• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Abandoned Character Synthetic Intelligence New Character

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Moved to the character: folder (update link).

Since the preferred plot is Bounty Hunts, I'm pinging @Foxtrot 813 and @ShotJon

Can you tell be about the source of the artwork, @DrunkenFrog?

Also the big Yamatai attack on the Freespacers was in YE 30, (almost 8 years ago, since it's YE 38 tomorrow). Was he knocked out for 8 years?

Good thing someone linked me to this thread, because I didn't receive any notifications.

apuu.sh_meStB_1a9414faab.png

Wes, fix the forum please.

Anyway, @DrunkenFrog, Bounty Hunts is, unfortunately, on full capacity at the moment and on the middle of a mission, so I'm afraid I'll have to refuse your character unless you want me to put him in the backburner. Nonetheless, I'll just do a quick review of it,

Appearance: @Wes, the art is from Destiny, so I'm pretty sure the TOS don't allow it to be used on the wiki.
You never mentioned what type of Freespacer he is. Is he a Type 3 or a Type 4? I'd recommend talking to @Lamb, since he's the current Freespacer FM and the guy yous should get any questions you have answered
Psychological Characteristics: It's a single paragraph, and it tells me little about the character other than he's a passive pacifist, but not quite. You should write more about how the Freespace Genocide influenced him, for example, since he was created before that happened.
History: The character bio is supposed to be an OOC document, which is why we don't allow for the creators to be labelled as "unknown", for example. Please point out which mercenary group created Quicksilver, since there's quite a few of them made up of Freespacers (The IWL, or the Opportunistics Social Club comes to mind). Also, as pointed out by Wes, the Genocide happened 8 years ago, ICly, so what has your character been doing that whole time?
Skills: Quicksilver only knows 3 skills, even though you're allowed to start with 7 on your first character. Furthermore, you should describe them more with at least a paragraph.
Inventory: The Wiki broke your format and the items aren't listed.
Finances: You're allowed to start with 6000DA (3000KS), but that's not an issue due to the chracter bio.

Hope that helps.

The question of what you're going to do with the character remains. Do you want to put the character on hold until there's an opportunity for Foxtrot to bring you on, or do you want to look elsewhere?

We still need @Lamb to looks this over, too.

From the wiki: "Type Fives (or Synthetic Intelligence Entities) are those have transcended beyond the limitations of the physical world. They are Freespacers whose minds have been converted directly into a digital program, which roam the information networks and powerful computer systems."

This Freespacer is written as a Type Five, but seems to possess a physical body. Type Fives are strictly Synthintelligence which exist on Polysentience. This looks like a Type Four. Consider reading a bit more about Spacers and giving this a quick re-write.

I haven't read the history yet, and I'm about to pop out the door to deliver some drugs to a youth facility for a pharmaco, but when I get home I'll try to take a look at it all.

No objections from me.

@Lamb said they wanted to look this over. I think it would be rude to disregard the desire of the Freespacer FM to look over this character before approving them.

Well, as it stands you've still got a Type 5 with a physical body. That's not canon. It's one of the prime things about Type Fives: They exist on Polysentience. They may manipulate objects and machines in the real world but they wouldn't have a 'primary body' or anything like that. Honestly, some aspects of this character look like a Type Four and others look like a Type Three Automata; but at the end of the day the character's really a hodge podge mix of the setting fluff for the 'Spacers. I have to admit, I'm a bit embareassed because the 'Spacer fluff is in need of a serious overhaul with all the dead art and such, but I think if you go over it again and give it a good read you'll see what I'm talking about here. I can't really approve of this character until it's sorted out and written a bit better. If somebody wants to come in and say I don't have the authority to reject the character, then I'd like to file the necessary complaint if it gets approved as it is.

Well, I did resend my approval so you have no resistants from my end. I will defer to you because I unfortunately don't know much about Spacers. I will need to read up on it a little more.

Can I got an update on this from everyone involved? I would like @DrunkenFrog to be able to RP as soon as possible.

Character appears to be abandoned.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back