• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Street War] Raising the Stakes

Tom

The giant ID-SOL walked the streets, his heavy footsteps ringing on the metal sewage grates.

"I'm thirsty as hell."

The neon light to Larry's General invited the hulking man. He smacked his lips in anticipation.

"I fucking need a drink after that fiasco earlier."

His thoughts travelled back to the disaster that was the mansion investigation. His buddies were all injured and Wazu had to be checked in to the hospital. But the ID-SOL made sure that his friend was treated without charge. Connections and muscle have a great way of working together.

"Still, they're really good at what they do. We found ourselves a good group this time, didn't we? Wait... who the fuck am I talking to?"

He let our a bellowing laugh as he opened the door to the general store.

"Good thing nobody was around to hear that smarmy shit... I'd have..."

The ID-SOL's eyes widened in the split second that he saw the decapitated head of Larry staring at him from the counter.

Click.

The explosion could be heard from miles away.

Wazu was overlooking the crater that used to be the general store, "This could be a setback.â€

After a few moments, Jet walked up, having hurried over from where he was, a couple blocks away making a few...friends in low places. "Well damn doesn't this just suck?" he asked, walking up behind Wazu. "Looks like there's nothing left at all." He said. "Hey I need to go take a leak I'll be back in a few minutes." Jet said and headed off after a moment.

Once he was alone be pulled out a communicator and punched in Davis' number through a secured frequency. "come on CO pick up..." he muttered and groaned whenhe got the voice mail instead. "This is Endurain reporting in. We've managed to penetrate and establish some rapport but nothing major yet. Our contact has just met an unfortunate accident involving a crater making explosion." He report through to the Admiral. "Endurain out." he said and flicked it off.

He returned to Wazu and groaned. "Well this is definately a setback, what should we do now genius?"

Wazu paused for a while, "What was the name of Deisel's contact? He called someone for help during the chain attack. Deisel's data may still be on his datapad even after the explotion. Lets get ahold of that before we do anything else."

Wazu then turned to head into the rubble of the exploded store to look for Diesel and hopefully a mostly intact datapad or something that could be salvaged.

Near a pile of rocks layed a datapad with an emblem of the Blacks on it. The screen was busted, but the data could be extracted by other means.

Apart from the rubble, Diesel was nowhere to be seen. There were no signs of life as people in the area had long abandoned itl.

Wazu picked it up and started to take off the casing on the device to get at the memory inside of it which he could put inside of his own data pad.

The phone contained the phone numbers of several people that were not familiar. It also had a partially-damaged file: an overhead display of a building deep in the northern part of the slums. Unfortunately, the text accompanying the picture was all garbled.

"Jet, go find this place and take some pictures of it. See what you can find out." Wazu then tried the first number that he recovered. "Hello, I am calling on behalf of Deisel. There has been an incident."

The other side of the phone picked up.

"Yeah? Things are a bit fucked up right now. Who is this?"

"We need to meet someplace safe," James said, trying to imitate those mafiaesqe badass voices that he had heard in fictional media.

"First, you need to tell me who you are. I'm not recognizing this phone ID on my side. Maybe you know Diesel, maybe you don't. Anyway, I can't trust what I can't see. If you got something to prove your association with us, take a picture of it with your phone's built-in camera and send it my way. Then we'll talk. Oh, and if you're not one of us, you best forget this number and any other numbers you may have found... if you know what I mean."

"Ciao."

The phone hung up.

Wazu took a quick snapshot of the black emblem with his datapad and then sent it to the number he had just called.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back