• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Tay Chin

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
(Finally! My character for the academy! I hope the plot to take off quite soon.)

Name: Tay Chin

General Information
Species: Geshrin

Family/Creators:
Bai Chin (Father)
Grace Chin (Mother)

Faction: None
Current Assignment: NA

Physical Characteristics
Height: 139.7 cm (4'7â€

Zakalwe said:
Distinguishing Features: None.

There's always something, isn't there? The way his eyes look at someone, maybe? His physique and how he carries it? Perhaps it's how he speaks, with his ability to write bleeding into it. Though if he's not very social ... mmmm.

Zakalwe said:
Communications: One of the precious skills that Tay's parents where so important was the ability to be rhetoric ...

Rhetorical, right?

Zakalwe said:
Black and spiky. Tay tried for a bit of rebellion against his parents in his hair style, but they got in a professional hair stylist to make sure it looked good.

This is the most interesting part about his family, if you ask me. Even the smallest blip of consternation on his part is drained of purpose by his parents. I remember when my mother bent my head over the sink to bleach all the black dye from my hair. Poor kid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How exactly would you pronounce Tay's name?

What is his use for karate, if any? And with his father being Chinese, why not have his son learn a Chinese martial art? (Tai-chi, kung fu, so on.) Unless they're not available on Yamatai ...

Is it just the geniuses he wants to be with? What about "normal" kids, the ones without the trappings of the upper crust?

Does he have a "size inferiority" complex? You know, the short guy who's always proving how tough they are.

Has he any fears?

Where does his writing appear? A journal, scraps of paper, a notebook he keeps?

I don't ask these questions to be a bastard. But I like this character, and for the first real kid to come into the SARP universe, he's a good fit, I think.

I ask because I care. *grin*

Honestly I put Karate because it's what I practise, and so I know enough about it to be able to put an education in it. Kung-fu might work better, but I know Karate. A little bit of meta-gaming? Perhaps.

rhetoric

The art of using of language, especially public speaking, as a means to persuade.
Meaningless language with an exaggerated style intended to impress.
It's only so much rhetoric

I see no problem.

Tay - Tay. It's not hard to pronounce. T-a-y. Possible pronunciation: Tai.

How exactly would you pronounce Tay's name?

What is his use for karate, if any? And with his father being Chinese, why not have his son learn a Chinese martial art? (Tai-chi, kung fu, so on.) Unless they're not available on Yamatai ...

Is it just the geniuses he wants to be with? What about "normal" kids, the ones without the trappings of the upper crust?

Honestly, he'd love that. But Emrys Academy, the annual fee is such you either need a scholarship, sponsorship from Emrys Industries or another corporation, or to be very rich. Thus there are no really 'normal' people there.

You think he's short for a 13 year old?

His writing appears on pads of paper he has on him most of the time.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back