• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Star Army New Map

I'm going to go ahead and cut this loose, I haven't really had time or interest to work on it and it looks like it'll only get worse. I guess most are satisfied with the present setting map so this may have been a wasted effort for the most part.

Arieg, you can choose to discontinue your efforts on this. That's your choice, and one I - for one - respect. I do think it'd be a shame, but it's your brainchild. Your call.

But your words aren't fair. Most of the comments you've received were positively-meant constructive feedback. No one here has expressed that it was wasted effort, or that it didn't show a lot of promise... save you.

So, do what you want. but don't put words in our mouths (fingers, keyboard, whatever).

Reactions: Ira
If you wanted to do smaller section maps, I'd be up for you redoing the current Yugumo Cluster map and making it a little more strategic-looking.

Perhaps if you break down the work into something less overwhelming than the whole, entire map, it could work better for your time schedule.

EDIT: I, like Fred, am legally colorblind (though I'm apparently not as bad with colors as he is, yet) so I appreciate the colorblind option with better labeling.

I liked the little flags on the planets for this purpose.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…