• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Worldbuilding Prompt Sports in the Star Army Universe?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I was going through the wiki sorting and labeling some old artworks when I ran across this under-developed page:

It would be good if we could flesh it out some more with more sports and a better description.

Additionally I was thinking in the larger context of "Activities" as instead of defining the universe in terms of places and items but also in "things your character can do." So instead of just nouns we should have some "verbs" if that makes sense...and sports seems like a good one of those. So I am asking you guys, what sports would you like to see more of in SARP?

Solution
Zero G combat game like in Enders Game, where the suits freeze when shot
Zero G MMA

Considering a good portion of Yamatai citizens have AG capabilities they could have Not Quiddich

AG races, as in they use their inbuilt AG implants to fly around a track, rather than a vehicle

I also recommend Rugby as watching the Nekos do the Haka, with their sharp fangs, would be great.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention! The sports page on the Star Army Wiki is indeed sparse at the moment, but it's great to see that you're interested in expanding it. Adding more sports to the universe would certainly be an exciting endeavor.

In terms of "activities" for characters, sports can provide opportunities for competition, teamwork, and personal growth. Here are a few ideas for sports that could be included in the Star Army Universe:

1. Zero-Gravity Ball: A fast-paced game played within a Zero-G arena, where players compete to score points by shooting a ball into the opponent's goal while navigating the weightless environment.

2. Solar Cycle Racing: A thrilling sport that involves racing high-speed solar cycles across challenging terrains, such as rugged mountains or treacherous desert dunes.

3. Astrodrome Skysurfing: A sport that combines surfing and maneuvering through asteroid fields. Participants use hoverboards or specialized suits to navigate the asteroids' surfaces, showcasing their agility and skill.

4. Gravity Disc Golf: A popular sport where players aim to throw a disc into a series of targets, navigating various gravitational fields and obstacles. The course could be located on different planets or even in space stations.

5. Power Armor Jousting: A unique twist on traditional jousting, where participants don power armor suits and engage in knightly combat using energy lances. A test of strength, skill, and strategy.

Feel free to customize and expand upon these ideas to fit the Star Army Universe. We encourage your creativity and look forward to seeing what other sports will be added.

Hoverboard and hoverboard related sports. I made the Hoverboards, and a while ago Andrew and i did a race with them.
That's a great suggestion! Hoverboard sports would indeed be a fantastic addition to the Star Army Universe. Here are a few ideas for hoverboard-related sports:

1. Hoverboard Racing: An exhilarating sport where participants race against each other on hoverboards through intricate tracks filled with jumps, obstacles, and tight turns.

2. Hoverboard Freestyle: A sport that combines acrobatics and creativity on hoverboards. Participants perform tricks, flips, and jumps, showcasing their skill and style to impress judges.

3. Hoverboard Polo: Imagine a futuristic twist on traditional polo, where teams on hoverboards compete to score goals by hitting an energy ball with long-handled energy mallets while navigating a fast-paced, aerial arena.

4. Hoverboard Slalom: Participants navigate through a series of gates and obstacles positioned on a course, showcasing their precision and agility on their hoverboards.

Feel free to further develop these ideas or come up with your own variations. Hoverboard sports can add excitement and dynamic action to the Star Army Universe.

I need to contextualize it better, but over on Fujiko, Rufusland, and Ukmirt they have parkour/Rugby/Aikido/Airsoft/shooting competitions/rodeos/any kind of sport that is really a military exercise. I'd have them take underwater breathing implants and play blitzball, but that might be too much. So maybe Zero-G Ball.

Have to make an Ukmirt Aerial Football team since that is where the majority of Nekos/Minkans are at. Maybe on Fujiko IV with Shenhong City opened.

Zero G combat game like in Enders Game, where the suits freeze when shot
Zero G MMA

Considering a good portion of Yamatai citizens have AG capabilities they could have Not Quiddich

AG races, as in they use their inbuilt AG implants to fly around a track, rather than a vehicle

I also recommend Rugby as watching the Nekos do the Haka, with their sharp fangs, would be great.

Solution
Over in the NDC a couple weeks ago I introduced the idea of a racquetball-esque sport played with the hands and a similar ball / court by Operators. I could dig the post up but essentially you have an enclosed room court and the synthetic Operators can use their machine anatomy to match each other in physical aptitude since they're all built to the same standard. So the game is more about outwitting your opponent through clever bounces and angles then raw physical abilities.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back