• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Street War] The color of blood

Tyler

Inactive Member
After the first night, Jet had woken up early, not sleeping all that well; then again he usually didn't sleep that well lately, which probably explained a lot. But in any case, he had up and headed out, pulling his coat on and headed out to go get some coffee and was now on his way back.

The sun had not risen, but the sky was hinting at dawn within the hour. It was light enough to see outside without too much difficulty, but the street lamps had turned off to save energy. A large figure waved its hand at Jet as it came into view. It was Diesel.

"Hmmm" Jet looked over noticing the hand waving and headed on over after looking around for a moment to make sure nobody else was around, still sipping at his coffee. "Whatcha need Diesel?" he asked.

"Hey Dante," Diesel said when he reached the recruit, turning to walk alongside him. "A bit early to be up, isn't it?"

"Not for me, I'm usually up before dawn anyway....bad dreams...memories...whatever." He shrugged, sipping at the beverage to stay warm. "You're up early too."

"I don't sleep much--comes with the body. Always a bit jittery." The ID-SOL said. "Hey, you said you were good with a gun, right? Well, I got something for you to do."

"Yeah I'm your gun-man." Dante said with a nod. "What do you need me to do? Whack someone for not payin their protection money?" He joked, smirking a bit.

"Not that easy," Diesel said, unusually muted for such a large man. "We got a bit of a problem and I'm going to need some backup."

The young gunner looked around for a moment before looking back at Diesel. "What happened?" he asked, pausing to sip the coffee again and pulled his jacket about him tighter as a chill breeze blew through.

A long sigh escaped the lips of the mobster. "Damn prostitute got her ass killed when she went a bit too close to the border area. She was gunned down by some reds in a hit and run." He laughed bitterly. "She probably tried to pick them up when they stopped their car. Any Red would've noticed her marks as our property. I thought we had an agreement to treat the border as neutral territory, but that's all done now. Something's up and I don't like the sound of it."

Dante nodded. "I see. Is it possible they were acting on their own? Drunk, hammered, whatever?" He asked, his countence telling of a thoughtful man. "That's troubling none the less...."

"Probably some young punks such as yourself. Usually I'd do this alone, but I want you to come with me so I can show you what happens to punks who think that just cause they got the outfit they can do whatever they want." The ID-SOL took out a cigarette, lit it and took a long drag, passing it to Jet. "By now their bosses heard what happened and the kids are probably dead. They also know that we got to answer with some of their blood. It's the law of the streets."
"There ain't no forgive and forget in this business."

He passed up the cigarette. "No thanks man, I make it a rule not smoke before noon, it screws up my day if I do." He said and nodded in agreement. "So you want me to help ya knock off a few of their guys huh? Sounds simple enough, but shit like this usually ain't." Dante said and finished off his coffee and crunched the cup and dumped it into a trashcan.

The ID-SOL paused reflectively, a wistful expression on his face. "It's never easy to kill a man. Don't get me wrong, we hate the Reds cause they're a bunch of fuckers, but it's not all black and white. The man we're gonna kill probably had nothing to do with this. He's just collateral damage on behalf of the organization. He's got friends, maybe some family, and now he's going to die because of some other asshole who thought his dick was as big as his ego. You're gonna learn something important tonight--that you're a part of something bigger now, and you can't just go do shit on your own, cause your friends are going to pay for your mistakes."

"That I agree with, it's not easy to kill another man." he said. Jet nodded in agreement with the big ID-SOL and looked thoughtful for a moment again. "You can't just turn your back on the larger group just to sate your own personal needs or there will be reprocussions correct?" He asked Diesel. "So how're we gonna do this? face-to -face or snipe'em from afar?"

The pair stopped at a Kiosk on a corner. Diesel opened the door, then rummaged through the darkness. "You're going to cover me. What are you good with?"

"I'm good with handguns and sniper rifles." Jet said, looking around the kiosk for a moment.

"All right then. Catch." Out of the darkness flew a Zen Armaments .45 Caliber Pistol. A box of ammo followed shortly after. It took only a few moments before the ID-SOL exited the kiosk holding a Type 28 submachinegun.

He caught the gun and spun it with one finger and into a spare holster on his left thigh and smoothly caught the ammo as well and stashes a couple magazines in the deep pockets of his coat. "Zen made. nice." He said.

"Just make sure you shoot to kill. We're going to head west where the incident happened. There will probably be a few Reds there. They can't just let us go killing their men, but it's ironic... they're the one's we're probably going to wack."

"So go ahead and blast them too if they try to stop us right?"he asked and checked the gun for a moment and pulled the slide back, inspected it and put it away satisfied. "Alright, lead the way and I'll cover ya"

"Shoot first is what I always say. We may be outnumbered. Let's go." Diesel started to jog.

"not a problem." Jet said and started to jog after Diesel, keeping a hand on one of his guns, ready to react when he needs to.

It took some fifteen to twenty minutes to get there. Had the soldier been a civilian, he'd probably had been winded by now. The ID-SOL, however, was a genetically-engineered machined, and Nepleslia's fitness training was top notch. The two dodged through alleyways and abandoned streets as well as areas that were just beginning to awaken for the day. Diesel took no care to conceal his weapon and anyone who saw the two jogging by quickly retreated. The border area itself was a wasteland of wrecked cars and trash... a place in the city that few dared to enter. Those foolish enough were usually the target of multiple gangs. Diesel slowed down. "Ok kid, keep your eyes peeled."

Jet nodded drawing a gun slowly and keeping it at the ready but aimed at the ground, moving like a cat, keeping his eyes open for the slighted sign of trouble. "Junkyard huh perfect place for being left alone for a moment." he thought.

The ID-SOL seemed to enter another world as his adrenaline kicked in. He was silent, his head swinging around, looking at every possible point of attack. "Something's brewing... get ready..." he spat out. The street the two men walked on was rowed on both sides with cars, it seemed unnatural. The ID-SOL continued to look around as he walked the center of the street. The Nepleslian soldier could tell something was amiss.

Jet looked around at the cars, his eyes darting around cautiously scanning them. "It's an ambush I believe, look at how the street is rowed. There's no telling if there could be Reds in there waiting for us to get in too far to easily escape." He said keeping even more alert bordering on paranoia. "We shouldn't go too far." he said to Diesel he was ready to move at the first even hair of trouble.

In a flash, Diesel turned, grabbed Jet with one hand and leapt over a car, carrying the Nepleslian with him. In that instant, a grenade exploded at the point they were standing. The car Dieself used to brace the two slid from the force, it's windows shattered. That didn't matter, though, as the two found themselves pinned behind their car as gunfire pounded into the vehicle. "There's our welcoming party..."

"Shit!" Jet said and ducked behind the car and began returning fire, going by the sounds to predict trajectory, essentially following the shots back with ones of his own. "I knew it. Thanks for the Save Diesel."

"Yeah, no problem, but I wouldn't have been ready for that if not for you." A bullet whizzed by Diesel's head. "Shit, not the time to get sentimental. I'm going to make a move for a better spot. Cover me!" With that, Diesel leapt to his feet and ran across the street.

Jet nodded and provided covering fire for him, meant to keep the reds from getting comfy enough to shoot. He aimed at one who was moving and lead him a bit and fired, making the red catch teh bullet in the temple and drew a second gun an dfired, seemingly without looking hitting the red in the spot between the eyes after hearing it hit the car and continued to provide cover.

The two dead Reds hit the ground without so much a sound. Diesel let out a monstrous roar as he leapt over the vehicles, spraying gunfire into the spot as he landed on his feet. Jet heard a shriek of another man as the bullets ripped in the air. Suddenly, a sharp pain ripped through Jet's left arm as a bullet managed to lodge itself in his flesh. The car was quickly losing its defensive value.

"Fuck!" Jet growled and made a dash for a better defensive spot and leapt up and backflipped over the roof of a car behind him. Then ducked behind it and shot at guy who sprang up onto a car above Diesel's back twice in rapid fire, wincing a lodged bullet and watched as the guy tumbled off his perch into a nasty sounding splatter at he fell 15 ft onto a sharp angled car part. He got a knife out after putting a gun away and dug the bullet out adn flicked off to teh side and winced in pain as he moved to a better position and able to provide cover.

As more gunfire was exchanged, Diesel ran back to Jet and took him with an arm. "We've got to get out of here!" Two bullets were lodged in the ID-SOL's cybernetic torso, but had failed to pierce the metal. "There's more coming!" He ran, literally dragging the Nepleslian with him as more bullets ricocheted off the ground.

Jet nodded and got into step firing back a couple times before putting the pistols away and just ran. "Fucking Reds' He cursed holding his arm tightly. "Got me in the arm" he said.

"You ok?" Diesel huffed out. "We'll be fine when we get into our territory. But this shit isn't right! That's too many men for a simple border patrol!"

"They're organizing for an all out attack probably and attacking our whores as bait." Jet reasoned. "I'll be fine it's just a flesh wound." he said as they ran for it still. "Cutting down those who investigate to weaken us." he huffed in a moment.
The gunfire subsided after Diesel lead Jet through some alleyways. "I don't know Dante. We probably just got unlucky and ran into a group. They were probably planning to disable one of those drug trucks that sometimes pass through the zone. I hear they're not that happy with the new corporate kids on the block, either."

"Competition is always bad. First it's the drugs, then it's the weapons."

"New corporate kids on the block? That's a nice way of putting it." he laughed and paused for a moment leaning on a wall to catch his breath. "What's next? fighting over prostitutes?" he chuckled, joking around and got serious after that. "We can't be too cautious though, but if they were after drug trucks the probably were prepared for heavier armed people." he said. "The grenade meant to blow the truck to it's side perhaps.." He said and checked his arm

"Why they threw a fucking GRENADE at us I'll never know!" Diesel said with a laugh between deep breaths. "Maybe they got too excited! It don't matter though, we did our job, everything is back to normal." The ID-SOL slapped the wound on Jet's arm with a grin. "And let me be the first to welcome you to the Blacks! We're going to get along real well, you and me."

Jet's eyes widened at the shock in the wound for a moment. "Thanks for the warm welcome." he said, trying to ignore the pain as the skin began to bruise a bit. "And I think we will" he said, giving Diesel a thumbs up.

"Ok Kid, let's get you patched up." Diesel said as he hugged his new comrade with one arm. "I owe you a beer."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back