• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Spaceframe and Hull Design: SIF and IDS?

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Design consideration:

I noticed that on most of the Star Army ships I have looked at when looking at designing the spaceframe/hull of the Takumi (A ship I am working on for my next plotline) that I dont see any kind of Structural Integredy Fields, or Intertial Dampening systems (for when auxilary engines or other kinds of intertial flight are effecting the vessel)

Now I would assume that these two design factors would be things taken care of by the Combined Field System (CFS) but I thought I would put this out there.

Structural Integrity Fields and Inertial Dampening Systems are Star Trek technologies - They're in the Star Trek Technical Manual. Let's not rip them off, okay?

*nod*
I was more using those as an example. Does the CFS reduce the stresses of spaceflight on the vessel? Or with the materials we are using are those stresses non-existant?

The CFS generally doesn't create or reduce stresses on the ship.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back