• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Spartan General Combat Mecha

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:ohi:spartan_general_combat_mecha
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Non-Playable Factions
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This is something that's been in the works for a few weeks. It's been quite the undertaking, with a lot of time spent on the art for it.

This is a general purpose combat mecha, made by Osman Heavy Industries.

I'm tagging @Legix because I'm using some Axis mechworks products in this, and @Nashoba because I'm using some Novacorp and Geshrinari products in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. Would you mind completing the Standard Equipment sub-section of the Spartan's article, please?
  2. Would you mind reducing the maximum atmospheric speed of the Spartan to something less than or equal to Mach 1.7, please? It's so that the Spartan follows this section of the DRv3 article.
  3. Would you completing (or removing) the "Projectile Appearance" bullet point in the Discharge Information sub-section of the 50mm Rotary Assault Rifle's article, please?
  4. The following Faction Managers need to post their approval of the submission in this thread:
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

As an additional note, the conversion of the Axis Mechworks Model 33 Atom Laser Close-In Weapons System from DRv2 to DRv3 unfortunately has to be submitted and approved separately before I can approve of this submission; fortunately, however, I've already gone ahead and submitted the update. :p

This review includes the following sub-articles:

If we reduce the airspeed of this, we'll have to reduce the airspeed of the Gekido, the Knight, and the Garuda II as well, however, they were all approved. I'm ok with reducing the speed, but only if we rework the speed for all of Origin's current mecha articles as well so that I'm not gimped in comparison to articles with other manufacturers

After talking with Kai, we've changed the speeds for all modern mecha to conform with the speed standards. In addition to this, I've completed the standard equipment section, and updated the projectile appearance section of the 50mm rotary assault rifle.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. The following Faction Managers need to post their approval of the submission in this thread:

As an additional note, the conversion of the Axis Mechworks Model 33 Atom Laser Close-In Weapons System from DRv2 to DRv3[/url] has to be approved before I can approve of this submission.

It's self-replicating, so yeah...

But, don't get me wrong, it says specifically on the Liquid Ally wiki page that it possesses some limited independent intelligence, and the program can be influenced by radio waves. It's part of a much larger intended ecosystem of parts, much like the Junkmaster.

The act of spreading them is why the spacers would be ideologically cool with it.

[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Status: Approved, on the condition that the Model 33 Atom Laser CIWS DRv3 Conversion is approved within 90 days of this post.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back