• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Starships and objects with shields better than their hulls

Following the present DR system, all you need is a ship with the latest shield systems, but relatively light hull.

For example, Durandium has 60% of the resilience the default values (yamataium) offer. So a cruiser (base 30) armored in 'lighter' Durandium gets to 18 SP instead. It's shielding, by comparison, would usually be 30/3. So yeah, there are cases where the shielding is tougher than the hull overall.

The chelti Kalahan frigate is armored with paper and its shields are only on par with its hull, but it might be similar to what you're looking for. Its primary survival method is speed, numbers, and damage control teams.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=members:jimmy:sandbox:chelti:kalahan_voidfrigate

See here for how it might work in combat. This was a test match with Ira's 6ARP rules.

stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/index.php?threads/the-junk-war.9184

Progress is on hold while I work on more important pages, but I can rush it to NTSE if you have need of it. Forgiveness for the full links, still learning how to manipulate the link controls for these new forums.

Ah. A big thing that's stopped me from working on actual object submissions recently is the balancing and stats: I'm struggling to make heads or tails of the SP system (there's no sense on what averages are on units, what's considered above or below average, since all stats are basically relative for the sake of comparison).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back