• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Star-system moving?

Wes said:
The last time millions of transposition cannons were simultaneously fired at a target, it caused a temporal event that altered the timeline (delaying the NDI's development by 300 years).

Posts or it didn't happen.

I thought that the idea was to use the Ayames' weapons in DFC mode rather than TFC mode, so the space-time damage causedd by TFCs wouldn't be an issue. The "temporal incident" occurred as a result of firing lots of TFCs with the intention of ripping apart space-time in the targeted area, while this plan uses Directed Fold Cannons to move an object (in this case a very, very big object, or perhaps several very very big objects if you opt to move the entire star system rather than just the planet) while (preferably) causing as little actual damage to space-time as possible. Unless I am missing something, most of the argument about the technical feasibility of this idea would never have happened if the Ayame's TFC and DFC were listed as two separate weapons rather than two modes of operation of the same weapon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back