• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Street War] Welcome to the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimura

Inactive Member
ON> (Funky City)
The afternoon sun beat down directly overhead in Funky City, the temperature reaching uncomfortably hot degrees. The smog that seemed to marry with the city's sky made it like an oven on the streets. People scurried quickly through the streets, not wanting to spend any more time than necessary outside. It was here that the soldiers were starting their new mission. They had 2000 KS to their names and an order to go to the 72nd street warehouse to meet up with their contact, Diesel, sometime that afternoon.

Jet was up early and had already left the building, braving the uncomfortable heat while he went out to go take a look around the clothing outlets. "Let's see...." he said as he looked.

Sparks frowned at the heat as he stepped outside. He raised his hand for a taxi. Hope it has climate control. He climbed into the first one that stopped and told the driver to take him to the shopping district. The taxi drove him quickly to the shopping district, charging the man 10 KS.

Wazu had left early, getting up around 6am before the sun had risen to go out and about. He had already finished shopping for clothing, purchasing items such as one of the wide brimmed hats that were seemingly so popular on this planet as well as a new black tank top and black pants. This was covered by a thin white shirt which covered up the majority of his skin which was showing a light tan. He seemed to take the heat in stride as if it was an old friend.

He had left his taxi a few blocks from the bar and proceeded the rest of the way on foot,
preferring to stay outside near the entrance in the heat than to go inside and face the icy climate control systems of the structure.

Sparks gladly paid. He'd rather pay ten KS than run the risk of cutpurses. He shoved his hands into his pockets and set off down an alley. Twenty minutes and 50 KS later, he emerged back onto the street wearing a shabby trench coat and a red bandanna covering his head.

It was hot, but he would get used to it after being off-world. He set off for a tech shop, hand on his money card in his pocket.

Jet had set out and paid the 10 KS for a taxi to the shopping district as well. He got out and began to shop around a little and eventually settled on a place and headed inside. After parting with 115 KS, a white trench coat with extra room on the inside for his guns to stay hidden, a black shirt under that, long pants and his boots with a pair of the Emrys-made gloves and a pair of sunglasses decked his figure. Afterward, he headed for the named tavern they'd agreed upon earlier. Sparks ducked into the tech shop and quickly selected a 300 KS mid-range laptop. He didn't want to be too conspicuous. He walked quickly next door and purchased a "Little Killer" pistol and two battery packs for 900 KS total. After that, he quickly made his way to the tavern.

The bar was fairly packed for this time of the day, mainly because of the excessive heat outside. It was like any bar on Nepleslia that's packed: festive and rowdy. Drinks flew faster than birds through the area as people took the heat as a grand reason to get plastered.

Jet made his way over to Wazu. "Nice hat," he said, smirking at the outrageousness of how Wazu looked. "You look like a business man. But I suppose that works," he said in a quiet tone. "Has anyone else shown up yet?"

"I haven't seen anyone else yet," Wazu said as he continued to lean against the wall from his spot near the tables outside which were mostly empty due to the near visible heat, "So that makes you the first."

Roger William joined the group shortly, bearing his equipment. He remained quiet for the most part and blended in well with the background in his street clothing.

"Pretty much," he said. "I'm not sure what's worse, this heat or the smell inside." Jet said with a sigh, leaning on the wall as well with his arms crossed. "I hope you got a sidearm in all that just in case." he said lowly again as he looked around. "And Mr. William joins us. Did you get what you needed?"

Sparks emerged from the crowd clutching his laptop, already tapping into the wireless network and retrieving his hacking programs. He stopped in front of the bar, muttering under his breath, "I don't think we should go inside. It looks kinda rowdy." He patted the right of his chest, noting the small pocket of his shabby green trench. "Sidearm."

"Yes, sir," came the reply from the private.

It was Wazu's turn to chuckle, "Actually, this is the first time I've felt hot in a long while." Wazu looked over the new arrivals and gave them a quick visual once over. "Don't talk like you are fresh from boot camp; you'll get us in trouble."

"He has a point." The master sergeant nodded in agreement. His sunglassed eyes swept over to Sparks and looked him over. "It's probably not a good idea, I agree, but we should find this place we're to meet these other guys." he said as he looked around the crowd and buildings.

"I'm ready to go right now," Wazu said.

Sparks nodded. "Yes, sir." He regarded Jet next. "It was a warehouse or somethin'." He added an urban drawl to his voice, hoping to blend in better.

"Let's go, then. If I remember correctly...." he closed his eyes and thought for a moment to the layout of Funky City. "It shouldn't be that far from here; there's a section of the city nearby that the merchants have warehouses to store their wares in and there should be a few abandoned ones." He said.

"What I meant is to drop the basic training vernacular. I'm not up to date on the speech patterns of the natives but I'm sure 'sir' isn't part of it unless you are in the military." Wazu said, taking his hands out of his pockets and crossing them just above his waist.

The group moved out toward the 72nd street warehouses. The district was organized like dominoes: exact distances and exact lengths for every building. It was like that for the sole purpose of saving space, but it gave the area a slightly claustrophobic feel.

â€

ON> Warehouse
Jet rolled his eyes looking at the hulking ID-SOL, thinking "All muscle, no brain." He just smirked, knowing he was playing his part the best he could. "I'm not afraid of the streets," he responded. "I just thought action would say more than words could."

"You should keep your action... or double action, to yourself. We don't need to draw any attention to ourselves right now." Wazu said, "So, on to busness?" He asked in general, not focusing on the ID-SOL in particular as he kept his hands in his pockets.

Diesel shrugged. "I've heard that before. Not everyone can live up to those words." He brought his hand to his chin and rubbed it as he looked over the group. "So, we got ourselves a hacker, a gun guy and, what do you do again?" he said, looking to Wazu.

Annoying, Jet thought in response to the big guy's question and smirked a bit keeping his hands in his coat pockets. "He's our scientist...or so he claims."

"I can handle money laundering, planning, and generally advice on technical issues. I have a background in engineering and electronics." He stated simply.

Sparks sat complacently, grinning from ear to ear with mock stupor. He hoped his teammates knew he wasn't really stoned, but he kept up the act. "Yeah, man, let's get a move on; I got this new dealer to meet." He was a step behind the rest.

Diesel raised an eyebrow at the word "scientist" but any suspicion was dissolved by Wazu's quick talking. "Yeah, anyway, we can talk the shit all day, but you have to show me that you can walk the walk. Popo and Nana here are associates. They've been around for a while, won't fuck anything up like you guys. They're not going to hold your hands though."

The aforementioned 'associates' grinned, glancing at each other, then eyed each of the newbies in turn.

"Didn't expect them to," Jet said offhandedly and pushed off his wall and stretched a bit and sighed, looking over at the associates. "Real men take responsibility for what they do and don't do right?" He asked.

Sparks shook his head. "I don't like responsibility."

The one assumed to be Nana raised an eyebrow, cutting in. "I don't see how you have much choice."

Then, after a moment, Popo completed, "She means about taking responsibility."

Sparks contemplated for a moment. "I don't mind taking responsibility; I'm a hacker, dude. I totally took like a bunch of money and shit from some company." He was vague and slurred his speech.

Jet merely rolled his eyes. "Twins....probably of like enough mind to finish each other's sentences," he muttered and shrugged.

"Real men do their job. You either do your job or you're dead. Stop with the philosophy shit. This isn't school." Diesel said, taking four paces in front of the group. "You want to show me that you belong in the blacks? Then you do this. We've got a drug transport arriving down at the shipyards down at Peace Street. Make sure it gets down safely, then you take a couple briefcases each down to Larry's general, about 6 blocks south. Larry'll know what to do. This is easy shit, guys." Then, looking at Sparks, he added, "I don't want to see stoner boy here eating the shit either."

"What do you know about the situation there on the ground? I take it you aren't expecting anyone to interfere with the operation?" Wazu asked, "As for protection, how much product are we talking about protecting?"

Jet kept a straight face but couldn't help but grin and look over at the 'stoner' and back to Diesel. "I'm concerned about the same factors as well. I could be nasty if the PD found out somehow." he said. "But I don't think this should be too hard."

"You'll find out when you get there," goaded Popo, while Nana made a face. "Don't worry, we'll be there to pick up if you leave off."

Sparks' gaze made the long trek to Deisel's face. "Dude, I only go for like, top quality. It's gotta be like, Elysian or somethin'." Inside, he was laughing like crazy.

"Walking into something like this without knowing what to expect beforehand is not something that I find enjoyable. If you have anything to say about this now is the time," Wazu said sternly, crossing his arms and looking down at the 'twins' directly.

Jet walked over and cuffed Sparks in the back of the head to shut him up. "Just ignore him; he's still hammered from doing all his shit this morning." He sighed and looked over at the threesome. "Peace Street? That's pretty secluded, good place for a drop," he mentioned.

"That's our turf. The FCPD would be insane to come down there and fuck with us. This happens every day, kiddies, unless you didn't notice before. The total product is 2 million or so KS, nothing too large, but nothing to spit at, either. I assume what you'll be carrying out of that is about 20-30 thousand KS. The shit's distributed to many people, not just yourselves," Diesel said.

"But I will say this: If you fuck this up, it's goodbye. And, heaven forbid, if you even THINK of stealing it, you'll be dead, and so will anybody even remotely attached to you. You're lucky to be getting this chance; I got a good reference from a friend of mine. But we still have to take care of business."

"Makes sense, organizations like the Black's really do pack up and take care of business," Jet said, looking over everyone else. "Shipyards first, secure the product, then provide security for it to Larry's," Jet mused as if remembering the job.

Diesel smiled at the compliment to the organization. "Yeah, don't let me scare you too much, though, kiddies. If you do a good job, you'll find yourselves in a very lucrative business. Got any more questions?"

Sparks frowned. "Whassa hacker gonna do on this mission? I'm a decker, not a hulk."

"You got fucking arms, kid? Carry two goddamn suitcases of drugs," replied the hulk himself.

First looking at each other, Popo and Nana rolled their eyes at Jet. "Just try not to talk too much about it, k? We have this area secure, but who knows what kind of bugs you might run into on the street?"

Sparks nodded. "Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Sounds simple enough: we should split the product up among several different routes and not take any roads that lead directly to Larry's. A couple of dummy suitcases wouldn't be a bad idea either. We should also arrange for motorized transportation, guns shouldn't be an issue on this." Wazu said, more to himself than anyone else.

"Or you could just walk. It's not like there are tanks roaming the streets, looking to bulldoze people with too much paperwork," snickered Popo.

"Sounds like the scientist over there's got a plan. You're footing this one, people, unless you want to risk getting a taxi."

Jet blinked he didn't think he spoke that loudly. "Hmm." he said and looked at Wazu as he spoke his mind. "I don't talk about the job outside of secure areas." He said in a quiet tone, then snickered. "Yeah, best to walk and avoid drawing attention to ourselves." he said.

"Businessmen are expected, but a group of them aren't....unless they're out asking to get hit." He smirked a bit wickedly.

"What time is this going down?" Wazu asked.

"It's happening tonight, in about two hours. If you move out now, you should be able to make it before everything starts," answered Diesel.

Nana raised her hand. "I don't object to them splitting up, though. It will make it easier for us to sneak up on them." Her face was unreadable.

Sparks giggled. "Time enough for a few hits."

"Yeah, just make sure you don't hit OUR shit." Diesel reminded him. "I'll be at Larry's too. He's a friend of mine.â€

ON> Shipyard

The overcast night hid any stars in the sky, the only light in the area coming from artificial lighting. The peace street shipyard was actually a misnomer. That was apparent enough as the group approached a heavily fenced small airfield. The airstrip held several trucks in wait. Two men with machineguns stood at the only entryway into the port, a gated access point.

"Jet, why don't you hang back a bit from the group. Stay spaced out and cover us, you have the gun after all." Wazu suggested before they appraoched the gate. He also took this time to apply the black strip of whatsit to his shirt.

Jet perked a brow and nodded dropping back in the step of the group keeping a hand on one of his four guns, the one on his hip seeming like he was just resting his hand in his pocket.

Sparks shuffled up and opened his coat, flashing the guards his strip of tape. Heavily armed and armored. Not pretty. He thumbed the safety on his Little Killer off, and grinned widely at the guards.

Wazu followed right behind Sparks, the black strip clearly visible on his white shirt even in the low light condition.

One of the men trained his gun on them as they arrived. Both were dressed completely in black and wore black Berettas. Their features were hidden very well behind their outfits, but they were both Nepleslian. "Identify yourselves."

"Diesel sent us." Jet said shortly the black strip visible on the collar of his white trench coat.

Sparks put his hands up. "Hey, hey, hey, no need to get all mad, man. I'm Al Johnson." He used a fake name so he couldn't be cross-referenced to the military. Nodding to Jet, he followed his lead. "Yeah. What he said."

The second Nepleslian guard made sure to see all of their strips before nodding to his associate. "You can go in. Stay near the trucks unless you want to get burned."

Wazu simply nodded in addition to Jet's statement while letting his thumbs rest on the inside of his pockets, suspending his fingers on the outside of his pants as they walked through the gate and into the airport area in route to the trucks.

Jet waved for Wazu and Sparks to go on in first, before starting toward the gate himself tense and ready to react should shit go wrong but appeared calm collected and confident.

Popo and Nana could be seen at the end of a runway, talking to the signal-man. He had a matter-of-fact air and nodded a lot, apparently having met them before. Reluctantly, he seemed to end the conversation and walk to the middle of the runway.

There were 3 covered trucks waiting for the cargo plane. For each of the trucks there were two drivers, both armed, and two guards. They were lined neatly next to each other, for optimal loading.

Nonchalantly, Sparks wobbled after Wazu, following him to one of the large trucks. "Man, this shit is serious. Huge dudes with guns and stuff."

"Just keep your drug sniffing nose out of the shit" Jet growled at him as he followed them up like a chaperone. He kept a careful watch on the trucks and keeping a look at the arms and armors of the situation. "Not shit Sherlock, did you expect them to be packing a pistol and a wheelbarrow?" he asked in rhetoric.

Wazu just continued onward without saying a word, picking out a spot a few yards from the trucks to wait for the transport to arrive.

The signal man raised his flags on sight of the Kieru entering visual range. In a few moments, the soft rumbling of a Keiru class transport could be heard. Some of the guards gave a weird look to the new guys, but said nothing.

Wazu turned his back to the men at the Trucks, "Do you think they know why we are here?" He asked Sparks, while keeping his voice low enough as to not be heard by the truckers.

Jet rolled his eyes and walked up beside Wazu and kept his voice on the low as well. "Well chances are they assume we are just what Diesel told them we are, new punks looking for a bit quick cash." He said and kept going looking up at the Kieru. "They're clever to get that thing here without having it detained by the FC though."

The soft rumbling became near-deafening once the ship touched ground. The trucks started and moved the 50 or so feet off target the ship landed, lining up carefully to one of the sides of it. One of the massive side-doors to the ship opened with a creak.

"Well, the ship is old but it was originally designed to be a stealth transport. It is likely they got a newer model that is stripped down for nothing but transportation purposes but I wouldn't put it past them to acquire something fairly high tech." Wazu looked over his shoulder at the transport, "Sparks, you want to stay back this time?" Wazu said with a slight grin, "We wouldn't want you consuming all the product after all."

Popo and Nana waved cryptically to the newcomers, then stood to either side of one of the guards as per protocol, waiting for the 'main' cargo to be unloaded before they took up their portion.
Jet walked over to collect his portion of the 'main' cargo after a few minutes, going with the protocols set for this sort of thing already, by following the others' lead.

The guards posted a circle around the extraction point and the drivers monitored the exit of the airfield from their seats. In moments, a line two dozen people formed from the inside of the transport to the truck. It was hard to see inside the plane, but once the human line started operating, large white bags of powder were being shifted down to the trucks. "Make sure this is packed neatly in the truck." The Nepleslian man at the end of the line said. He bore a large scar on his neck, but looked no older than 25.

Jet got up into a truck and got to organizing the stuff, carefully packing it into the truck, but staying alert at the same time, he'd motioned Wazu to do the same. He was taking care to avoid messing up the product at he packed it in and sighed a bit but enjoyed the physical workout. "No. Not why we're really here. Just that we're getting drugs for them." He replied to Wazu, mimicking the volume of his voice. "We're the 'new guys'."

The twins returned from the inside of the plane, carrying several suitcases each. "What are you doing?" Popo shouted to Jet, running up and tossing him a briefcase. "We're here for the cornmeal, not the flour."

Jet jumped out and chuckled. "I like a little physical labor every so often." he said and brushed himself off and caught the briefcase. "Nothing wrong with that."

"That's okay; fill that up with the stuff you've been loading," Popo said, winking and gesturing to the empty briefcase and tossing one more to each of the others. Nana gave them each a second one, bowing deeply and then giggling as she turned toward the next person.

Wazu suppressed a laugh as he turned back toward the transport. He picked up the briefcase and opened it to check the contents on the inside, being careful to remove whatever he found and also check the lining of the case while he was at it.

"Sure thing, man, just shootin' the shit with my pals." Sparks replied indignantly to the twins. He opened his bag and began to fill it with 'content, also taking care to check every part to ensure their safety.

Jet shook his head and rolled his eyes and did the same, checking the lining and the other parts to ensure safety before loading the case up and turned to them once he'd finished and locked it shut securely.

They were standard business briefcases, with red velvet lining on the inside and a distinctive card with a strange logo on it.

Wazu checked out the card, looking for text and logos as well as checking for electronics again.

Aside from the logo, which was a circle with an eye in the middle of it, sort of an offshoot of the illuminati symbol, the card was blank. The logo was white against the black of the card.

Sparks stood and hefted the heavy cases. "Daaaamn, man, these things are heavy." He rolled his eyes and almost fell over. "I'm a decker, man, deckers ain't mules." He'd let Wazu handle the security stuff and continue to act like a baked fool.

Wazu memorized the logo and replaced the card in the suitcase among the bacgs of product. "Is there anything else we need to know about?" He asked the 'twins' as he stood up with the suitcase in hand.

The first and second trucks were quickly filled. All that remained was the third. The entire operation took mere minutes.

Jet sighed and easily carried the briefcase of his own. "I'm gonna deck you if you keep farting around." He growled at Sparks. "Find anything?" he asked Wazu on the low key voice.

Wazu shook his head 'no' but he ran his hand over the exterior of the case to try and find a magnetic field that would indicate an electronic device once more time.

There was no such device on the suitcase.

Popo nodded at Wazu's question. "Nothing you can't figure out on your own - that includes Zoneboy, so don't fret." Gesturing to the cards they were holding in their hands, he winked again. "Just get the briefcases to Larry, and try not to get hit by falling pianos or the like."

"f-falling pianos?" Sparks asked. "Nobody said anything about falling pianos." He giggled.

Wazu turned toward the exit and began to head out.

Jet sighed and turned his side to them and groaned. "Nobody is going to drop a piano on you kid." he said and started for the exit as well. "Don't get left behind."

Sparks wobbled toward the exit, tailing the other two. "Hey, wait, I don't wanna get hit by a falling piano."

When the last truck finished loading, all three simultaneously started up and drove in a straight line to the exit. Two drove west, one to the east and were quickly out of site. The armed guards at the gate nodded to the group as they left. They threw a switch to the side of the gate which turned off the perimeter lights. In the darkness, the cargo ship could be heard lifting off. About thirty feet away, the city lights picked up and eradicated the darkness.
Wazu looked back for just a moment, watching the transport lift off into the sky. He tried to catch a glimpse of recognition number of the transport but he could only make out the outline of the shape in the current lighting condition. "Let's go," He said out loud as he headed toward the gate, looking to leave the area.

Jet called the other two over once outside the fenced area. "Alright, from here out we have to split up and take a different way to Larry's got it? No direct routes unless absolutely necessary." He told them. "Move out." he said and started to walk away.

Sparks followed, his posture improved a bit and his gait a bit less wobbly. He nodded to Jet and set off down a side street, heading to his destination.

Popo and Nana began to creep along behind Jet, plainly visible to Wazu and Sparks but out of the vision range of Jet.

"Well, I will see you at Larry's." Wazu said before catching sight of the twins. "I suggest you get going Sparky." Wazu purposefully lagged behind the group as he picked his own long path to Larry's.

OFF>

ON>

Jet Endurain was the first to leave the scene. The section he traveled was well-lit and fairly empty, an unusual sight within Funky City. It was unusually quiet, only the occasional squeaking of rats and scuffing noise of trash rolling down the street. A damp odor came from the streets. It was the smell of sewage flowing under the streets.

Listening to almost everything that was going on, paying attention to the slightest hints of trouble, he continued along the street, not minding the damp odor, he'd smelled it all his "life". He had, by now, realized the 'twins' were following him. He could tell by the sounds they made while walking, closing his eyes for a moment to remember the way to Larry's he took off in a jog away from them, making it look like he was just jogging. He'd normally turn and shoot but his hands were kinda full.

Though he picked up the pace, his pursuers didn't. In fact, it almost sounded like they were going slower...or was there only one of them now?

They're possibly going to attempt an ambush or a pincer if they've split up... Jet thought and suddenly dodged down an alley seeming to go away from Larry's. He kept a brisk pace and paranoid alert until he got out of the alley and into a street again and slowed to a casual walk to throw off any onlookers. "Stupid suitcases, I hate having both hands full.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back