off. Eventually, it turned. But disaster struck. A small piece of the wall scraped off, and with high velocity struck one of the trouser legs of Monique. A small hole dug trough it. " Shit. I've been hit." Then another piece got loose and hit her helmet. The display went off. " Fuck! I need to get back. Skegg, my helmet's broke." She floated back downwards, but she did not hear Skegg. " Skegg, do you copy?" " Inbound, two o'clock!" Skegg screamed trough the radio. Then she saw it. Small pieces littered the sky and came for them. The station would be fine, but they wouldn't. " Skegg, we need to get the hell out of here!" " I can't, the wires are still loose. I need to realign them." Answered Skegg. " Forget those god-damn wires, get out of there." But Skegg flew back, after a electrical charge. " Shit. Propulsion is down." He said. He grabbed a railing, and pushed forward towards Monique. He grabbed her hand. He pointed back to the airlock. Monique got a tether out, and attached herself to Skegg. " This is gonna be hard." She propelled herself and Skegg towards the airlock, and got her hand out to the railing. She opened the airlock, and detached Skegg. But something was wrong. " Wait. Don't go in. Something on your suit. It's hydrazine." Monique said. " Fuck." said Skegg. " Well get someone to clean it then." Monique looked trough the window, and saw the two guards. " Wait here." she said. Then she floated in and pressurised the room again. She opened the inner door, and took her helmet off. " Someone, Skegg has toxic on his suit." she said to the guards. " I need a cleaning crew for sector six." Said one of the guards.

Prototype City Alpha
" We have completed block 15, sir." Said a worker. Edgar nodded. " Good." A few cranes were up to provide a new sector for the working quarters, which was not intended to house construction workers, but instead factory workers who would come here. It would take a long time, knew Edgar, but it would be worth it. Only, with the tragedy at Sqinq Mine, they had got somewhat of a slowdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back