• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Speaking of Donor Patches...

Teddo

Inactive Member
Are they purposely not available in the store? By that I mean, can you only get the patch if you donate?

Because... wouldn't buying it be the same as donating, in a way?

Furthermore, the store. Are there any plans to make Nepleslian gear (or anything not Yamataian) available? Cuz having a shirt with the Hostile on the front would be pretty sweet.

Pretty REALLY sweet.

The cafepress store generates virtually no profits for the site. If you buy a $17 shirt, it's likely I'm only getting $1 from that.

As for patches, cafepress doesn't offer them. I specially ordered them from an online retailer (50 of them) and have been using my stock of them to reward donators. Eventually I will run out. They cost me about $350 or something IIRC...it's been a few years.

I can create products on request, such as ones with your character art or Nepleslian mecha, just let me know what you want and I'll try to make it happen.

Wes said:
The cafepress store generates virtually no profits for the site. If you buy a $17 shirt, it's likely I'm only getting $1 from that.

Ouch. Cafepress doesn't let you set the prices? places like pikistore and spreadshirt have a base price for their cut, then you determine how much you want to earn from each unit sold.

Also, pricing on bulk orders of patches are pretty cheap if you order them from Asia, though I don't know what the costs are with shipping:
asiapatch
patches direct

This site even gives free shipping:
Butler patches

If a bunch of people are interested in getting more patch designs, I'd totally be willing to chip in for an order. Ordering individual custom patches costs like $80! Whereas buying 50 of the same size in bulk costs like $81, and a hundred for $99....

Though you've been able to go a few years already with 50 patches, it would be cost-effective for like 20 people to put in like $5 each, then just send the rest to you. With that many patches, you could put them up for sale on ebay or something, thus making them available for future purchase, and all the proceeds would go directly to the site. 'Selling' them could possibly be more effective than giving them out as a 'reward' for donating. Psychologically, you'd be spending the money on something you want rather than giving it away.

These are all just thoughts. Obviously having patches would hinge on demand for them. I'm only bringing all this up because I personally just think it would be cool to have all of them on my old army pack and BDUs.

places like pikistore and spreadshirt have a base price for their cut, then you determine how much you want to earn from each unit sold.
That's the way Cafepress.com works, too. But even the base prices are high in my opinion, and nobody ever buys from our store anyway, so it doesn't earn the site any money.

I went and looked up the actual work order prices for the patches:

50 patches @ $3.40 each = $170.00

The place I got them from seems to no longer offer custom patches, though.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back