• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Splendifirous Salutations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amondrask

Inactive Member
Or, in other words, hello!

So, I've been poking about the site for a day or three now, trying to get a better feel for the setting and the general atmosphere of the community (You may have seen me lurking in the IRC from time to time.) and I think this is a rather unique section on the internet that I'd very much like to become a part of.

I suppose I should say a little bit about myself, but brace yourself for I'm really quite terrible at these introduction things. Never quite sure what to say! But yes. I'm Amondrask, though you can call me Hugh or just about anything you like, and I'm one of Ireland's very few nerdy types. Geek culture as a whole isn't much of a thing over here, unfortunately, so I've been forced to look to the internet to interact with those who possess similar interests. I've been roleplaying for about twelve years now, but I've become fairly rusty of late due to a lack of a proper, steady forum to write on, though I hope Star Army will cure that.

As for stuff I'm into, most of your typical nerdy things. Warhammer, comics,video games, D&D, fantasy novels, mechs, swords and things along those lines.

So yeah. Uh. I intend to be playing a Nepleslian and I'll be working on him soonish, with the aim of joining the 4th Fleet, so I look forward to chitchatting to you all and writing with you! Feel free to say hi if you see me around, I'm a fairly talkative individual.

Hi I'm Izokia, one of the mentors around here its my job to basically answer any questions you might have. As an alternative just ask anyone on the IRC for help.

Also some other people may stop by and say hi like Wes the site admin. If you want I could PM Sigma the GM of the 4th fleet so the two of you could discuss your character.

It's great to have a another new face around and its even cooler to get more players from the international scene, hope you have a great time RPing with all of us.

Wow, I'm not sure we've had an Irish roleplayer join so far, although there's several people from Britain on the forums. I saw you in the channel, but we didn't get a chance to talk. I'm Wes, the guy that founded Star Army, and all around the forum are the various member who have put their own ideas, efforts, and love into the unique Star Army universe. I'm excited to see the impact and legacy your characters and ideas will make on the shared world. I take it you've roleplayed on forums before? What kind were they?

We have already spoken and I've pointed him in the general direction. As I said in my other thread, I will be away very soon for several days.

Thanks for the welcome, Izokia!

Hah, aye, I can count the number of Irish roleplayers I've encountered on my travels through the internet on one hand, with fingers to spare. I don't know why we're such a rare thing, but hey, at least there's plenty of others from other countries floating around. Yes, I nudged Avalynn towards asking you some questions about her character and I would have done the same for mine but I was so tired I'm not sure I'd have made sense or asked the right questions. I'm sure we'll talk soon!

I think that's one of the more appealing aspects of Star Army, how involved the community seems to be in the setting and story. It's refreshing! As for my characters' legacy, well, hopefully it will be one I can be proud of down the line, but I've certainly got some ideas I can tinker with in time.

I've been roleplaying on various forums for as long as I've been on the internet, so I've been on more than a few. I tend to favour fantasy sites, due to my love of all things swordy and my penchant for close combat and armour. I've dabbled in some anime-based ones, some superhero forums and others. This is actually the first time I've joined a sci-fi roleplay site or penned anything in the genre. I've never been a huge fan of the genre, if I'm honest, but I've started to come around and I'm even considering doodling up my own little universe for short story purposes. I'm sure I'll enjoy myself in the vast expanses of space, though! How about you, Wes?

That you have, Sigma, and I'll be shooting you a PM later on when I have the post count for it.

I've always preferred technology to magic and I grew up on sci-fi novels and Star Trek. I got into roleplaying in high school and then discovered online roleplaying around 2000 and learned web design to make character pages.

I'd like to hear your ideas.

Welcome, Amondrask! I hope you have a great time here, SARP is a fun place to be with lots of creative and awesome people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back