• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 188604 [Star Wasp] 2: The Hunt Begins

• Thread starter Thread starter Gunhand4171
  • Start date Start date
Space:
All around the lone container missiles and torpedoes raced and detonated. One missile missed it's target and exploded on a piece of wreckage, which careened into the container, breaching the hull and allowing atmosphere to leak out quickly. The explosive decompression caused the container to drift slowly towards the Necromancer.

SPACE

Errowyn eased out into space with out the fanfare of a big signature and eased into positions, 'listening' on the various chatter going on around her. She spotted the container with the bio-signature and ignored it as she had better things to worry about.

With the first salvo of missiles and torpedoes, she followed them with enough distance to allow them make the first contact and she would exploit the weakness. This was her 'Attack Squadron' as they streaked towards the Mishhu Squid fleet.

With explosions and impacts and the Counter EW being activated, she was like a ghost within all the distractions and explosions. She eased along close to the biggest NMX Ship and as soon as the Armored Launch tubes for the NMX fighters and other crafts to launch. She announced her presence and sent a flurry of missiles right into the launching Mishhu squid fighters launch paths inside the tubes, crippling their offensive/defensive fighter screen.

Anyone flying wing with her could see why she was 'Hellcat' as she flew by, she used her Aether cannons to shoot anything that projected from ship. Antennae's, Turrets, Guns, Pods, Weak spots in the NMX ship's armored hull. With breaches being made from close range. On her second pass, would pop a missile into the gap that been created on her first pass to leave behind explosive decompression geysers erupting in a trail marking her passage.

She had her 'Ace' if needed to vacate the area. It hummed behind her warmed and primed for the jump if needed. In the meantime she began to pick up threat signatures of the NMX Fighters to get rid of her annoying tactic against their main Carrier. She had crippled at least 1/4 of their launch capabilities on her first pass. Plus the mounting minor damages and penetration into the ship proper interrupting the flow of people, signals and supplies by forcing them to go around the damaged sections.

The Ebony Peregrine's Cockpit

"Darn shame," 8-Ball was beginning to say. "I already has a vision of a hot cat-girl with blue hair and yellow eyes..." He began to say in a wistful manner. He apparently ignored the spiteful look from his holographic friend.

"Lets make it a little more interesting," 8-Ball said over the coms as he adjusted his fighter to mirror the ship he was supposed to be protecting. "Loser has to buy the winner a drink in addition to the medal when they get back." He said as the jet black fighters escaped the Necromancer. "Its only fair, since you barely have six fighters against my one." He said with a mischievous grin upon his face.

That was when Aries identified enemy fighters and began diverting power from sensors to shields and weapons. The sad part was the 'weapons' section of this fighter only included targeting because all of his armaments were solid based, not energy based. 8-Ball didn't have the time to dwell on the minor details as he began deftly dodging the innumerable missiles launched by the Necromancer to slaughter the NMX fighters in the first volley.

There were some downsides to being the first vessel in a conflict. "Fortunately for you, I eat monsters for breakfast." Tiberius said confidently as he dodged the last missile while Alastair chimed in with. "Locked on, sir." "I've got tone!" He exclaimed excitedly as he pulled the trigger on four external missiles during his physics defying maneuver to obliterate the skirmisher fighters. The sad part was that those fighters were the ones who didn't cross 8-Ball's path. Any fighter that had the misfortune to cross the Ebony Peregrine's path were quickly dealt with by a stream of fire originating from twin cannons that shredded enemy fighters to pieces.

Aries surveyed the fight calling out what damage was done to what and what she was diverting power to. "We aren't as fast as these NMX fighters so I'm diverting some power from weapons to your thrusters so that you can keep up. Missles are projected to heavily damage the target and kill the pilot. The ship however will not be destroyed. 8-ball you are approaching a cluster of fighters I recomend changing course."
Aries looked over to Alastair. "Though jokes aside I would not mind dating."

Last edited:
:: SPACE - '5' ::

Hellcat soon was in a mix of Mishu Fighters, With her close to the hull of their carrier they withheld their shots incase they fired on their own floating home base ship. Wher eshe had free reign with her Aether cannon fire as she continued to rip into the NMX Carrier and now out maneuvering the enemy fighters. She tore into the unlucky ones, vaporizing them or sending them incapacitated tumbling from through space to be dealt with later.

~~ "On Six"~~ one of the voices spoke up calmly as the threat computer registered the target lock. Errowyn jinked all over the area to break the lock. She deployed defensive measures and broke the lock as she took out another defensive turret in blazing glory and geyser of molten metal and burning organics.

~~Any rippers yet?~~ Errowyn thought/spoke to her ghost sisters as she flew erratically, watching the NMX fighters miss and hit their own Carrier ship, adding to the damage she was still causing.

~~ "None" ~~ Same one spoke again.

~~ "Ambush is being set up on blind side, 1/4 from rear of ship" Another voice spoke up.

Errowyn realized she was being herded into the ambush as she turned her craft prematurely and flew through the withering fire of the enemy fighters. Her shield flared from impact as she darted through and over the Carrier into the rear of the still maneuvering Enemy Ambushers to adjust to her sudden departure from being herded. She fired pouring Aether energy into nearest fighter and watched it explode as she continued to zip around underneath the Carrier, letting them sort out the cluster of fighters trying to maneuver through each other. Those chasing and those maneuvering.

Errowyn activated her jump generator for a small jump, To get out of the fray to let her shields recharge back to full strength after that run through the gauntlet to escape from being herded.

Stars, ships blinked out and blinked in again. This time Necromancer was the closest ship in space. Errowyn killed the shield emitters to let the shield generators recharge and cool down as she radioed ahead for a reload of missiles and standard defensive load-out.

The Tengu's Cockpit / The Top of the Necromancer

"Tch... damn if they barely gave me enough time! Stupid Mishu bastards!"

The mecha pilot cursed, his cockpit lacking the traditional smoke one would see if he were on a normal planet from all his smoking. His suit had been fully enclosed and prepared by now, his helmet glimmering as he worked the controls and the machine shifted atop the large ship and took proper grip of the larger weapon he'd been given. The thick armor and the Junker had been brought up and the machine had set about to ensuring it was secure, but that didn't mean he felt any bit better about his job. Especially as missiles left-over missiles and directed attacks flew threw the ensuing dogfight toward the ship. Were he not in the vacuum of space, the sound of the gun warming up certainly would have been loud enough to hear... but he had to instead opt to enjoy the view of the attacks failing in a flurry of rounds. The Tengu was built to handle weaponry like this, so using it wasn't even a sweat as his eyes viewed the controls and display.

A stray Mishu craft came into sight just long enough for him to smirk beneath his helm, the stripped down Garuda firing its shoulder cannon and nailing its underbelly. Even with the fight so far away, his mecha's main cannon was more than enough to assist the pilots and more than strong enough to smack the hell out of any craft it hit. Being positioned atop the ship meant that he didn't even have to worry about the strange part of void combat. But it did give him time to identify something among the wreckage floating toward the Necromancer, the man ceasing his rampage of bullets for all but a moment.

"Looks like some pod is drifting toward the Necromancer... someone better get out here and claim it!"

His voice had called out over the comms for all but a moment, the war veteran ignoring the pod for now to resume his point-defense and assisting shots. The Junker could no doubt retrieve the pod on its way back from the top, but there wasn't anything he could do. If he stopped long enough to retrieve the pod, whatever it might be, there'd only be a bigger problem for their ride out of there.

SPACE >

The NMX ship seemed quote out of position, the rest of the NMX contacts started grouping up throughout the system, starting to form a loose ball of ships.

The NMX ship under attack, however, did not turn to join the rest of its fleet. The pillager class ship would have to twist so that the top was pointing towards the incoming missiles as it banked away at a slight angle, trying to maximize its point defense fire. This brought it further away from the rest of the NMX fleet. The barrage of missiles was quickly cut down in size, only for the last two to streak through followed by Hellcat herself, the explosions tearing off the point defense turrets along the top of the ship. Secondary explosions took out the fighter launch bay in the rear of the craft, after it had launched a handful of fighters.

At that point the ship had to roll onto its side to bring more weapon turrets to aim at Hellcat, quickly dropping her shields with accurate close range fire right before she made her escape.

There were a handful of enemy battlepods near the Necromancer itself, most of which were busy being blown apart by the hail of missiles launched by 8-Ball, or the point defense fire coming from Ronin's mecha.

The Hounds were also assisting, moving in groups of two and volley-firing their own missiles against battlepods that strayed too close to the Necromancer itself... their leader was all to happy to accept 8-Ball's terms for their bet, but for the moment she was busy barking orders at her squad, yelling at them to stay in line and not be pulled out of position by the battlepods.

----

Necromancer>

"Sir!" The sensors operator called. "That distress beacon is on the move, transferring track to Tactical."

The XO nodded. "I got it. It is a pod of some kind and it is moving fast... too fast." He looked to Werner. "I advise blowing out the sky with our CIWS."

Werner lokked about the room. Then he looked to Raphael. "Admiral, this is your show. What do you want us to do?"

Raphael looked thoughtful for a moment. "Helmsman, have we completed our turn?" He asked.

The Helmsman nodded. "Aye sir."

Raphael looked to Vier. "Vier, if we going to catch that pod where do we need to be? I want to catch it with the port side hanger." He asked, looking over at her.

"I will have my drone prepare to receive the pod in that hanger." Vier replied, letting her Junker drone move into position, building itself a rather large catcher's mit using some of the metal scraps still laying about.

Raphael turned to the Tactical station. "Commander, what is the pods trajectory?" He asked

The XO nodded and drew a line across his console. On the large display it showed the path of the pod.

"Helmsman, turn 90 degrees to starboard, and put us on an intercept trajectory. I want this as smooth as possible." Raphael ordered. He turned then to the Comm operator. "Comms, get me Security."

"Aye sir." She replied linking the call.

"Security, Bridge." Raphael said as he was linked in.

"Bridge, Security. What can I do for you Admiral?" The Security chief asked.

"Chief, I need a full squad in the port hanger bay. We are receiving that pod... at high speed. Keep your men at the airlock, as soon as we recieve the package, secure the area. I will be down shortly." Raphael said looking at the map plot, watching as the pod neared.

"Roger that Admiral." The Chief said, terminating the link.

"Sir, maneuver complete. We are on course." The Helmsman said.

Werner looked impressed. "Well done Admiral. Head down and meet our guest. I will handle things from here."

Raphael nodded and stood up. "Captian, you have the deck." He said walking past the saluting guard. He moved quickly and suited up in his new set of power armor, seeing as the last one was a wreck. He then moved and meet up with the security team.

Werner watched the display. Sevral minutes later the pod was coming up fast. The XO started a countdown. "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... Impact!" He said as the pod flew threw the hanger and slammed into Vier's makeshift net. The net strecthed to its limit, then the pod fell to the deck with thud.

"Move, move, move!" Raphael called as he and the security team moved in and surrounded the pod.

The junker drone would quickly move up and start disassembling the front of the pod, removing the metal in the way under the assumption that whatever was inside had already lost most of the atmosphere keeping it alive.

As the junker drone tore down the front of the pod it revealed the interior of the container. An Origin gekido mecha painted white with orange highlights bore a label on the left side of it's chest piece. The label read LNC-01T. Beside the mecha lay a stasis capsule whose indicator lights showed that it was occupied.

The large mechanical spider would suspend itself over the mecha for just a moment, glowing green eyes moving over the surface before determing that it was indeed deactivated. The drone would then move over to the other pod. The green eyes would examine this as well, the tendrils extending out from the main body starting to unfasten the control panel on the pod so that the drone could directly connect and begin the wake-up cycle.

Slowly, he woke up. Sensations; bright light and hectic noises assaulted his senses. He could partially make out a figure standing over him. As he tried to process the situation he was unable cobble a sentence together before his overworked brain gave out and he toppled to the ground, revealing the implant in the base of his spine.

Raphael looked over his soldiers. "Corpman!" He called. Several medics ran over and brought out a stretcher. They quickly scooped the man up and began wheeling him towards the medical wing also known as blue deck. Raphael looked back to several of the Security members. "You four guard him. The rest of you get this damn thing out of the way of the flight deck. Lock it down." He said moving to follow the medics. "Vier, Raph. Meet me in blue deck ASAP." He ordered.

-----

The Sphere

The NMX ships were quickly gathering together, a fleet of 15 Pillagers, creating a sphere of ships around their fleet's two carriers Directly behind this sphere was a group of anti-ship Bomber Pods that were being launched from the two carriers, forming a giant wall formation several kilometers across directly behind the fleet.

The ships had formed multiple overlapping walls of point defense weapons, flying close to them would be a deathtrap...

The Pillagers would then launch their first wave of torpedos towards the ship, everyone's HUD lighting up with priority targets as the wave of 90 fast moving missiles accelerated towards their targets.

-----

Space

The hound squadron would break off from engaging the battlepods near the ship, their leader using a very firm tone to give orders, "Hounds, This is what we're here for. Everyone take a target from the priority target pool and engage!"

The list of priority targets available would drop considerably, as each squadron member took 'ownership' of some of the incoming torpedoes, firing off their own missiles and setting them on an intercept course...

----

Necromancer, Bridge>

"It would seem that we may not need your help contacting the I'ee...." Vier said, holding out the juice boxes for the two I'ee on the bridge, "I was worried we may have had to deal with convincing them not to shoot at us, but it looks like the NMX have that covered.

Captain, We have the required information regarding enemy fleet strength, I would recommend we withdraw for now.

Necromancer, Bridge>

The two Ee'ith ambassadors looked quite concerned when battle abruptly broke out, chattering and whining to each other with concern as they watched the commotion on the bridge. When Vier approached them with the offered juice cartons, the two I'ee squeaked and clustered around her, for once not too enticed by juice.
"Miss, will your people be alright?", Sammy squeaked with concern, with his sister speaking up just after him. "I'm scared, Miss." The two wasps kept up their back-and-forth barrage of nervous questions, apparently quite concerned about the safety of the Necromancer and its team.

The Ebony Peregrine's Cockpit

"Aw, that's sweet." 8-Ball said in a teasing manner, but at the same genuinely finding the sentiment endearing. "You better ask her out properly when this is over Alastair." The AI appeared and opened his mouth to give a response when he was interrupted by 8-Ball. "Hellcat is about to get lit up." The pilot could see the solo pillager NMX ship turning to bring all of their turrets to bare against Hellcat, even after her short jump. "8-Ball to Hellcat, I am about to set you up to take down that pillager, over."

Space

The Ebony Peregrine broke off from its next attack run and realigned itself to target the pillager ship that was lining itself up to attack Hellcat. The ship immediately fired one of the six GIM-2 Missiles outfitted with Long Range Enhanced Radiation Warhead that immediately sped up to hyperspace speeds at the pillager. The warhead should devastate the ship's shields, affording Hellcat the opportunity to turn that ship into Swiss cheese. It also had the added bonus of potentially knocking out the electronic systems of the ship (like the systems currently targeting Hellcat).

Several seconds later the HUD began blinking with nearly 100 torpedoes being fired the Necromancer. Tiberius pulled up on his yoke to align himself with the path of the missiles. "Time for a hail mary Alastair." He said as his HUD immediately began targeting the the obscene amount of torpedoes heading towards the Necromancer. "We've got tone sir." Alastair said and 8-Ball immediately pulled the trigger. "Firing!" The first of the Ebony Peregrine's 805mm containers began to launch an equally obscene amount of mini-missiles. Streaks of exhaust from the mini-missiles reached from the fighter towards the torpedoes. "Aries, counter measures, now!" He was referring to any one of the eight, 120mm containers full of advanced countermeasures. He hoped that any missile not detonated by the screen of mini-missiles would be struck down by his Gauss Gatling cannons or at least defeated by the countermeasures.

"Releasing." Aries deployed the countermeasures as ordered but aimed a heavier round at a large chunk of debris so it would break apart and act as a screen between the ship and further missiles.

:: '5' Kawarime / Necromancer ::

Errowyn sighed and hoped she had time to reload with missiles. But it was just Aether cannons this time round for the incoming torpedoes. She did the quick calculations and using her tactical computer, lined up her shots and sent blazing aether destructive energy into the torpedoes. Once in taking care of her sector of torpedoes. She headed back to the 'Barn' (hanger).

She began to go through the data gotten in the run against the Pillager as she was transferred to another hanger as the Primary was occupied with the latest arrival.

"8-Ball I can't keep this power output up much longer I advise redocking and refitting. Apparently we have a guest."

Necromancer Bridge...

"Contacts!" The Sensor Operator called. He quickly tapped away showing the formation of NMX units. "Captian..." The man said in shock.

Werner cursed. "Move us into maximum range for the main guns. Let hammer away at that formation. He tapped his comm unit. opening a private channel with Raph. "Raphael, we have found the enemy formation. There are a lot of contacts. What do you want us to do?" He asked.

Raphael was silent for a moment. "Recall all of our assets. We have got what we came for. Lay down suppressive fire for our units while they return to the ship." He ordered. "I am on my way up." He said cutting the line.

Werner nodded. "Comms, open a squadron wide channel."

"Aye sir." She said making the various connections. She nodded to Werner when the process was complete.

"All units, this is Necromancer Actual. I am ordering all units back to the ship. Do not engage any targets, I repeat do not engage. We will cover you with our main batteries. Stay clear of the fire. Necromancer Actual out." He ordered as he looked back to his Helmsman. "Are we oriented properly for a full barrage?"

The Helmsman smirked. "I started moving when I heard of a full broadside."

"Good man." Werner said nodding. "Commander?" He asked without looking.

"Sir, we have reached maximum weapons range. I have the 'Sniper Canisters' loaded and ready to rock." The XO said with an almost primal grin.

Werner returned the man's grin. "Fire at will! Begin full barrage!" He said as the ship began vibrating from the strength of the quad and dual railguns. The fire rained out from the ship at a rate of 96 shots a minute from the ship. The fire began striking at the shields of the Pillagers on the outside of the formation. Those fighters and bombers who strayed into the path of the projectiles were not as lucky, being torn to shreds in a matter of seconds. Werner looked back at his XO. "Make sure our CIWS is prepared to take out any tangos attempt to engage our assets." Werner said as the fire continued to rock the ship.

Space

Tiberius was busy depressing the trigger on his Gatling Cannons to destroy several missiles that broke through when Aries deployed the countermeasures. She even fired one into a large chunk of debris to add additional coverage. "Nice moves Aries!" He said approvingly, as Alastair agreed. "Most exceptional performance." Aries then recommended that they head back to the Necromancer to refit due to performance issues. "But we're not done yet!" 8-Ball gritted his teeth until Aries mentioned something about the crew having a guest. "Guest, what guest?"

At about that time, Necromancer Actual came over the coms and directed all fighters to return to the ship. 8-Ball muttered a curse under his breath before opening up a line to the ship. "Necromancer Actual, this is 8-Ball, returning to base now." He didn't bother trying to hide his annoyed tone as he directed his ship towards the Necromancer. "Aries, divert all power to the engines. Lets get out of here."

"Other than minimal requirerments to all other systems all power has been diverted to engines. Also thank you for the compliment." She was obviously avoiding the questin about the guest as she didn't want to reveal the signature that she read ooff of the cryo capsule. "So they're still at it."She muttered to herself.

Last edited:
Inside the Ebony Peregrine

"Don't thank me," 8-Ball said with a grin on his face. "Thank Alastair. He gave me the idea. He's just too shy to admit it." He could see Alastair's blue holographic head glaring at him. "I think you two will make a cute couple." 8-Ball added, noticing a tinge of purple appearing on Alastair's cheeks.

Space>

The limping NMX ship would again turn, exposing its side towards the Ebony Pergrine, using its point defense weapons to start chewing through the incoming barrage of missiles, torpedoes exiting the forward facing launchers on the wings and snap turning towards the barrage, each detonation wiping out scores of missiles.

The GIM-2 missile would end up streaking past these, because they were in-system its FTL drive wouldn't be able to take it any closer to the NMX ship. The enemy's point defense fire focusing on the closer missile's first, letting the larger GIM slip through and detonate right besides its target.

For those watching, it would look like little more than a single quick twinkle.

But for the crew on the inside of the ship, it would be the last bright light they ever see, visible even through the skin of the ship, the lethal radiation causing crew members on that side of the craft to simple fall over. The ship simply flying straight forward now without changing course.

“That only counts as one!” Hazel said over the all hands channel, her squadron desperate to keep up with the other two pilots.

Necromancer Hanger

As Hellcat's Kawarime came into the hanger, it would find a Junker drone waiting for it... the massive mechanical spider lifting itself up on one leg, two more extending outward to gently grip the fighter in a soft magnetic field, spinning it around in place as its final leg grabbed a pack of missiles, attacking them to the underside of the fighter. It took only moments for the reload to be finished, and the Junker would then give the fighter a gentle push towards the exit before scurrying over to one of the Hound squadron's fighters that were coming in for reload as well.

If you're in range of the enemy...

As soon as the Necromancer came within range of the NMX fleet, the NMX fleet came within range of the Necromancer, the pillagers starting to open fire with their main cannons, powerful blue beams making their way through space. At this range it was mostly luck of the draw what would hit... but what the NMX lacked in precision they made up for in sheer numbers, the beams starting to crack through the ship's shields, digging burning scorch marks on the hull near the engines and near where Ronin's mecha was stationed.

Then they would fire a truly staggering number of missiles and torpedoes, projectiles leaving from each of the hundred or so launchers on the pillagers, and the thousands of bomberpods. Each launch was staggered so that the torpedoes and missiles would head out in one massive wave.... followed closely by a trio of gunboats launched from the carrier.

Then the rest of the NMX fleet arrived, another carrier and its squadrons of pillagers appearing at the edge of the star system. This group started heading at high speed towards the closest exit point for the Neromancer, eager to cut off its escape.

Bridge

Vier would helpfully provide the best course out of the system, heading as directly away from both fleets as possible while minimizing the time it would take them to reach the system's edge and use their FTL drives. It would also maximize the amount of time their point defense weapons had to shoot down the incoming projectiles.

As this went on, Vier would place the juice boxes she had down in front of the two I'ee, and attempt to calm them by stroking their heads with her hand,

“Do not worry, we have the situation well in hand,” she said, ignoring the data to the contrary.

:: 5 / Kawarime: Hanger of the Necromancer ::

With the recall of fighters to the ship of the Necromancer. She reversed thrust to move back into the bay away from the launch point into space. She stayed buttoned up within her Kawarime till either Necromancer disengaged from battle or she was forced to launch would determine her future.

Bridge

The two Ee'ith still seemed too distressed at the battle outside to focus on the simple pleasures of fruit juice, pressing closer to Vier and accepting the caress of her hands with soft, nervous whimpers.

Outer Graveyard

Rather awkwardly, the NMX fleet's chase after the Necromancer was interrupted by the arrival of a small I'ee fleet. Apparently having dropped out of FTL speed to avoid crashing headlong into the battle, six boat-shaped vessels appeared in a loose, horizontal line. Their arrival was heralded with bright, sunflower yellow bursts of energy, released into the NMX fleet in a hap-hazard spray, eating through pod and pillager alike; disabling one of the larger ships and eating some of the fighters entirely.

For a moment, there was a sad, awkward pause as the small, I'ee convoy and its escort of twelve gunships sat in the middle of the NMX fleet, before they all leapt into action as one. The six cogs, all cargo ships travelling on some errand now rendered unimportant, swerved in all directions, trying to angle their curved, armoured undersides towards the enemy whilst flying for the nearest patch of empty space on the horizon. At the same time, their turrets and broadside cannons swivelled, firing at the NMX fleet in a panic, while the gunships tried vainly to chase down the battlepods.

It was only a few moments before every single one of the gunships had been torn to shreds, and the desperately fleeing cogs were already showing signs of severe damage. One of the cargo vessels, its starboard engine damaged by enemy fire, swerved out of control, forcing the pillagers in its path to scatter or risk being crushed by its bulk.

Last edited:
Space

"What only counts as 0-oh-h-holy shit!" 8-Ball said with a gleeful giggle as he looked back to find the NMX Pillager he fired at to be void of life. He didn't even try to suppress the ear to ear grin on his face as he turned his attention back to his flight path. "That is definitely a tie-breaker!" He called over the radio to Hellcat and the one he dubbed 'Head Hound'.

The Ebony Peregrine found its way inside the hanger of the Necromancer moments later. She was just behind the Kawarime and Alastair was already communicating with the automated droids to begin rearming the spent missiles and counter-measure containers. All the while 8-Ball awaited further orders.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…