• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SSharp's Writings and Stuff

Just making my own topic to post up things I'd like to share -- not as if you guys haven't seen other stuff like it before. :eek:

I mostly write, so expect that sort of thing -- long posts to this topic with WALLS OF TEXT. (If it's exceptionally long, I'll make a link to a DeviantArt page I'll set up in the future.) I may soon start drawing, so maybe it'll be broken up every now and again? Any character art I receive for my characters will also go here if I can manage it.

"Phone Story"
Written: 11/30/2010

The device cried out. Its carrier jumped in surprise as it buzzed and rang out a familiar tune. The carrier pulled the dark thing out of his pocket and flipped it open to reveal the screen. With a grimace he pressed a button and brought it to his ear.

“Hey.” He greeted quietly.

“Hey! Danny! I just wanted to let you know I just got off work.” A female voice purred.

Daniel grimaced, “I’m not in town Liz.”

“Oh.” There was a pause. “Why not?”

“I thought I should get some distance. Remember?”

“Wasn’t that a week ago? How long do you plan on staying away from home Danny? I’m sure your boss has ca—“ Daniel cut her off.

“I’ve already got a place here. I’m looking for a job where I’m not some sort of… I don’t know. I needed space.”

“You quit your job!?”

“Told Mister Kayne I didn’t want the internship anymore. Handed my resignation over and told him I was moving out of the city.”

“You didn’t tell me you’d be going.” Liz whined.

“You can have the stuff I left behind. If you don’t want it – fuck. Give it to charity I guess.”
Daniel cast his eyes around, fighting the darkness to see the lonely bridge he stood on. He shifted his black leather coat. Leaned against the cold railing and watched his breath puff in the freezing air. Nearby, his car’s motor hummed idly.

“Baby, why don’t you come home? I’ll ask daddy to get you a job somewhere else. He’ll understand. I want you home.” Liz said. He heard something slam in the background from her end. A jingle and a sudden roar as her new truck awoke like some red dragon.

“I hate your father. He hates me, even.”

“He doesn’t hate you. Dad gave you your phone, remember? Service anywhere. Infinite text and calls – for free!”

“I hate this phone, too.”

“What! Why?” Shock. A little hurt laced through her voice.

“I have no privacy. I’m thinking of throwing it away.”

“Don’t do that! How are we going to talk? How is anyone supposed to get a hold of you?”

“I have a mail address. Even an internet connection.”

“What if you’re not on? Or the mail gets –“

“Catch you later, Lizzy Babe.” Daniel said, tossing the device over his shoulder to plummet down into the water.

Hah hah hah hah hah it is so funny! hah hah hah hah hah I love it! hah hah hah hah hah THERE'S NOT ENOUGH BLEACH TO GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

Hah hah hah hah hah

RPG-D RPGfix
Back