• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Taiho Cryo Rounds

Sunny D

🌟 Site Supporter
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/mission-29-usagi-no-suana.71776/
Submission URL
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=Ammunition:taiho_cryo_ammunition
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
DR I think would be weird on this. It would have a lower DR than the Taiho listed, but would also have the effect of lowering the DR of the target, along with a bunch of secondary effects.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As the creator of the Taihō Scalable Mass Driver I just want to note for posterity that it will fling anything of the appropriate size and magnetism. If it isn’t something that would survive, that something comes out as plasma.

Last edited:
As the creator of the Taihō Scalable Mass Driver I just want to note for posterity that it will fling anything of the appropriate size and magnetism. If it isn’t something that would survive, that something comes out as plasma.
ADNR has a theoretical max ultimate tensile strength of 310,000 MPa and a tested compressive strength of 435,000 MPa

The Helium is compressed to 1000 atmospheres (I kind of had to guess, Ideal Gas Law had it at 800, and I found 2 real graphs, one with units and hydrogen, and one without units with both hydrogen and helium, relationship was about 1.2 the Ideal Gas Law PV=nRT) generating an outward force of 101.325 MPa

Acceleration would exert a compressive force along the axis of (assuming a barrel length of 20 inches = 50.8cm) 320^2/(2*0.508) = 100787.401 N or ~101 MPa in the case of the 10*50mm and 2000^2/(2*0.508) = 3937007.874 N or 3,937 MPa in the case of 15*75mm.

In the case of 10*50mm the force of acceleration and the force of acceleration and the force of pressure are actually in opposition and so would almost perfectly cancel each other out, as far as material stress is concerned anyway.

Without doing full CAD designs and simulations on the projectile I'm comfortable to say that the idea of it surviving acceleration while having the walls thin enough to carry the payload described is plausible enough for science fiction.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back