• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[Task Force Phantom Prologue II] Phantom's Warriors

Re: [Prologue II] Phantom's Warriors

"It served me very well indeed Ittô-Hei Ushimo," Takeshi said as he bowed before her. She had after all higher rank then him. As he stood up again he smiled lightly. After a quick check to see if everything was still in the belt he did a quick nod. He looked at Sakaki.

"Should we get our gear from the shuttle and then make our way to the Power Armour bay?" As he said that he headed towards the shuttle to retrieve his bag and proceeded to the hangar door to see if Sakaki would acompany him to the PA-bay.

"Leave your gear." A Technician said while fixing her hair. "We'll move it to your quarters before you turn in for the night."

The Docking Port was quickly going back to normal, technicians and pilots moving about their various duties. The crates that had been scattered everywhere were beginning to be moved out of the way.

Sakaki felt a little awkward, she wasn't used to others looking up to her. "Yes, we shall," she said calmly in reply and began to head to the doors. In the meantime she asked MEGUMI for directions not wanting to get lost.

As they walked to the Armor Bays, Sakaki asked, "Kurotsuki-hei, what made you want to join Star Army?" She was a little curious, and probably also longed for some form of companionship that she had lost when she had decided not to transfer back to the Senbu.

As they started walking towards the PA-bay Takeshi had been deep in his own thoughts about what to look for in the PA's when choosing one. So when Sakaki spoke he flinched before thinking about her question for a few seconds. He knew why he had joined and that some people thought they knew why he had joined. What answer should he give? His gaze traveled of into the distance as he started talking.
"Why I joined the army? During my training days I heard people speak of that and saying that was what my parents wanted me to do. Both of my parents had been a part of the army before my arrival so to say. So people think I have just followed in there footsteps." He said with a smile and thinking how much his parents had argued with him not to get the Yamataian body and join the army. Then he turned his gaze to Sakaki and the smile had more or less disappered.

"But the truth is they didn't really like my idea of joining the army like I did. And I didn't join just to tick them off either. I joined cause I felt that it was my place to be. And everything felt just right during training and it hasn't changed now either. I will fight to protect my home and those who live there." His voice had dropped to a deeper tone at the beginning of the last sentence and he had clenched one of his fists. He had left out the part that he wanted to prove his worth as a part of the army. To prove himself to everyone but mostly to himself. He relaxed quickly and a smile appeared on his face again.
"How about you Ittô-Hei Ushimo? Why did you join the Star Army? And mind if I ask have you been stationed on another ship and seen real combat?"

The black haired Neko liked the answer, it pretty much followed her own reasonings though she wasn't sure if she was as passionate as he was. "I have to prove myself to someone, as well as keep a promise to myself to become a better warrior. The army was the logical choice," she said without much emotion to her voice.

They then arrived at the armor bay which Sakaki stopped in front of, she then said frankly, "I have been on two ships before joining this Force. I have faced many enemies, though I fear the one we might face could very well be this body's last." As she finished her sentence, Sakaki walked into the PA Armor Bay.

"How is it? Being in combat for the first time I mean."
Takeshi stood in the entrance to the PA bay thinking about what Sakaki just said. She might be right about that the enemies they would be facing could be the last, but he didn't think more about it. That was thoughts for a later time. Now was the time to pick out a Daisy and a Mindy for later use. He started walking amongst the PA's inspecting them, thinking about how it would be in real combat. He had participated in any yet since this was his first assignment after graduation from Basic Training.
"I won't leave anyone behind," he muttered as he was standing infront of a Mindy.

"It would be difficult to explain," replied Sakaki as she found the Armory Controls looking though the list of available armors, "For me, it was the feeling complete as a warrior fulfilling her mission. It is possible you shall have a different experience."

She listed though the armors and picked a Mindy that was minty newness and a Daisy that was slightly used, formally belonging to a person who decided to end their life in a space battle. She didn't feel as though it was ominous as it was the warrior spirit within the armor to give her strength. "Remember, the Armor is your sword and must be taken care of, since you would unable to cut with a blunt blade," she said, a proclamation she felt must be said since she had something similar said when she herself first flew out into space.

Takeshi did look a bit surprised about what Sakaki had said. It was clearly not what he had expected. But after some thought I did think it made some sense. He did walk towards the the Armory Control to make a search for armors. " I do think I will react a bit different but hopefully not in a way that makes me unable to do my job." He said while walking up to the control.

He did quite quickly pick out a Daisy and a Mindy that had never seen action for real but had been used for drills and practice. He did feel that it would be best if he had the chance to start from the beginning with the armors. He looked at Sakaki and smiled before saying "I will keep these blades sharp and ready."

After those words he searched out the amors he had just choosen, finding there positions he nodded. Takeshi then produced a black marker pen from one of the pockets at his belt as he walked towards the Daisy. Once at it he walked to what would be the armors left shoulder, finding something to stand on he started writing on the shoulder plate. Death waits in the dark was soon written across shoulder. After that he walked to the Mindy doing the samething there. Standing before the armor he looked satisfied and determined. "Now to find someone that can etch those words into the armor." He said while putting the pen back in his pocket. The words had been choosen because of how a sniper operates and he thought the words would be appropriate as the task force name was Phantom.

Oshiro Arkase leaned up against the wall of Tachibana Hayate's office. His Daisy still covered him, the only difference being that his weapons were offline and his shield discarded.

"What do you think?" Tachibana asked from his desk, not looking up from his work.

"I think that they're a bit green, with the exception of Sakaki-Hei. She'll have to set an example for the rest." Arkase closed his eyes, running over all of the notes he had made.

"Takeshi-Hei is an interesting case. I'll have to wait and see, but it seems like he'll handle this assignment well. Sakamura-Hei is a bit sweet, I'm not sure how she'll handle the strain. Nashiro-Hei is exactly what we need in a soldier. Deliberate, calculating and loyal. As a medic, she'll be invaluable." Arkase finished his mental notes. "More would be nice, but this'll be enough for now."

Tachibana nodded, finally looking up. His fingers formed a steeple as he thought. His eyes looked at the faceless armor Arkase wore, and Arkase knew the man was seeing through him. Measuring him.

"And me?" The Taii finally asked.

"You..." Arkase paused. "You don't care about us as people. You're just here to get the job done, or advance your own career by using us, or both. I think I should trust you to care about our well being so long as we can be used, and no more."

The commander of Task Force Phantom laughed. The cold sound swept over Arkase, and he shivered.

"You're right." Tachibana said. "You're a tool. An intelligent, lethal tool. If it makes you feel any better, I am a tool too."

The cold smile that had lit Tachibana's lips slowly vanished. "We embark on our first mission soon. Prepare them for action, Oshiro-Heisho. We've started on top, and the only way we can go is down."

With a gesture as if he was brushing something off, Tachibana dismissed Arkase.

(OOC Note: Wrap it up and move on to the Mission 1 Thread, guys.)

Sakaki approached her armors and preceded in imputing codes and such. While doing so she kept up with the small talk, "Be in mind that your assuming your first mission will not be one which you lose your armor," she then finished her coding and worked the controls to place them back were they were found, "I bid you goodnight, Kurotsuki-hei," she said as she left the PA bay.

"Sleep well Ushimo-Hei." Takeshi did take a bow until Sakaki had left the room. He then continued his inspection of the power armors for a while. After putting in the codes he took a last glance at his newly assigned armors and left the bay with a smile. Now it was time for him to find a bed and get some sleep.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back