• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Gaming Star Army Guilds

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
Good day all!

I've been pounding a few days already about this, but I wouldn't mind sharing the idea (note its an idea!). But what would everyone think if I made a few guilds/game servers that would ultimately serve the members of Star Army for pleasure and entertainment Of course, I am careful with the name used as it is owned by our fearless leader @Wes, but I thought it could be fun to do some gaming together?

For example, I daily play the following games:
Other games I sometimes play:
  • Division 2
  • Minecraft
I don't mind handing over ownership to a SARP admin if it comes to a point I would (don't think it would ever) for whatever reason leave, or hand it over by creation of it. The goal of the idea is to boost our community or that is at least my intention

I like the idea of Star Army as a gaming guild that does both roleplay on the forum and also games in various game universes, but Star Army is also relatively small and I don't know if we have the membership to support many games. For example Star Army created a Star Trek Online fleet ten years ago and it wasn't able to stay active for long. Also the people who I recruited for Star Army fleet in-game never seemed to join our site. We'also dabbled in shared Minecraft worlds in the past. Also keep in mind that every thing we expand Star Army into has a maintenance cost in terms of having staff/mods there, etc. So basically I'm not against the idea but I'm also skeptical about it being something we can pull off on a long term basis. Maybe it might be better if we have special events instead where we can get everyone in a particular game on a particular date and then go from there based on how successful the game days are.

Mmm understandable, but I would say start small and add if there is interest in it? Plus Minecraft servers are free these days and easy to manages by one or two people. Like I said it’s an idea

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…