• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: United Outer Colonies TDRT Mission 1: Hostage Sitiation in District 26

Toshiro

Inactive Member
Saito looked at her datapad, a concerned look on her face before sending a message to all 17th Elite PA Wing members in the area of Jiyuu.

David recieved the message from Saito as he was at the table in his room working on his engraveing. He placed down his knife and looked at the transmition. He stood up and took a second to think of who from the 17th might still be aboard. "Akruo please sent the following message to all 17th member still aboard..." David paused for a second. "To all members of the 17th armour wing that have not yet left ship. You are to go to the armour bay for a mission. Be quick. That is all." David left his room and called ahead so his armour would be ready and waiting for him.

Caine would receive the transmission over the datapad he kept with him at all times for situations like this. "Damn. I can't leave Yamatai atm.." he thought and began to reply to David on the topic, he hadn't seen the others and figured they may still be on the Akuro.

"David, Take Xanatos, Natsuko, Ai and Galar if you can get ahold of them." A text message would come up to the XO of the 17th from Kyoto. "I can't leave here at the moment so you'll have to make due without me for the time being." He continued.

Once the shuttle landed, Natsuko flipped up communicator and sent a message to David.

Message said:
Both Xanatos-Heisho and I have just returned from the surface. Where would you like us to meet you?

After Natsuko sent the message she stood up and stretched out a bit. "It looks like today is going to be a long day Xanatos-kun." Natsuko said.

Xanatos nodded idly before speaking, "Yes, it does, Natsuko-chan. Don't overexert yourself, alright?" He smiled down at her, trying to make her either smile or laugh. Either one would make the Yamataian happy.

In District 26, the forces of the newly formed Tokyo District Response Team, or TDRT, has surrounded and sealed off the building...but could get no closer without causing collateral damage and loss of life, as snipers had taken position at the 4th and 6th floors, with some powerful weaponry. An empty building across the street had already been turned to rubble.

A middle-aged Nepleslian man, his Daisy in the black and blue collors of a TDRT Commander, took a swig from a flask as he looked at a floor plan...he prompty threw the flask on the ground.

"I don't CARE what the %$@#ing regs say about drinking on the job, I need some real booze, not this synthetic shit! When the hell are those Elites coming? Lives are on the line here!"

A voice came out from behind the Nepleslian. "We are right behind you!" David steped up desides him and looked at the map. "We are about squad strength but We are ready. What is the situation sir?" As david looked on the rest of the squad circled up around the floorplans.

The CO whipped around, and looked at David...

"You're the 17th's XO, right? Well, we have 4 Naps and 2 ID-Sols holding several of our civilians hostage. They raided a gun shop en route, so they're armed to the teeth...don't take off your armor unless ya want riddled full of holes."

He unfolded a map.

We have been able, via PANTHEON, to get this map of the interior...the hostages are here, on the 5th floor, guarded by two ID-SOL. The two entrances to that room re guarded by Neps. There's overturned furniture EVERYWHERE for cover.

The remaining two Neps have taken positions on the 4th and 6th floors to warn and engage attackers from below and above. At this point, they're using heavy duty weapons to hold us back...they've already destroyed one building. You'll have to sneak in from the roof, or use the sewer system, unless you have a brighter idea...

And a word of warning..."

The old Nep said, raising a finger.

"Urban combat is a different beast than space combat. Collateral Damage and Civilian Lives are paramount. If it looks like you can't hold your own without letting them blow shit up and hurt innocent people, then get OUT of there."

Natsuko looked at the plans. "Are they just gunning around or are they after something specific?" Natsuko asked. Great, just what we needed, a pair of pissed ID-SOLs. However, they took hostages. If you are just out for revenge you usually don't take hostages. Natsuko thought privately before turning to David,

"Sir, is it possible to just go in through the side? We could just use our DAISYs to hover up the side of the building, that way we could skip the 4th and 6th floors completely. If we do that in conjunction with our active camo we could pass the snipers without an issue and catch the ID-SOLs off guard."

Ai wasn't too happy about what this mission was looking like. First, having a power armor against an unarmored target didn't seem too fun, fair, maybe even civil, even if the target was a powerful ID-SOL. Second, the hostages would make this mission very stressful. Otherwise, simple long range sniping would be a simple solution were it not for the hostages. Well, orders were orders.

Suited up and ready to go, Galar was ready to help, whatever the situation required. Galar turned to the TDRT man and asked, "Which room are the hostages in, because if they are in a room on the outside of the building, then we can perhaps use the window and get the guards from behind. Perhaps get them from behind in any case."

"Also," Galar said to David, "Since there are three experienced power armor pilots here and three inexperienced ones, why don't each of us take an unexperienced one with us to make sure they stay out of reckless situations."

David looked from the map towards the building. He looked back to the map. He knew a straight forward attack wouldn't work that would put the hostages in too much danger. This was going to require an amount of stealth that he was glad to perform. "I have a plan but we are going to require four to six Flashbangs and two breaching charges." David said to the CO. he then turned around and faced his squad. "We are going to divide into two teams and take the building from the top and the bottom. Team one will enter through the sewers while the second team enters via the roof. Both team will advance in a stealth manner and take out the two outer sentries with minimal noise and then at the same time take out the two door guards as quietly as possible. After the four neps are neutralized we will place breaching charges on the doors to the room containing the hostages. Once the doors have been breached we will throw flashbang grenades into the room and take out the two ID-Sols that will be blinded and deafened by the grenades."

Sounds like a good plan. If we pincer them they won't have anywhere to go to, but we will need to move fast in case the ID-SOLs try and kill the civilians once they find out we're coming. Natsuko thought to herself as she looked at the map, imagining what the conditions would be like on the inside.

"Sir, I think Galar's idea is good." Natsuko looked up Davis as she spoke. "Even though we are in the 17th, there are those here who have more experience than others. Either way though, we should probably get a move on, if they get wind that PAs are standing outside ready to trounce in they may kill the hostages. What are your deployment orders sir?" Natsuko looked down again at the map of the building when she finished speaking. This is going to be a short rough ride.

David handed a flashbang to each of six member's of his squad. "I am aware of that. That was why I was going to have squad A Composed of Myself, Ashlyn and Ai and Squad B will consist of Charles, Galar and Natsuko. My team will take the roof and Charles' group will take the sewers." David handed the breaching charge to Charles and then packed away the other one on his armour. He then turned to the CO. "We are ready to leave when you are ready. Make sure your snipers don't hit us if they are going to shoot anything."

The CO nodded, in acknowledgement.

"If you need advice, contact us via PANTHEON. I am trained in urban tactical combat."

Xanatos nodded in agreement with Natsuko. He was definitely under-experienced when it came to combat. He may be a genius with computers, but he had barely passed his combat training course. The Yamataian scratched his cheek with a sigh.

"Alright, we'll cause as much ruckus as we can out here for you. COMMENCE OP!"

Spotlights shone on the building, trying to bind the snipers...

Natsuko nodded in acknowledgment and prepped for deployment. "Ready when you are, sir." Natsuko said once she was ready to go. Short and rough. Let's hope for more of the first and less of the last...

Xanatos then turned to David and asked, "Um, sir? What should I do?" His name was not called for the teams, so he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. The Yamataian wondered if he was invisible for a large portion of the time...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…