• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[[SRSS Yggdrasill]] Vacation in the UOC

"Mmm...just not my policy to hit on female crew on the first day I know them. Doesn't make for good relations." he replied, sticking his tongue out, causing the penguin to chuckle

"Well that's surprisingly astute of you." Mel said, pausing in her waterplay and splashed another young woman playfully. "but unless you want to use it, I suggest you put that tongue away." she said and continued her fun.

The neko pilot rolled his eyes again as Kurio the penguin ran down to the waves, playing in the wake. "So, other then a new crew member, what have I missed as I screwed up around the galaxy?" he asked his boss, lounging a little.

"Well..." Toshiro thought back over the past several months.

"You missed several others coming and going, a pirate battle, a salvage run, and some other stuff here and there. Oh! I finally got enough spare parts saved up to convert the ygg into a military-grade vessel! Yamataium Hull, CDD, Heavy Positron Cannon, the works!"

Ken nodded, giving a low whistle. "We'll be the most feared salvage and rescue company out there." he teased lightly, poking him with his elbow. "Say, I was wondering if we could finally find a buyer for the pod I have...or at least find out how much people will pay for it." he said, smiling.

"Well...I remember it being worth 75,000 KS..."

He said, thinking for a moment.

"Meaning you'd get 60,000 KS of that, the rest split among those who were present at the time...but Eve and I are the only ones still around from back then..."

"So the crew really split up...huh?" he asked, sighing as he reclined. "Mmm...if I came back, there's a high chance the rest will...how is Eve by the way? And our custom OS?" Ken asked, looking a little sad.

Eve is commanding the Leviathan, and Yggdrasill's OS is continuing to grow. It believes in God, and has grown considerably in her ability to handle emotion and jugdement."

He responded.

"If you want to come back, you're welcome to."

"Why else would I be here, other then to shoot the breeze, oh boss of mine?" Ken replied, smiling gently as he watched the clouds go by. "Besides, the two of us working together makes more money then either one of us alone." he noted, nodding to himself. "And it's half as lonely."

"Well, should we go back and check on the progress of our flagship then? Or should we wait here and get all pruny?"

Toshiro asked, wondering what his crew wanted.

"Mmm... I wouldn't mind seeing the Yggdrasil again. I miss Eve and the OS." Ken said, getting up and stretching. "Thanks for having me back, by the way." he mentioned, smiling at Toshiro. "Makes me happy I have a home."

Mel would soon finish her watery play and got out, holding her arm over her chest as a wave had come up and washed away her stringy top and left her blushing darkly. "oh dear... I think nature wanted a show." she said and walked toward Toshiro and Ken. "Uh you wouldn't happen to have a towel would you/" she asked shyly as she got whistled at and calls to drop the arm.

Toshiro blinked, looking around at the cat-calling guys... "On the beach..."

He quickly moved toward the beach, looking to grab a towel or a shirt.

Ken chuckled, pulling off his own shirt and tossing it to the poor girl. "Here. It probably won't fit over your wings, but at the very least you can tie it around your chest." he said, looking away for her modesty.

The deafening booms echoed overhead as darkness slowly faded into a blurred image of the world around him. His eyes burned and his head was pulsing intensely. Soot, blood and an uncountable number of other smells smashed his senses to an almost unbearable level. He reached up grasping at nothing as his desperate attempts to bring himself were met with failure as his body continued to collapse under its own weight. Falling face first into the bloodied soil, he spent what little energy he had trying to yell for help. His screams were deafened as mere background noise to the larger turmoil. His world nothing more than shapes and darkness now. Slumping forward on his rifle for support he drug himself forward, he didn't know where he was going, but to him salvation could only be forward at this point.

He didn't know how long he had pulled himself through the blood and dirt until he finally heard something other than the sounds of aerial cannon fire and background explosions. Voices! Finally someone else was alive out here he thought. Mustering the strength to shout, he slowly started pulling himself just as a swift blow to his chin sent him standing standing straight up and then down into the ditching on his back. The cold barrel of a gun pressed into his chest as a boot came down on his throat to hold him down. For a brief moment the realization that he was about to die was the only thing now present in his mind. A click followed and a ear shattering blast, he lay there for what felt like a century before he realized that he was still alive. The foot that had been pressing to his throat slacked in pressure completely as the man holding him down hit the dirt with a thud and a bloody gurgle. No time was given to react as a hand grappled his own, yanking him to his feet. A familiar voice range out over the background noise. “Your not done here yet soldier! Wake the fuck up!”

A gasp of air against the frozen glass followed, his eyes shooting open as the effects of cryo-stasis reversal were being fully felt. The dulled computerized voice echoed in the quiet medical chamber of the Leviathan. Several automated systems kicked to life as the voice continued to repeat the message. “Subject 927, Officer Phillips cryo-stasis interrupted. Stationed medical officer's assistance is advised.”

Eve crossed her arms and nodded, placing a finger to her chin. “I agree...perhaps we sh.....” Her head snapped up and looked towards the door of the room. Her professional demeanor seemed to slide away in a mischievous grin as she placed a finger to her bottom lip. “Looks like someone decided to return to the living after all...” She nodded to Aendri and started heading for the door “You can follow if you'd like or remain here. Either way I'll make sure to get us back on schedule”

Eve hurried to the medical bay and clapped her hands as she entered “Computer! Bay lights on!” She walked up to the activated pod and placed a hand on the frozen glass. “I knew you wouldn't let go of life so easily...I knew....you'd come back to me...” Shaking her head she snapped out of it and moved to the console and began punching in commands, all the while mumbling to herself. “alright Eve....lets do this!” She worked for what must have been a good thirty minutes, checking readings, redirection system power to functions most required at each stage. She wasn't going to give any chance of something going wrong.

After what felt like an eternity to both of them, the door of the cryo pod slowly slid open and Eve quickly moved in front of it to catch the still incoherent Shaun. Every part of his body and all of his senses felt like they were on fire. He grimaced in pain as Eve quickly wrapped him in a blanket and whispered softly to him to try and keep him calm. “shhh...it's ok. Your body is hypersensitive from stasis.” Shaun upon hearing her voice gripped down on her shoulders trying to keep himself standing, despite the fact she was fully capable of holding up him. “E...Eve? What...where are we...?”
Holding him close to her, she placed a hand on the back of his head and slowly pressed it to her shoulder to give support. “It's alright....a lot has happened. We're on the Leviathan. You've been in stasis....just try to save your energy. I'll explain everything soon enough...”

Mel nodded her thanks to Ken and tied the sleeves behind her back as a makeshift top. She was appreciative that he didn't tell her to go find another one or steal a towel or something. "Well that teaches me when to knock off my teasing." she joked, still blushing thought. "Thank you."

(Oh hay, a Driker)

Ken nodded, smiling gently still. "Your crew, right? You might as well be family then." he said, getting up. "Might be best to head back to the ship though. Get some real clothes on and such." he told her, his body rippling slightly as he stretched. She would notice the tattoo on his arm, among other things, that of a spiraling dragon.

Toshiro was already on shore, waving at them...

"It's getting late, you two! Let's get back to the ship!"

Eve hummed to herself as she moved about the medical bay with a clipboard. Despite everything she always seemed to keep her chipper attitude. Shaun sat slumped forward on the examination table. The world was still little more than shadows and shapes in his eyes. Slowly opening and clenching his fists. "ugh....this shit seriously sucks."

Eve tilted her head to the side and leaned forward ruffling his hair. "I swear, humans are such high maintenance." She said with a smile. Shaun could only cough as he tried to laugh. "y..yeah...I guess us old flesh junkers just can't match up to synthetics." finishing with a smirk, he leaned back as Eve gave him a gentle shove. Staring up at the lights above the table, his eyes strained to adjust to the waking world again.

Eve walked around above his head and pressed two fingers to the center of his chest, feeling out the vibrations from his heart. "No worries, We'll get you up and running like new."

Ken nodded, shouldering his bags and plopping the penguin on his head, following after his boss. "I'm Ken, by the way." he told the winged one.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…