• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Taiie Nebula] Taking time...

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
The Imperial Star emerged from hyperspace just outside of the Taiie nebula. The Type 30 Space Yacht, the one given to Katsuko by the Ketsurui proceeded slowly towards the edges of the cloud of gases and debris.

Katsuko had said little to Akina the entire way her left hand however did not let go of Akina's own. Katsuko's eyes were now fixated on the gas plumes and chunks of rock.

This was home once...

I am not so much different than it now...broken, forgotten.

She murmured softly, the past flooding her mind. She blinked, clearing the tears from her eyes.

Things were not always this way.

I couldn't even have a real word with them before that. In the end, it's better I was at Halna in some twisted way. Akina replied, squeezing Katsuko's hand. ..I'm out there too somewhere, aren't I? Things are different. Just like always, I need you.

They always change. Not always for the better, lately none...for selfishness, and pride, and worse. We still have a long story to write and they would all understand. She spoke of the cloud with the reverence it deserved. Their loss was fresh to her, and she hadn't paid her respects.

A large bouquet of flowers, and some incense rested boxed on one of the arms. We need to do something, not just use their deaths as political tools.

Akina said:
..I'm out there too somewhere, aren't I? Things are different. Just like always, I need you.

Katsuko thought to herself then, not sharing with Akina; "You are out there, who are you? I am out there, who am I? I am dead...We are dead." The past pleaded with her, trying to find her with its stinging jabs.

After the incident on Taiie no Iori in YE 28 said:
Katsuko walked down the corridor, her eyes ahead of her, almost as if to ignore the remains of several of her finest outside of her former office doors. An investigation into the incident was underway; once again the bureaucrats back home would require their answers—want to know what happened to their hardware. The emotional toll of a Taisho was but trivial in such matters, as that the tears held back within her gaze didn’t matter to SARA or Command—only to her.

Akina said:
They always change. Not always for the better, lately none...for selfishness, and pride, and worse. We still have a long story to write and they would all understand

Katsuko, wished she could have Akina's optimism -- she reached for it, but it was gone, all that remained was shame, and grief.

Akina said:
We need to do something, not just use their deaths as political tools.

Katsuko broke her gaze, and looked at the box and then back up to Akina. "Like what?"

The Taisho leaned over and kissed Katsuko's temple, resting her lips there for a long moment. "First, we'll have the memorial. I think you should help me build something here. A colony right here. We can make it home again, and there will be a lot of new civilians looking for jobs, and places to live soon from the decommissioned ships. There are a lot of places around here that need development too, this could be the hub. The ones you couldn't save..they would appreciate not being forgotten. At least for who they were, their hearts not their deaths as a battlecry. Enough pain has been given in their name. Now it's time for something else."

Akina reached over and moved the box away just a bit so she could turn to face her other half. "Love, what happened was horrible. Since before this even happened but we can't let it stay that way." Then she just hugged Katsuko, drawing her fingers through her hair with the most free hand she had. "I think we could make home again."

I want my Kachhun back. Her mind touched the other's warmly. Truthfully, she was doing all she could not to cry. It wouldn't cheer her up anymore than it would the expectant mother.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back