Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Species Guide Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's rebuild the species guide. Instead of a huge awkward bulleted list on a mostly-empty page, I've been making the species guide into more of a gallery of thumbnails that actually shows what each species looks like. Check it out: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:species

Each species has a thumbnail that's 200x200 pixels (upload them here).

Minor species like fish and stuff will go at the bottom in a list, but all the "main" species of the site should go up top. I could use a hand from faction managers and/or people good with wiki code.

Added the Tula, not going to worry about the subspecies for the Clan

Reactions: Wes
You realize Wes that I'm still working on that right? Have it in my documents and fiddle around with it everyday, but you pretty much got the gist of what I was going for.

Last edited:
You realize Wes that I'm still working on that right? Have it in my documents and fiddle around with it everyday, but you pretty much got the gist of what I was going for.
No, I didn't realize that because you were assigned to update this article on January 11, and haven't shown any progress all year. On September 12 I asked if there had been any progress and you didn't respond. Given the time I've spent waiting and the lack of updates from you on this, I think it was reasonable for me to assume it wasn't going to happen unless I did it myself.

If you got ideas to contribute, I'd like to see them now.

I can't exactly update an article in ONE day ya know, I do have other things I need to do :p

Also, I have no notice that you poked me about the article on September 12th x_x, looking in the thread where you assigned me I see no post either =(

It's on Asana, the staff task tracker. Anyway, if you got some stuff to contribute or want to help make the article better, by all means now is the time! :)

I admittedly uninstalled Asana when I saw things weren't being added/updated for a few months. I figured we'd moved on from it.

Returning to the original subject... Would it perhaps be better to pair related species together? Like for example; Geshrin, Minkan, and Nekovalkyrja?

While the present alphabetical array is functional, it might be better if they were grouped by faction.

It coukd be usefull, but I get the idea this is more a list of species for the sake of information on them separate from their political/national association and when just looking for an alien race alphabetical order by race, not nation, would be easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back