• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Tami System Planetary Update

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/workhorse-warship-to-uesureya-warns-away-mishhu-warmongers.69708/
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=system:tami
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Part of playing a Senator for the Yamataian Imperial Senate is supposed to be improving upon your system of choice. I'm getting over being sick and haven't been able to concentrate enough to come up with good RP so I did this instead today.

Whipped up some pictures in Stable Diffusion over the past 2 days and got something I wanted for Tami. Low-building cities that are integrated with forests and the wilderness itself. So I came up with the Shrioboshi Region where all of the planet's permanent civilian communities are.

The Shiroboshi (White Star, also a Japanese sports victory call) Region contains:
  • Twilight City, the planet's biggest city and its capital named for that because I've made it so the planet has a lively evening culture due to its longer days.
  • Akechi Riverfront, a nice luxury spot partly based on Bled in Slovenia and named after the dude my Ninth Fleet left behind on Tami to lead a defense against Mishhu during the 2nd Mishhu War.
  • Phoenix Landing, working class/industrial center whose name is an homage to Luca's crew and their Tami Trounce.
  • Flammendalen, a farming town for ranchers that has a county planetary fair.
  • Lark's Hill, a mountain hideaway also for ranchers near to Hoshi Ryusei Ranch (I asked @Ametheliana to write this one)
Unfortunately, this is all on the system: page because Tami has only ever had a system: page where all its planetary information has been put. Not quite ready to separate system and planet into distinct pages.

Hope my Stable Diffusion pics and minor changes are cool enough. I put a news story as the submission RP example because the form forced me to, but that is in the Ninth Fleet's old base which is not a part of this submission; still needed something to put there but it's Tami which has appeared many times in RP over the years. I'll probably continue to proofread it during and after submission.

@Wes for FM.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey, just as a quick note, I've added that Tami was discovered in YE 26 and named by Yuuko based on this really old roleplay, which has also been linked. I was just sitting around wondering when it was discovered so did some wiki diving and performed google-fu to find out.

Apparently the system has 16 planets and two of them are habitable! Though their readings don't match the gravity stats of the original Star Army Tami article/what's approved now. And no oceans have ever been mentioned in its history on Star Army (only forests) while no forests were mentioned in that original roleplay (but it being very oceanic was). So maybe it was later found out that the Tami System and planetary scans weren't initially accurate or something, since the discrepancy of Tami here versus that RP predate my involvement.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back