• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Starchan Imageboards to be Decommissioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to do away with the StarChan Imageboards for a variety of reasons, including the following:

-They are used very rarely
-They are the riskiest area on the site (not even a login is needed), meaning they require extra moderation to make sure people aren't uploading bad content.
-They consume a lot of bandwidth but don't bring more players to the site.
-Starchan.com is expiring and I have no money and need a new car and a wedding.
-They are unnecessary because we can upload images onto the forums or wiki.

The boards will be deleted within the next couple of days. Grab the pictures you want ASAP.

I don't suppose there is any way for users to save copies old art stored on StarChan now that it's already offline?

If it's currently in use, then save it to your computer and re-upload it to the wiki.

If not, you can request the art and I should probably be able to retrieve it.

I've saved practically everything from the Char Art board, and the relevant stuff on the Random board.

Other boards to follow. Can we get an exact expiration date?

Maybe around 10pm tonight.

Okay, finally found how to upload images to the wiki, and accidentally loaded one to that "do not load area" (didn't notice that the "save as" changed when I selected my file).

How do you delete files loaded into the wiki, like if you want to replace a file with an updated version? Or if you upload into the wrong area?

I can delete stuff for you. Right now, there's no way for users to do it.

Okay. Well, after a test on the wiki, I found I need to make the background of my banner transparent, so both the copy of "horizonskeybanner.gif" in the Key's namespace and the mis-loaded copy can be deleted.

Thank you.

Why not just link the transparent one used on the forums?

Because I didn't know it was there...I've been using the "View New Posts" to get to that forum when I need to. Nevermind ^_^;

Okay, Starchan is no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back