• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [Star Wasp] We're going to need a bigger boat.

Zack

Inactive Member
Just as the title says, we're going to need some bigger ships if we want to take on the NMX. There also aren't a lot of options to choose from when it comes to building a battlefleet if you don't make all the equipment yourself.

If anyone has any opinions on what they'd like to see for 188604-specific-gear say so here.

I was thinking of doing something else, like converting an existing freighter into a battleship

Or creating an updated version of an older design that the crew has access to like an updated FA4

Or we could just use modified I'ee ships.

Ace could do the freighter thing he does know how to convert stuff he is building a ship from scrapyard parts back at his main staging area

Need better Power Armors I would say or at least upgraded Impulse armors. Also better weapons than we've got. Don't think Corgan's shotgun or HHG will do much to a Mishu.

Nepleslia gives out surplus starship hulls to the Free State as part of the protectorate treaty. Arccos and Truffleclub could probably get their hands on some of those through barter, then cram them full of SCIENCE.

Depending on Uso/Errowyn's talks. She has her Daisy. Just sandblasted is all and needs a good cleaning from the dust accumulated.. More likely Errowyn will fight from her fighter craft.

Well, what happened to the original talks of guerrilla warfare? Could 188604 really hope to go toe-to-toe with the mishu in a pitched battle, or would it make more sense to build smaller, faster vessels? Both of the suggestions you made are good ones, but I could see the Taishita as making a better light carrier, perhaps?

Spacer stealth technologies like prism-shield sails could certainly be fitted to a number of non-conventional ships. On a smaller scale, "Finagle's revenge" recoiless rifles could also be produced with bi-pods, so that I'ee can form two-bug anti-power armor support teams.

ICly, Uso doesn't have a battle plan yet. She's sending the fleet ahead to find out what they are up against so they can come up with a plan.

But eventually, we're going to have to commit to a large fight. The end goal is to have a fleet that can take on and win against the NMX whatever that may be.

Of course there is certainly room for guerrilla tactics in the mean time.

As far as Finagles revenges go, we should bring that up ICly and arm some I'ee with huge cannons!

Are you still looking for ships?

As I offered, Junket-Three, earlier is available for us if needed. It is already pre-armed and we could modify it from a light freighter to a heavily armed gunboat.

OK, going to try and address everyone:

@Dumont Do you have any interest in playing out Arrcos speaking with the Nepleslians about getting some old ship hulls? That might be a fun JP, and we could have Gunhand play the Nepleslians.

@LittleWasp We already need to JP about a few things, perhaps we should have the Cog come up in that JP? We could try outfitting one with some weapons!

@Primitive Polygon How would you feel about putting some of this spacer gear on the Cog's provided by the I'ee? It might be fun to have a ship design that uses parts sourced from the Spacers, I'ee and Uso's connections?

@Kevin What weapons and such does Junket-Three have? I can help with making a wiki page for it. We could also do a JP (or an SP discussion) with Uso and 8-ball regarding what weapons and equipment the ship has.

Conceptually, I'm up for it.

But what exact source did you have in mind, Zack? The Lament can produce pretty much any armaments in the spacer's back catalog once it's up and running, but it will obviously take a while to outfit such a sheer number of vessels on its own. It would be marginally slower for a random travelling tramp mothership, mind, since that has its own fleet to look after.

On the other hand, contacting one of the bigger sub-factions that have currently arisen would probably be a conflict of interest, since they are kind of insular. Contacting a mercenary group is a potentially troublesome, but viable, third option.

Ironically, this is the opposite of the problem that Yamatai had; Being a headless state, there is no one person that you can just phone up and talk to.

Well, I'm sure the White Lament could produce its own fleet of ships given enough time and raw materials... but right now all we really have is raw materials, the longer we delay the more I'ee get killed.

The I'ee have ships, but they don't have any really useful weapons or shields on them.

I was thinking of having the I'ee bring their ships to the White Lament. Then the White Lament could bolt on some weapons and shields.

Uso can get her hands on a lot of stuff, and she's going to be trying to outfit as many civillian and I'ee ships with weapons as possible too.

Alright, that's fair enough.

It's not like I can be protective of technology that hasn't updated in six-eight years IRL, heh.

Just let me know if you want some kind of JP of people discussing it in character. ;I

If you don't want us to put Spacer stuff on I'ee ships that is perfectly OK. I just thought it'd be really cool to see a ship that isn't uniquely one faction.

A few things that are being worked on:

Trying to get a fleet page together with art for all of the existing ships. We have a few quick doga arts ready for some of the ships

Queen's Slave

8-Ball's Ship, Junket-Three

I'ee Space Station

Mad Max (Crazy Corgan? Ridiculous Raphael? Angry Arccos? Unbareable Uso?)

Queen's Harem <-- Probably going to scrap this one, but I do like the idea of a large freighter for the gang to use.

On a side note, we're going to need transportation around the planet soon. Would people be interested in an updated K4 tank? or some new APC thing?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back