• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Star Army on Pinterest

Look, I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Pinterest because of its terrible user controls like changing what your right click does and so on, and because for years its images seemed to dominate Google Image results, forcing you to click through Pinterest hell instead of getting to the source of images, but hey: Star Army needs all the advertising it can get, especially if it's free, that way we can bring in more good players to roleplay with us. In the interest of letting the world know we exist, I've started uploading some of my artwork and artwork commissions as pins on Pinterest.

Here's where you can find them:

I'm asking for your help with this. If you have a Pinterest account, please add some of these Star Army art pins to your collections or relevant collections like "scifi uniforms" and so forth. The other thing you can do is, if you have Star Army art that you want to put on there for people to pin, give me a link and I'll pin it to my Star Army pin collection and fave it.

this might not be an issue, but it may be worth double checking, star army has a copyright and it’s pictures belong to this IP. If you load them onto Pinterest could that pose trouble?

Everything on there is copyrighted. It's basically a scrapbook of sorts.

Basically, you can look at the terms and see if it makes sense to you, but the TLDR is like every site that allows user content it's gonna say "by uploading you're giving us a license/permissions to use the thing you upload." It's pretty standard stuff. We've put Star Army images on Facebook, Twitter, without any issues. I'm not sure why Pinterest would be any different.

As always, respect artists rights' and terms for each image, though. In the rare event that you got a commission and the artist was like "F*** Pinterest, their CEO killed my dog by feeding him Taco Bell, so don't post it there" we would simply not post it there.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back